• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix Jump Festa Trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think they did an awesome job. With Kingdom Heart Remix hopefully they have I don't understand this fish face business, but whatever it doesn't matter to me.
Compare the pair.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

So does that mean they are not doing a Kingdom Hearts 2 remix?
Nomura said:
It would be unnatural not to (laughs).

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So does that mean they are not doing a Kingdom Hearts 2 remix?

Where on earth did you get that idea? It's been mentioned several times that it'd be unusual if there weren't.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Are you being sarcastic? Can't really tell.

Then again, I like being sarcastic.

That should suffice, I believe lol

Lemme say this to expand on the last thing I said: be happy that we're getting all of this:

- KH 1 FM HD with updated models and fixed gameplay
- KH Re:CoM which a lot of people in Europe didn't get to play
- KH 358/2 Days reworked into a beautiful HD 'movie'
- Trophies
- PS3 Themes as a reward for completing the games

Do fishfaces even matter here? Or even the cropped cutscenes (although I'm hearing that the cutscenes aren't even cropped in the game)? This lets you re-experience 2 wonderful games (to be more precise, 3 games) in HD and fixes what was broken in the first game to have a more consistent experience.

And yes, it hasn't been announced for international release but they didn't remove the secret message in DDD for us, did they? That should tell us enough.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So Square Enix is being lazy and doing fish faces for a pre-rendered movie? smh

Such a horror. This small team of people are so lazy despite the fact they were the ones to take on the project without having been asked and have never made a HD game before. Damn, can't forget this might be SE's most polished HD game yet, but they are so lazy for having fish face. SMH.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Such a horror. This small team of people are so lazy despite the fact they were the ones to take on the project without having been asked and have never made a HD game before. Damn, can't forget this might be SE's most polished HD game yet, but they are so lazy for having fish face. SMH.

#firstworldproblems amirght? ;D

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
That should suffice, I believe lol

Lemme say this to expand on the last thing I said: be happy that we're getting all of this:

- KH 1 FM HD with updated models and fixed gameplay
- KH Re:CoM which a lot of people in Europe didn't get to play
- KH 358/2 Days reworked into a beautiful HD 'movie'
- Trophies
- PS3 Themes as a reward for completing the games

Do fishfaces even matter here? Or even the cropped cutscenes (although I'm hearing that the cutscenes aren't even cropped in the game)? This lets you re-experience 2 wonderful games (to be more precise, 3 games) in HD and fixes what was broken in the first game to have a more consistent experience.

And yes, it hasn't been announced for international release but they didn't remove the secret message in DDD for us, did they? That should tell us enough.
Yeah but on PCSX2 you can have even better upgraded models or something!!! It's better!!!!!

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Vəntus;5948880 said:
I like the trailer but what really stood out for me was that 10 years later, they still cannot get rid of fish face but in games like XIII, it's just simply not there.

Actually it would take longer and the xiii version is stiff face animation

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Actually it would take longer and the xiii version is stiff face animation

And even then it is still prerendered faces. It's much more noticeable in XIII-2 where it looks like Serah is moving her head and thinking with a blank look or a forever fixed smile. It is very eerie and I'm glad they didn't go that route in the 1.5.

Lol Larxene.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
But its not a matter of technology. Animation is one of the hardest things to do in the world and its time consuming. The kh ps2 games wouldntvbe done in a timely manner if they had full faces everywhere it counts

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
But it takes a long time and more animators. No matter the tech. Days alone they mustve worked on about a year. Ddd has face ankmations but they have new tools for it tools that might notve been compatibld with ps2 kh. And they still had to work for two years.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Hey, think of it this way. Even with all the updates and remodels, we're still getting one piece of the original games.

That's how I see it. I see nostalgia in those fish faces. As silly as it sounds, lol. I'm weird that way.

Vəntus

Awards
Website
the-gapra-whitewood.tumblr.com
I doubt it takes a long time to animate if they have almost every aspect of the game ready, at least a month if it's like 10 or 15 animators each set to work on a certain world's cutscenes and the last few as extra help. It really does not seem like that much of a chore if they hired A-class employees.

EDIT: It's not even really that I want them gone, it's just astounding how even after 10 years they're not gone. But also scenes like the one at 1:34, where Sora faces the World of Chaos, like it's Sora's final battle and you're not gonna go all grandeur?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back