• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KHInsider Reviews KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX-

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xagzan

Awards
Ok, so, just to double check, does this mean Marluxia and Larxene and co. don't have a single voiced cutscene in Days?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Thanks for the review.
As bummed as I am about a the little glitches an' things you mentioned it still looks like a good buy.
One thing I don't understand about the 358/2 Days cutscenes is why didn't they just do speech bubble cutscenes instead of those journal entries and why did they cut those scenes of Saix and Xemnas?

Time constraints I suppose. No one really understands. It's very odd that the focus became even more on Roxas, Axel and Xion that they even pushed these strong characters with such important ties to the story out of the way. I'm sure we could have sacrificed a few ice cream scenes for them.

rockram198

Website
www.facebook.com
Great review, though might I add: "The worst offender of this in my opinion would be the Opposite Armor that zooms around the Second District of Twilight Town." Shouldn't that be Traverse Town? Just saying :3

Kevin Perez

I'm a bit weary of the release now thanks to these discovered audio issues. I don't want to seem nitpicky but I don't want to purchase something that may hinder may enjoyment, especially since it seems these issues seem rather distracting. Who knows, I still may buy it but some part of me is reconsidering because I don't want to purchase a game with these types of defects.

Sorarocks93

Awards
I'm a bit weary of the release now thanks to these discovered audio issues. I don't want to seem nitpicky but I don't want to purchase something that may hinder may enjoyment, especially since it seems these issues seem rather distracting. Who knows, I still may buy it but some part of me is reconsidering because I don't want to purchase a game with these types of defects.

Not to mention that they seem rather frequent. How many complaints have we got now? I seriously hope they fix it.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Most reviews of this compilation that have been published so far give it about 7/10, just like this one. It's a shame about the glitches and the clipping issues, but overall I think it would be fair to say that the versions of these three titles included in this package are the best ones released so far (of course, I might be a bit biased but I thought 358/2 Days was rubbish as a game, offering pretty much nothing new).

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Since my review pertains only to the circumstances surrounding the remaster alone, I gave it a lower score because I had little to say. It's Re:CoM. I played and own both the GBA original and the PS2 remake and they're all great and I loved the experiences, but in the case of the remaster, it's just sort of... there. I appreciate the changes they've made but it might as well have been completely untouched.

The greater benefit of the game is for the EU and PAL regions where it was never released, but for anyone who did play the originals, it doesn't do much and I'm honestly rather indifferent to it. If I were to rate Re:CoM back when it released in 2008 it'd of course have received a higher score, but honestly at this day and age I just don't think it deserves more than a fairly low "neutral".

Ah okay, I understand your thought process :) I agree that it's not as exciting as the other two inclusions to those of us in North America. It's definitely the one I will be playing last out of the three.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Great review, though might I add: "The worst offender of this in my opinion would be the Opposite Armor that zooms around the Second District of Twilight Town." Shouldn't that be Traverse Town? Just saying :3

OH MY GOD

I am so sorry about that xD

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I think that's a general misconception that as fansites, we're obligated to give the games more praise than negativity. (Honestly my score was originally a bit lower than it is now, but I was sabotaged by adorable staff).

It's a great game, but the issues are present and do need to be acknowledged.

I'm glad you guys did this. Honestly, I was expecting more praise than anything (no offense). Very happy to be proven wrong!

With that said, can't wait to get my copy and play Re:CoM for the first time. Also curious to see how Days finally turned out.

limit

Danget, Osaka!

Haha, jk, definitely looking forward to this, I've been kinda busy so I have to pick it up tomorrow, though. Let's hope this experience helps them with 2.5.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Personally, KHFM gets a 3/10 just for making the camera even more frustrating xD

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I seriously had no problem with any camera in the series.

UNTIL NOW

KHFM's camera in 1.5 is so crazy xD

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
So far I only don't like the camera just for never staying still when I move it to get another perspective.

Otherwise, I expect a pretty great remaster.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
10/10 for me~ Enjoying every second of it right now! XD

Camera is frustrating, yes, but not so much that I'd rate it lower (NOTHING could lower it in my eyes! >:D) and the thing I dislike is the voice glitch problem. No me gusta T_T

Having a blast with its beauty, and I love the way Destiny Islands sounds now, especially X3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I had mine on manual and then switched to see what auto was like. It might be a glitch for me, but I couldn't tell a difference, and the camera didn't follow me -~-

It follows you when you turn corners without touching the camera. Manual will make the camera stay stationary when turning. Did you try going around any corners of buildings or obstructions?

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
It follows you when you turn corners without touching the camera. Manual will make the camera stay stationary when turning. Did you try going around any corners of buildings or obstructions?
Yup. Nuthin. I didn't change it back to manual yet, tho. So maybe when I turn it on later it will be corrected. Wishful thinking~ :3

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Shame to hear about the bugs, and glitches. Suppose it isn't entirely unexpected given the amount of work they had to do for this, which goes beyond what we usually get in remasters. Hope these issues are resolved by the time I finally buy this.

Quick question: Are you able to change the camera control to the L2/R2 buttons like it was in the original, are you only able to use the analog stick?

On another note, I'm saddened by how the precious screen time with Larxene (and some of the other members) in Days got reduced to a journal entry with a background image. Ah, well, suppose it couldn't be helped with the time constraints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back