• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3 Trailers, Including Final Trailer, Coming December 10th and 18th

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsoraful

Awards
It was definitely at E3 I believe and a person asked specifically about Disney worlds and then at the end each team is working on 3 worlds in the stressed that these won’t be the only worlds on the game. I took him stressing to mean he was not including the original worlds. Which to me means that there’s 9 Disney worlds plus sub world 100 acre wood inside an original world.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
To quote Ariana Grande, “The light (Nomura) is coming to take back everything the darkness (Amazon) stole.”

At this point. I think we’ll have one more Disney world to make it equal to KH1. 9 Disney and 4 original. 12 with Seekers and one without. Twilight Town probably has two because they needed to make up for 100 Acre Wood not having a Seeker.

My last world prediction will be Princess and the Frog to be revealed on the 10th. It’ll be paired with a Jack Skellington where he can either be in Christmas or Halloween Form, one using ice and one using lightning. Hopefully a Haunted Mansion attraction flow too.

I think the trailer on the 18th will be a story trailer and will feature FF characters and maybe something Ralph-related, possibly playable versions of the games from the film. They’re losing a whole month of trailer circulation for the cinema trailer in Japan to wait until the sequel releases there, so I think there’s something in one of the upcoming trailers that has some kind of connection to the film. At least by the 18th we’ll know Ralph’s certain fate.

On a final note, I can’t believe we’re here. The final trailer is in less than a month. I still expect there to be a launch trailer in January, but it will likely just be footage we’ve already seen cut differently, possibly with Face My Fears.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I don't care about a new Disney world, but I'd love to get Radiant Garden as a playable world :)

Radiant Garden has been the standard original world to visit for every console Kingdom Hearts game to date. It'd be such a shame for it to not be explorable.

You don't even need Sora to be the one exploring the world, I'd be fine traversing it with Riku and Kairi.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
To quote Ariana Grande, “The light (Nomura) is coming to take back everything the darkness (Amazon) stole.”

At this point. I think we’ll have one more Disney world to make it equal to KH1. 9 Disney and 4 original. 12 with Seekers and one without. Twilight Town probably has two because they needed to make up for 100 Acre Wood not having a Seeker.

My last world prediction will be Princess and the Frog to be revealed on the 10th. It’ll be paired with a Jack Skellington where he can either be in Christmas or Halloween Form, one using ice and one using lightning. Hopefully a Haunted Mansion attraction flow too.

I think the trailer on the 18th will be a story trailer and will feature FF characters and maybe something Ralph-related, possibly playable versions of the games from the film. They’re losing a whole month of trailer circulation for the cinema trailer in Japan to wait until the sequel releases there, so I think there’s something in one of the upcoming trailers that has some kind of connection to the film. At least by the 18th we’ll know Ralph’s certain fate.

On a final note, I can’t believe we’re here. The final trailer is in less than a month. I still expect there to be a launch trailer in January, but it will likely just be footage we’ve already seen cut differently, possibly with Face My Fears.
yeah espcially with that like by that tweet form anika noni rose tweet

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
The last world will obviously be. It's just so obvious, how did none of you guys see it was. I just can't wait to play through.

You heard it here first, the final world will be.

kingsoraful

Awards
One thing is for sure if on December 10th nomura nor anyone from square Enix says that it was the final Disney world then we know that there’s still one more and it will be on the 18th.

I stick with 2 more cause of everything that has been said and logics. Why only have the beginning worlds have 3 while the middle or end are one short? Makes no sense. Makes sense to have 3 Disney worlds in each sector and then a regular world in the middle jmo.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
When the mess you've caused is so disastrous that SEJ gets involved and has to get Nomura to fix your mistakes, yikes.

It was definitely at E3 I believe and a person asked specifically about Disney worlds and then at the end each team is working on 3 worlds in the stressed that these won’t be the only worlds on the game. I took him stressing to mean he was not including the original worlds. Which to me means that there’s 9 Disney worlds plus sub world 100 acre wood inside an original world.

