• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3 Trailers, Including Final Trailer, Coming December 10th and 18th

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
is radiant garden playable outside of cutsceanes

notnow123487

Awards
So I think an interesting thing to be discussed is will they still show every Disney world before release. We’re basing that assumption on a quote from Nomura that is a couple years old now. I understand the large marketing issue of single Disney worlds can sell a game, but what if it was an obscure world Disney evaluated wouldn’t affect game sales. I think it needs to be taken into account that the marketing strategy is to show and discuss as little of the game as possible. Examples:

- They released a out of order and sync clip version of the opening movie when in the past they always release the opening beforehand.
- They don’t show final bosses of any worlds intentionally. There was a quote on that.
- There is essentially zero interviews and press on the game outside of the trailers. This is a big one. Nomura had interviews at e3 but that was it.
- We haven’t seen anything of original worlds outside of twilight town.

I think the marketing for this game is interesting in that they’re really protecting the story which I appreciate. Anyone that is complaining that we’ve seen too much should be grateful when in the past the marketing for these games spoil the whole story. The only thing I wish there was more of us interviews about development. I would much rather no more trailers at this point and just a ton of interviews with Nomura and developers digging into their head about what the last five years have been like for them.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Even if the last Disney world(s?) was obscure compared to the others I can't imagine it staying a secret unless it had major spoilers. And even then I think they would still show it before release assuming Nomura intends to show the final world.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Unless we have 2 more Disney Worlds left which seems highly unlikely, the fact they bothered to bring 100th Acre Wood back instead of another Disney World that could connect to the main plot, is disappointing.

Even if its role is for the player to take a break from the main plot and chill out, when the amount of Disney Worlds is small it should be the first one to be excluded.

robotman

Unless we have 2 more Disney Worlds left which seems highly unlikely, the fact they bothered to bring 100th Acre Wood back instead of another Disney World that could connect to the main plot, is disappointing.

Even if its role is for the player to take a break from the main plot and chill out, when the amount of Disney Worlds is small it should be the first one to be excluded.

I totally agree with you, if Winnie The Pooh is indeed the final Disney world to be included, that would be extremely disappointing as there are many other worlds which people would see rather than this again. I guess we'll have our answer on the 18th.

I still have hope that there's one more world left to be revealed. If not I'll just moan and be annoyed (I'll get over it eventually), it will definitely kill some hype of the game for me though.

bagcifreak

I believe we'll get to see Radiant Garden & Wreck It Ralph on the 18th!

I just now noticed that the "trailer" for the 21st is literally 15 seconds long and it's the day WIR2 debuts in Japan. It will probably be one of those "replay the first WIR movie in the upcoming KH videogame blablabla".

Kinda doubt we'll get to see another Disney world next month and the last remaining original worlds are probably cable town and final world amd I think we won't get to see much of them anyways kinda like the Keyblade Graveyard.

I also hope the second playable character remains a secret even tho I feel like it will definitely be a throwback to young Xehanort. The opening movie made that really obvious imo.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

I see where you're coming from at face value, but 100 Acre Wood is the designated minigame world. 100 Acre Wood is not an expansive Disney world, so it wouldn't have eliminated any other contenders. If anything, 100 Acre Wood's return literally gives the other Disney worlds more space.

...and there's so much material to pull from. I was initially under the assumption that they would be using the 2011 movie, but Square Enix seems to be using DisneyToon Studios material as inspiration this time around. That's clever use of the source material.

I stick by the notion that there's another world left until Nomura gives the formal announcement of all of the Disney worlds being revealed.

ghostwarmen

Awards
I totally agree with you, if Winnie The Pooh is indeed the final Disney world to be included, that would be extremely disappointing as there are many other worlds which people would see rather than this again. I guess we'll have our answer on the 18th.

I still have hope that there's one more world left to be revealed. If not I'll just moan and be annoyed (I'll get over it eventually), it will definitely kill some hype of the game for me though.
I hate to be like this, but I honestly somewhat agree. If there’s no other worlds left, I’ll get over it, but my hype will be dampened some.

Honestly, the game being in development for 5 years, and with the largest Square team working on the game, with 3 worlds in 3 sections, I’ll be severely disappointed if it’s just the 8 we have now. It doesn’t strike much logic to me, feels like it should be 10 Disney still. But we’ll most likely know in a week.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I believe we'll get to see Radiant Garden & Wreck It Ralph on the 18th!

I just now noticed that the "trailer" for the 21st is literally 15 seconds long and it's the day WIR2 debuts in Japan. It will probably be one of those "replay the first WIR movie in the upcoming KH videogame blablabla".

I can totally see this happening, too. Words won't express how disappointing WIR being the only world left will be.

Vasquez

Awards
I do agree that WIR is too big of a present IP to get the Bambi, Dumbo, and Chicken Little treatment (no world, just a summon). At least I hope so.

kingsoraful

Awards
If 100 Acre Wood was the last Disney World revealed it would have been promoted in the trailer and announced at the X-Box event as such. It was not in any way shape or form so there's obviously still more. Cause a new Disney World reveal is a guaranteed headline especially the last one.

They'd want to capitalize on an announcement like that as much as they can and yes I still believe there's 2 more.

I fully believe and expect we will officially know the moment the last Disney World is revealed. We won't be kept in the dark.

the red monster

Awards
I fully believe and expect we will officially know the moment the last Disney World is revealed. We won't be kept in the dark.

I won't be so sure about that, they already kept us in the dark with private event trailers bs so that won't be the first time.

kingsoraful

Awards
I won't be so sure about that, they already kept us in the dark with private event trailers bs so that won't be the first time.

The two things are two completely different things. Literally two completely different things. We won't be kept in the dark when it comes to the Disney Worlds. They'll announce when the last Disney World has been announced cause it will be promoted as such.

They will capitalize and make the most money on revealing the final world and promoting it as such.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back