• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHInsider's D23 Japan 2018 Coverage!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Re: KHInsider's D23 Japan 2018 Coverage!

Edit: Sorry for double post, I was so sure someone would post in between

I also dislike the new theme.

Thats a REAL shame.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

So was Vanitas in a black coat?

Yea, and on top the mask, lol.

And he seems to be as creepy/stalkerish towards Sora as he's to Ven.

I'd say that trailer counts as quite some new information, especially since we get to see both Rapunzel and Flynn as Teammates, Ariel and Meow Wow as new summons and Marluxia being creepy.

EDIT:
Ok, there's a second one:
[video=youtube;LuSh4-cbAOc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuSh4-cbAOc[/video]

Nice outfits...and Riku's Keyblade is broken???

Last edited:

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Well then.

Ahhhhhh

This trailer looks stupid.
It's a bit messy. Too much going on as usual, gameplay looks busy busy busy, some of the modeling is, um...what's going on with Boo.
Monsters Inc. still looks like a cool world though. And I guess Vanitas is semi-confirmed as Organization 2.0.

And it looks like Ariel is finally going to get to go on an adventure with Sora and see other worlds (sort of). Doin' right by one of my favorite KH1 party members.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

This is the first time I have been seriously worried about this game. I seriously think it looks REALLY BAD. Both trailers disappointed in EVERY SINGLE WAY.

I personally think the models and world design are AWFUL. Unlike past trailers, the character models look ridiculous in the world environment. People complained about the look when this world leaked but I think it looked better BEFORE. No wonder a BH6 world hasn't been shown!

I personally think the theme song is the most boring Utada has been since she came back and that's saying a LOT (and I was the BIGGEST fan before the hiatus). I loved Hikki and gave her the benefit of the doubt, just coming back and all... but man, I couldn't tell this apart from most of her singles since her return.

I'm honestly so disappointed that all my excitement for this game may have died.

Edit: Look, Goofy is in the SAME EXACT POSE as the orchestra trailer. Maybe Donald too but I don't remember his pose...

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

This is the first time I have been seriously worried about this game. I seriously think it looks REALLY BAD. Both trailers disappointed in EVERY SINGLE WAY.

I personally think the models and world design are AWFUL. Unlike past trailers, the character models look ridiculous in the world environment. People complained about the look when this world leaked but I think it looked better BEFORE. No wonder a BH6 world hasn't been shown!

I personally think the theme song is the most boring Utada has been since she came back and that's saying a LOT (and I was the BIGGEST fan before the hiatus). I loved Hikki and gave her the benefit of the doubt, just coming back and all... but man, I couldn't tell this apart from most of her singles since her return.

I'm honestly so disappointed that all my excitement for this game may have died.

Edit: Look, Goofy is in the SAME EXACT POSE as the orchestra trailer. Maybe Donald too but I don't remember his pose...

Who cares? Its just like their default ready to fight poses, that seems like a silly thing to nitpick about tbh...dunno what to say about the rest since I only think Sulley and sort of Boo's models look off at all. It is still clear they are not done with lighting and stuff yet but idk. The models aren't actually different than before so dunno how they look worse.

Edit: Like to be clear, you can have your opinion I just feel these 2 points are really opinion lol. Especially the pose thing.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Goofy used that same pose in the older KH games, why are people picking at it recently? Because of HD graphics?

CrystalRaine

You're being a tad over-dramatic, aren't you? I don't know if you were watching the same trailer, but the models to me look gorgeous, especially Sora and Marluxia in the Tangled world.

Concerning the Monsters Inc. world, of course the models - especially Sulley and Boo, are going to take more work to get right, because that movie used far more photorealistic CGI than Toy Story. The game isn't coming out for at least a good few months yet, and with the progress they've made with the Xemnas and YX models since the last trailers, I'm more than confident they'll get this sorted out by the time the game's release.

As for the song, that's simply a matter of subjectivity - you either like it or you don't. I personally love it; it's very simple and contemporary and the chorus has been stuck in my head all morning.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

The main issue with visuals i see now is the hair. I'm not sure what it's called but Marluxia's hair is a good example with all those split ends all over.

It should be a lot cleaner..though i'm not sure if it's something they can solves or it's something that stronger hardware would just have to fix.

Ohh it's called hair dithering.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Fantastic job on the coverage guys, genuinely appreciate the speedy updates.

Riruru

Monsters Inc was one of my favourite movies as a kid. I'm quite delighted to be able to run around the factory.

Also, it looks like Riku is losing his keyblade? Just like him to chuck it away as soon as it becomes contemporary for everyone to have one.

kingsoraful

Awards

I'm glad the leaks were wrong. If there's 10 Disney Worlds in the game it means basically that there's still 3 we don't know of.

We've got Tangled, Monsters Inc, Toy Story, Hercules, and Big Hero 6. Obvious Frozen will be included.

100 Acre Wood will probably be in Radiant Garden so there's that as well.

So we still don't know 3 Disney Worlds.

Griewer

Awards

Here's my unpopular opinion. I don't care how the game will look as long as they get the story and the characters and the battle system right. And from that point of view, the trailers were MORE than good. Gotta agree on the new song though. :-/

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

It's just my opinion. Of course it'll look better when the game comes out. Heck, maybe I'll even like the remix of the song better too. But I think it doesn't look very good yet.

Goofy used that same pose in the older KH games, why are people picking at it recently? Because of HD graphics?

Yeah, I think it's 100% the graphics. Just the same way I expected fish face to be gone, I expected there to be more than one battle pose. Like any variation at all. I think it will look ridiculous if SDG make the same movements every cutscne with these graphics.

Edit: In light of how big of a difference 0.2 had since it's trailer in lighting before release... I still do have high hopes for KH3.

Last edited:

horto12485

Awards

I'm glad the leaks were wrong. If there's 10 Disney Worlds in the game it means basically that there's still 3 we don't know of.

We've got Tangled, Monsters Inc, Toy Story, Hercules, and Big Hero 6. Obvious Frozen will be included.

100 Acre Wood will probably be in Radiant Garden so there's that as well.

So we still don't know 3 Disney Worlds.

It would be nice If we had Treasure Planet alongside Jungle Book would be revealed

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

It's just my opinion. Of course it'll look better when the game comes out. Heck, maybe I'll even like the remix of the song better too. But I think it doesn't look very good yet.

Yeah, I think it's 100% the graphics. Just the same way I expected fish face to be gone, I expected there to be more than one battle pose. Like any variation at all. I think it will look ridiculous if SDG make the same movements every cutscne with these graphics.

Edit: In light of how big of a difference 0.2 had since it's trailer in lighting before release... I still do have high hopes for KH3.

I do get your feelings about the lighting, but I dunno, expecting them to make slightly different variations of poses for every scene in the game may leave you disappointed lol. Would I like that too? Yeah sure. But in general they all look more lively than ever before so I guess I just don't think its so bad if they default to poses or have less expressive faces at some point when they are in the background of a scene they aren't the focus of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back