I think there's some confusion going on here. This is the only thing I could find that's remotely similar to the subject, which I've pulled from our D23 Japan recap:

For KH3, development of the worlds is split into three sections: Early, Middle and Late. There are roughly 10 worlds* over the three sections, although it is unclear if those 10 account for only Disney worlds or all the worlds in the game. The worlds in the early section are about 90% complete, which includes Toy Story, Monsters Inc. and Hercules. The middle section is 60-70% complete, which includes Tangled. The late section was not given an exact percentage.

*Note: The exact wording in Japanese is a vague way to express any number between 10-19 and does not confirm a specific number of worlds.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Radiant Garden has been the standard original world to visit for every console Kingdom Hearts game to date. It'd be such a shame for it to not be explorable.
Not just that, but it'd be baffling for Leon and the FF crew to not appear.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
When the mess you've caused is so disastrous that SEJ gets involved and has to get Nomura to fix your mistakes, yikes.

I think there's some confusion going on here. This is the only thing I could find that's remotely similar to the subject, which I've pulled from our D23 Japan recap:

Also, just want to draw attention to this being specifically about development of the worlds. They may or may not be developed in the order they are grouped in the game.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Also, just want to draw attention to this being specifically about development of the worlds. They may or may not be developed in the order they are grouped in the game.

I'd guess they were working on worlds in order of convenience. Nomura did say at some point that they were making more progress on worlds they hadn't announced yet and vice versa.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Not just that, but it'd be baffling for Leon and the FF crew to not appear.

About that, people are saying that "Cloud and Sephiroth have to finish their battle in Kingdom Hearts III", and to that, I say no. Cloud and Sephiroth's disappearance felt conclusive to me, they're cameo characters, their arc doesn't have to have a black and white conclusion.

With that being said, Leon and Aerith coming back is definitely something that I can see, even if the value of their role has been reduced.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I hope everyone can practice being appreciative that we're somehow even at this point. We've spent almost 7 years waiting for this stupid thing. We're very fortunate that our lives are at least simple enough that we've been able to keep this on our collective radar.

Just wanted to get that out before the wave of disappointment and hot-takes is unleashed with these trailers, especially if we for some reason don't get another world.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Sign said:

For KH3, development of the worlds is split into three sections: Early, Middle and Late. There are roughly 10 worlds* over the three sections, although it is unclear if those 10 account for only Disney worlds or all the worlds in the game. The worlds in the early section are about 90% complete, which includes Toy Story, Monsters Inc. and Hercules. The middle section is 60-70% complete, which includes Tangled. The late section was not given an exact percentage.

*Note: The exact wording in Japanese is a vague way to express any number between 10-19 and does not confirm a specific number of worlds.

Thank you, Sign! This is exactly what I vaguely remembered. Okay, so it does seem like Nomura is referring to the Disney worlds in this quote, since he only mentions Disney properties in relation to each "section" of them game. However, Nomura seemed to keep it vague by saying that he was unsure if each "section" includes just Disney worlds or all of the worlds in the game.

So, I guess we're still in the same state as before. It's unclear. But, I feel there will only be one more Disney world. However, given that Square revealed Frozen and Pirates in the same day, it's not out of the question for both trailers to reveal a new world. The only reason I lean towards this not being the case is because any trailer that reveals a new world, that world tends to be the highlight of the trailer (with maybe the exception of Winnie the Pooh). So, I would imagine the "final" trailer would want to focus more on "we've shown you everything we have, get ready for the game" rather than "okay one more world reveal".

Leaferian

Awards
Knowing the exact trailer dates is pretty exciting! I won't speculate on what will or won't show up, but I will say I'm super giddy that we're here.

kingsoraful

Awards
Thank you, Sign! This is exactly what I vaguely remembered. Okay, so it does seem like Nomura is referring to the Disney worlds in this quote, since he only mentions Disney properties in relation to each "section" of them game. However, Nomura seemed to keep it vague by saying that he was unsure if each "section" includes just Disney worlds or all of the worlds in the game.

So, I guess we're still in the same state as before. It's unclear. But, I feel there will only be one more Disney world. However, given that Square revealed Frozen and Pirates in the same day, it's not out of the question for both trailers to reveal a new world. The only reason I lean towards this not being the case is because any trailer that reveals a new world, that world tends to be the highlight of the trailer (with maybe the exception of Winnie the Pooh). So, I would imagine the "final" trailer would want to focus more on "we've shown you everything we have, get ready for the game" rather than "okay one more world reveal".

it can literally be both especially if it's a long trailer.

