• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D keyart featuring Sora and Riku (clearer art now!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

riku's_artist7

Bronze Member
Awards
Guys, its obvious riku takes roids, there no way in hell that a 15 year old can be that buff..;)

The only thing that bugs me is that in the demo the art for their bust shot, like the face for their health is the same face they used in kh1 (except rikus hair is shorter)...id like some new bust shots instead of using the same artwork yanoo

Also, the reason as to why they look "younger" is because this isn't "real" like, I think someone said that yen sid put them in one of those pods. So its really just a dream so that's why they are portrayed as their younger selves (hence the "dream" in DDD). Just a theory tho.

Haven't fans always joked that Riku's hair is a measurement of the Darkness in his heart. Him having short hair seems like a reflection of that. When he was a kid his hair was short, so he didn't have that much Darkness. Then when he was 15, it was longer and he seemed to have a good amount of Darkness. In Days/KH2 it was uber long and that was when he started accepting more of the Darkness until he just became Ansem: SoD. Also, even after he returned to his regular form, he used more Darkness based attacks.

It looks like in 3D, he is using more Light-attibuted abilities and spells as well. His slashes are both light and darkness (like when he does a combo finisher), and he used Blizzard and Cure for the first time...

I rather like the new hair and I hope he keeps the style for the rest of the series. And if it starts getting long again, he should put it in a high ponytail.

I've heard this theory a bit, it actually makes sense tho if u think about it.
But I think he'd look too much like a samurai if he put it up in a high ponytail, although it would look interesting a quite cute.

Last edited:

riku's_artist7

Bronze Member
Awards
You'd be shocked. I recall Oprah had this 8-year old who was completely ripped on her show once cause we like an nth degrees black belt or something.

I rememember a video of a kid like that, most likely the same kid, ridiculous >_>. It scared me

Mr Yippie

So, uh, have we completely ditched all Disney partners?

Love the Dream Eaters and all, but looks like they are taking up Quasimodo's spot.

Revolution

I must say, until I get more information on them, I'm not sure what to think on the cat and the Bat. Mostly cause they look like the most random partner's you could get.

Especially being that the names are "Bat Bat" and "Cat Cat". Even Pokemon has better names

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards
*U*

I dig the new clothing design, it has a nostalgic vibe towards the first Kingdom Hearts <3. Riku's new haircut threw me off XD, lolz. Exceptionally awesometastic 83, Nomura's art is always so catchy =3.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Riku's look would be perfect if he folded his collar down, other than that, it's a simple, fair, maturer look for him.

Although, I like Riku's new outfit more, Sora's ok. It's less things happening with it, which makes it better than the last.

I'm wondering if they'll have these outfits in their respective physiology (current ages). Probably not, considering they don't even know why they have new outfits, could just be for this experience.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So, uh, have we completely ditched all Disney partners?

Love the Dream Eaters and all, but looks like they are taking up Quasimodo's spot.
I think its just the demo focusing on new elements. Neku outright asked Sora to be his partner which is a pretty obvious sign the game will still have them.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think its just the demo focusing on new elements. Neku outright asked Sora to be his partner which is a pretty obvious sign the game will still have them.

Then Neku called Sora weird and ran the hell away from him. If Neku ends up being a party member, YES. If not, ooookay... Lol. I'm sure we'll see how things go when we get more info in the coming months~

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I wish they took a bigger risk and gave Sora some new hair. They literally overhauled Riku and Sora still looks more or less the same.

riku's_artist7

Bronze Member
Awards
Then Neku called Sora weird and ran the hell away from him. If Neku ends up being a party member, YES. If not, ooookay... Lol. I'm sure we'll see how things go when we get more info in the coming months~

they better make him a party member or imma cut someone..

I wish they took a bigger risk and gave Sora some new hair. They literally overhauled Riku and Sora still looks more or less the same.

well theres nothing really u can do with sora's hair....taking his iconic spikes off of him is like asking to change cloud's hair as well (although there was a little change from his younger self to advent children but very little). its just too much to ask for from such a character

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They should have just gave him his KH2 hair because I like the fullness and maturity of his spikes there. They could have left it a dark chestnut color rather than the lighter chestnut that represents Roxas in Sora...:/

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I would've been okay with the light brown hair from KH2 actually. That why I could remember that he exists since Nomu never likes putting him in games.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Well, they made them look cool again. +5 points

blueheart

Bronze Member
I'm just hoping Sora will get new new clothes for KH3, not so childish looking.
His hair was expected, this is his KH1 self.

I'm surprised people are saying Riku looks more mature. He actually looks more like a little kid this time, especially with the shorter hair... but that's probably because he looks like his BBS self.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Riku's style is more mature looking, not his physiology. If it wasn't for the popped collar, I'd give his look a 5/5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back