• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHI makes a KH game! Programming Sub-topic

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
It's funny because that's how Disney makes most of their sound effects. XD They use house hold items to make sounds. Like, to make a roaring wind, they would drag a bag of sand across a carpeted floor.

It is rather funny how developers make their soundeffects! I once saw a video of Raven Software when making the game for X-Men Origins: Wolverine and they smashed a watermelon with their fists to get the gory sound when slashing through enemies :p

Is it that big of a deal though if we would use original sounds instead of making our own, I mean, I thought things weren't illegal as long as we don't profit from the game?

I don't have a problem with making our own soundeffects though, it's just that I'm scared that we won't have the means to make our soundeffects as good as the original ones are.

DarkRiku-12

^ It's not illegal as long as you dont profit from the game and use other people's work without their permission. I think someone mentioned earlier that there was a Chrono Trigger fangame that used the original engine ripped from the game. They got torn new asses by SE from what I heard.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
^ It's not illegal as long as you dont profit from the game and use other people's work without their permission. I think someone mentioned earlier that there was a Chrono Trigger fangame that used the original engine ripped from the game. They got torn new asses by SE from what I heard.

Hmmm... okay, we're making our own soundeffects, it's official! xD

It would suck real hard if we had to remove our game or something after all this work we did o.o.

Okay, so we basically have to make a list in the future with all the sounds we actually need so we can make those too. That's for much later though.

Pratiko

Awards
Sup bitches, it's vacations time!
I'm glad to say I didn't die in alcohol last night, and that I'll start working this night. I already have a little knowledge on the Unity engine since I tried it in mid of October, so I'll try writting some scripts today to see how things come off.

I'll keep you informed.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

disneyfreaksXIII

do we all have to use the same language? or can it be c# and java?
what are the rest of you using to learn?

Pratiko

Awards
we're using the Unity tool, which can compile C#, Java, and some other language I don't remember.
Currently I'm on holidays with my family, though, so I haven't been able to do anything yet ._.

kinbur

Ok... my first post, I have been reading over the threads for KHI makes a KH game and i have decided that i want to help.
I have downloaded the unity engine and started to learn c# although now I am wondering whether too learn java instead whats easier for a complete beginer. I have wanted to make a game for quite awhile i thought this would be a good thing to start with. I hope to read more about the project.

Arkrend

It doesn't matter if you learn JAVA, C#, or Boo. If I write up the leveling up script in Boo, and someone writes a GUI script in C# it won't matter. Unity compiles scripts separately.

We can mix languages as long as everything compiles in the right order.

C# is commonly used by the proffesionals, but JAVA has more tutorials.

I'd recommend JAVA for beginners since there are more tutorials.

Now this important!

Only look at tutorial about Unity C# and Unity JAVA. Certain aspects of regular JAVA and C# don't transfer into Unity. If you already know these languages it isn't hard to learn the differences in the engine's scripting.

I recommend specifically searching for UnityScript, unity's java, and Unity C# tutorials.

The Unity manual is probably one of the first things you should read. The manual is on the Unity website. I also posted a link to a very detailed explanation of the basics of UnityScript. Those two will give you a good idea of UnityScript.

Welcome onboard Kinbur. Just pick a language that is easier to learn.

Currently I'm making some models. I'll post pictures soon.

kinbur

Well thanks for having me on board I could also help with sound effects and maybe even voice acting if you are going to do voice acting.

disneyfreaksXIII

speaking of voice acting my friend is interested (don't want to get ahead of ourselves but just thought i'd throw it out there)

DarkRiku-12

Same here! I can do a pretty good raspy/creepy voice that could go well with Animus.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Voice acting isn't really part of this thread. I think this will be decided in the game's final stages anyways. However, the voice itself isn't enough imo, you have to be able to act too.

For example, Bret Iwan nails Wayne Allwine's voice for Mickey Mouse, however, Bret Iwan isn't the actor that Wayne Allwine was (yet).

DarkRiku-12

Sorry about that. I guess I got a little caught up in the moment there. :p And I can understand exactly what you're saying. Not that none of us can act, but we don't want just anyone coming in and doing voice work. Anyway, back on topic, welcome onboard, Kinbur! :) Hope you have as much fun with the project as we've had! :) (At least I'm assuming you other guys have had fun with this, as if you didn't, we would have all left by now XD) lol

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Hey all! I hope everyone's as hyped as I am for KH DDD because of all the news coming in + a release date (kind of)? :D

I'm sure the project will be halted for a while because of the attention for DDD but I'm gonna post this here for the people who still want to work on the project now:

[video=youtube;oWCl_K1fGX4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWCl_K1fGX4&feature=related[/video]

OliverBarraza's Channel - YouTube

Voila, this guy has multiple tutorials on how to work with Unity. He also has one vid where he gives tips and tricks for importing and applying textures so be sure to check out his channel!

Anyways, I hope we can all continue working on our game when the news madness for DDD has ceased ;D

I also wish you all a very happy holiday season!

Pratiko

Awards
Thanks for that, dude.
Been having some trouble with Unity so I kinda left it there for a while, gonna check this tuts later. Hopefully, they'll help me through.

Darkrider S

Same here. Thanks so Muchh :D I'll check him out after i'm done with the Basic tutorials ^^. Having some trouble writing programss

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Hey guys, here with another vid that might help you guys with some work:

[video=youtube;dAVU0SdXjpY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAVU0SdXjpY&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

The guy in the vid is basically explaining how he makes the movements from a character. He (or the team he's in if he doesn't do it on his own) have made a game called League Of Legends, it's a MMORPG. Watch on his Youtube channel to see other vids where he shows things like 2D artwork (how it's made) etc.

DarkRiku-12

So, I guess I'll just blow some of the dust and cobwebs off of this thread and post this little baby.

sacrificedone1.png

Tadaaaaaa! :D A Sacrifice! Made this for fun and thought I'd share it with you guys.

Based off of the one on the right:
scaled.php
(originally drawn by quiteMAD)

It's not rigged yet, so for anybody who wants to rig it/clean up the model/anything else, here's the .obj:

Sacrifice drone VDONE.obj

Once somebody rigs it, just put it on Mediafire and send the link to me so I can out it in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back