Nomura specifically referenced Disney Properties and in many interviews Nomura specifies Disney Worlds as ones being traveled to via gummi ship so that in and of itself eliminates 100 Acre Wood from this discussion as that is not a world traveled to on Gummi Ship.

I'm not saying it does not count towards the final game count it absolutely does but it does not count with Nomura's quote because it is not journeyed to via gummi ship.

The Gummi Ship is returning in Kingdom Hearts 3, which I think is interesting. I'm curious why you decided to bring it back? What you think it can add to Kingdom Hearts 3. Is it to tie it more into the previous games?

Nomura: In Kingdom Hearts numbered titles, the Gummi Ship has always been there to travel between the worlds. Gummi Ships are part of the basics of Kingdom Hearts, and as a numbered title in the series, I thought it was necessary to have it in there to complete the package. This is something that [Hironobu Sakaguchi] told me once, which is that Final Fantasy is a title that just has everything in it.
I wanted to bring that to Kingdom Hearts. In Kingdom Hearts there's the shooting game, there's the RPG, there's the adventure game. It has action, command battles, and everything. There's customization with Gummi Ships, and they bring with them the shooter aspect and the travel aspect. It's just a part of Kingdom Hearts. That's why I thought it was necessary to have it in the title.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/tetsuya-nomura-kingdom-hearts-3-interview

So I mean that to me suggests the Disney Worlds that are part of the 3 that each team worked on are worlds traveled to via gummi ship, not a sub world in an original world which is 100 Acre Wood.

Like I said though on December 10th we'll know cause they already said when all the Disney Worlds are revealed they'll announce as such. If they don't reveal on Dec 10th that such and such is the last world then the final Disney World will be revealed in December 18th in the story trailer.

notnow123487

Awards
I’m just gonna assume like the other trailer that was supposed to be reaped jst it’s gonna come out in USA time.

final Disney world revealed on the 18th and then the second to last on the tenth.

Mate you need to give it up. There’s one Disney world left.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
The fact that Nomura came out and clarified everything is such a respectful attitude. Massive respect!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
it can literally be both especially if it's a long trailer.

Nomura specifically referenced Disney Properties and in many interviews Nomura specifies Disney Worlds as ones being traveled to via gummi ship so that in and of itself eliminates 100 Acre Wood from this discussion as that is not a world traveled to on Gummi Ship.

I'm not saying it does not count towards the final game count it absolutely does but it does not count with Nomura's quote because it is not journeyed to via gummi ship.

The Gummi Ship is returning in Kingdom Hearts 3, which I think is interesting. I'm curious why you decided to bring it back? What you think it can add to Kingdom Hearts 3. Is it to tie it more into the previous games?

Nomura: "In Kingdom Hearts numbered titles, the Gummi Ship has always been there to travel between the worlds. Gummi Ships are part of the basics of Kingdom Hearts, and as a numbered title in the series, I thought it was necessary to have it in there to complete the package. This is something that [Hironobu Sakaguchi] told me once, which is that Final Fantasy is a title that just has everything in it.
I wanted to bring that to Kingdom Hearts. In Kingdom Hearts there's the shooting game, there's the RPG, there's the adventure game. It has action, command battles, and everything. There's customization with Gummi Ships, and they bring with them the shooter aspect and the travel aspect. It's just a part of Kingdom Hearts. That's why I thought it was necessary to have it in the title".

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/tetsuya-nomura-kingdom-hearts-3-interview

So I mean that to me suggests the Disney Worlds that are part of the 3 that each team worked on are worlds travelled to via gummi ship, not a sub world in an original world which is 100 Acre Wood.

Like I said though on December 10th we'll know cause they already said when all the Disney Worlds are revealed they'll announce as such. If they don't reveal on Dec 10th that such and such is the last world then the final Disney World will be revealed in December 18th in the story trailer.

Even so, that doesn't change the possibility of having only one more Disney world revealed as opposed to two. Original worlds will still have Gummi Ship segments dedicated to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back