• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix Website Update!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

After all the Jump Festa buzz, news is slowing down to a steady pace, but the action hasn't stopped!

The official KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5 HD ReMix website updated with the Kingdom Hearts Final Mix section getting brand new content all through it.

Information such as the story, characters, the worlds, the system gameplay and new features included in the game.

While most of the information has been previously announced to the public, the most notable addition to the site includes a comparision of the infamous Paopu Tree scene, which is available in both Standard Definition and the High Definition. Another note-worthy addition to the site is the presence of the inventory menu during gameplay when flying through the Gummi Ship. This addition, while available in the original Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, is new for the Western audience.

KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5 HD ReMIX releases on March 14th 2013 in Japan.

Source: aibo_ac7 via Twitter

crash13

Awards
khfm_newfeatures_thumb_03.jpg

Does any one know what the trophy is called? It's obviously for beating a tournament.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Thanks for the update! Oh gosh, all this news to soak in...

Eyes are a good way of telling if they're using a higher quality model.

My eyes instantly darted to the circles within the irises of SKR. They were hardly noticeable outside of Nomura's concept art, but the clarity here is great. So yes, eyes, and particularly with the Tarzan render I noticed, nails, have received a buffing o' detail. :)

Time to browse. 8D

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Honestly, Tidus, Wakka and Selphie look updated as well.

Also, was this really this jagged in game? I remember it looking much smoother.
khfm_newfeatures_detail_sd.jpg

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Isn't it Hero in the Making?

Yeah, they've update it.

I was more wondering if I had just missed the better render at some point, but I don't see when they could have made it since Deep Jungle has only ever been in one game. I could definitely tell it was better than the original :p

Honestly, Tidus, Wakka and Selphie look updated as well.

Also, was this really this jagged in game? I remember it looking much smoother.
khfm_newfeatures_detail_sd.jpg

The Tidus, Wakka, and Selphie ones are from Re: Coded I think.

And I'm not sure, I usually focused more on Riku in the foreground who looks pretty decent in this screen. Though I don't remember it being quite that jagged.

Last edited:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
The DI gang renders are from re:coded, right? EDIT: ninja'd

Yeah I don't remember the Paopu tree (or anything else) seeming that rigid. Perhaps the extra harshness is showing because it is a shrunken screencap?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Just as they show a ton of jaggies in the SD picture that we don't really remember, you can be sure the smoothness of the HD pic won't be so accurate in game.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
Wow, I didn't think there was that big of difference between the original KH1 and KHHD. It looks so much better! I'm so happy that SE decided to use new models and make everything look prettier~

Yeah I don't remember the Paopu tree (or anything else) seeming that rigid. Perhaps the extra harshness is showing because it is a shrunken screencap?
I remember it being that rigid...

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
The SD image was obviously not taken from the original KHFM because the models are exactly the same, it was just sampled down and resized (even to the wrong aspect ratio).

This is the original scene from the game:

Edit: Sorry I didn't realize the image would be to wide for the forum. Just click on the thumb to view the full size image.

Edit2: The HD image was also manipulated, just look how Riku is folding his arms and compare it to my and the SD version.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Everything looks so good~

Isn't it Hero in the Making?

Yeah, they've update it.

Aw man, I wish they didn't have all the sparkles obstructing the render so I can add it to the gallery xD

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Aw man, I wish they didn't have all the sparkles obstructing the render so I can add it to the gallery xD
Seriously, what's up with that? Tarzan looks more like friggin' Edward from Twilight.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
Wow. What a difference between now and 10 years ago. They're really giving everyone a makeover.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
The more I look at the older model of Riku in comparison to the newer one the more it looks like he was drunk. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back