• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

kh3 hopes?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veevee

Awards
I want Isa to be saved and to be friends with Lea again. He deserves it. Yes, the depiction of Saix in the series is all but positive, but he had a goal he wanted to reach along with Axel who dropped him someday for a zombie. I know, Saix also has his share of blame, I won't deny that, but I prefer the friendship between Isa and Lea BBS shows far over the RAX friendship that is basically two teenager clones with their uncle (which was more kinship than friendship to me).

I want no more darkness-moping from Riku, I swear.

People TALKING to each other. Most of the bad stuff in the series happened because people didn't talk to each other, the whole plot of BBS is about people supposedly being close and mess up because they didn't chill and talk about their problems. I don't want to see that anymore.

Kairi being actually useful, in general, make people use their powers. Naminé's powers could also be quite useful.

This will not happen, but ... NO MORE MINI GAMES, PLS

No Ux characters aside from Ventus, please.

The worlds shouldn't be THAT empty anymore. And more original plots instead of rehashing movies with Sora being unnecessarily mashed into it.

If you include other Square Enix properties, do it better. I didn't play TWEWY before DDD and I understood NOTHING about the plot which was quite frustrating. For the Disney franchises I hadn't seen I could at least follow the plot, but TWEWY was just super messy and irritating.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
The most important thing KH3 can do is spend less time talking and more time moving, and showing. We don't need meticulous explanations for every little thing that can happen. We need it to adhere to basic storytelling conventions for it to be satisfying. We can fill in the gaps with reports, and with our own imagination-- Just make scenes that are both visually and contextually compelling. Have characters act in surprising ways. Give us something to remember, not scenes that we'll skip on subsequent playthroughs because characters spent too long prattling on about the darkness and how it works on a microscopic level.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
This will not happen, but ... NO MORE MINI GAMES, PLS.

For starters, why put a request that you know is not going to be fulfilled. That's like me saying "I don't want Hercules for Kingdom Hearts III". I fail to understand the reasoning behind this, is this complaining for complaining's sake?

No Ux characters aside from Ventus, please.

Lauriam (Marluxia's somebody) is a Union X character and he's been directly hinted at by Nomura to be involved in the Kingdom of Corona. Alongside this, Ephemer and Skuld have been depicted in the Third Anniversary Kingdom Hearts X artwork. All of the Kingdom Hearts X Anniversary Artworks show significant key characters of the numbered titles.

Launchpad

Awards
I fail to understand the reasoning behind this.

Failure is a tough thing to cope with.

I believe the post was a cheeky aside about the low level of quality KH's minigames have displayed thus far in the franchise-- Perhaps the post may have been actually implying that they'd either like to see less mini games, or higher quality ones.

I'm more than willing to help in the future if you need it.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I want Isa to be saved and to be friends with Lea again. He deserves it. Yes, the depiction of Saix in the series is all but positive, but he had a goal he wanted to reach along with Axel who dropped him someday for a zombie. I know, Saix also has his share of blame, I won't deny that, but I prefer the friendship between Isa and Lea BBS shows far over the RAX friendship that is basically two teenager clones with their uncle (which was more kinship than friendship to me).

Agreed.
And if Isa does not get some form of redemption, I want to finally understand when and how he changed for Axel to just ditch him for someone who could barely talk. It was never explained, it was just stated so the fandom would think "oh ok, Saix = bad", and it annoys me still.

People TALKING to each other. Most of the bad stuff in the series happened because people didn't talk to each other, the whole plot of BBS is about people supposedly being close and mess up because they didn't chill and talk about their problems. I don't want to see that anymore.

That, and people actually being together. Final Fantasy XIII included a system where the characters accompanying you would talk to you from time to time. It builds up relationships without wasting tons of hours in cutscenes. Just have them interact at all, and don't throw this BBS-shit à la "we'll let TAV meet for 3 minutes to show how much friends they are only to let them fight cause they are unable to communicate" shit at me again ever, Square. I beg you.

Veevee

Awards
Failure is a tough thing to cope with.

I believe the post was a cheeky aside about the low level of quality KH's minigames have displayed thus far in the franchise-- Perhaps the post may have been actually implying that they'd either like to see less mini games, or higher quality ones.

I'm more than willing to help in the future if you need it.

You just made my day. Thank you. xD yeah, got it right, either better minigames or none at all and if they have to be in the title, don't make them part of the story, the three nephews with their soul- and mindless ice cream still stare into my soul while that abomination of a song plays along my screams.

And I'd love to see Marluxia in KH3, just not Lauriam, because Lauriam is Lauriam, lol. And Larxene please <3 if possible, not as a Seeker of Darkness, but as a ... whatever she chooses to pick on this time, I'm fine with it. xD

DraceEmpressa

Awards
This is THE end of Xehanort, so I hope they flesh him out properly in this game. Through journals, flashbacks, whatever.

Boss battles with the LWs of the armors of the foretellers, and somehow SRK and TAV inherits their keyblades

more feels, I want more feels with the "fated battles". Lea and Isa, Xemnas and Aqua (sorry Roxas fans, I think Aqua is more deserving of Xemnas' ass because Xemnas was Terra(nort)'s Nobody. ) the revelation of the tragedy of keyblade war to the modern characters, etc. and more heartwarming stuff to patch the feels caused ayyy

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Agreed.
And if Isa does not get some form of redemption, I want to finally understand when and how he changed for Axel to just ditch him for someone who could barely talk. It was never explained, it was just stated so the fandom would think "oh ok, Saix = bad", and it annoys me still.

Well, Days itself gives a sort of answer in that direction, particularly on Day 72 (which is even named "change") and later Day 117 with Axel more and more realizing how callous, inconsiderate and outright dismissive Saix treats him in addition to Roxas and Xion, on 117 even demanding for him to spy on them.
Axel works his ass off to further their plans (even committing murder for it, which some people rightly think he hasn't yet got comeuppance for, no matter if Vexen and Zexion were villains and so-called "asshole victims") and Saix shows not a single sign of appreciating that, providing another reason as to why Axel would start to see this no longer as a "friendship".

That's all way past the period where Roxas can "barely talk" and one also has to keep in mind that it all happens after the Castle Oblivion episode where Axel came in contact with Sora, an event which Axel himself suspects might have changed something inside him.

Besides that though, any good psychologist will probably assess that people are allowed and completely in their right to cut out/ditch people from their lives who are toxic to their own well-being (both physically and mentally), which Saix undoubtedly was.

Veevee

Awards
Well, Days itself gives a sort of answer in that direction, particularly on Day 72 (which is even named "change") and later Day 117 with Axel more and more realizing how callous, inconsiderate and outright dismissive Saix treats him in addition to Roxas and Xion, on 117 even demanding for him to spy on them.
Axel works his ass off to further their plans (even committing murder for it, which some people rightly think he hasn't yet got comeuppance for, no matter if Vexen and Zexion were villains and so-called "asshole victims") and Saix shows not a single sign of appreciating that, providing another reason as to why Axel would start to see this no longer as a "friendship".

That's all way past the period where Roxas can "barely talk" and one also has to keep in mind that it all happens after the Castle Oblivion episode where Axel came in contact with Sora, an event which Axel himself suspects might have changed something inside him.

Besides that though, any good psychologist will probably assess that people are allowed and completely in their right to cut out/ditch people from their lives who are toxic to their own well-being (both physically and mentally), which Saix undoubtedly was.

That is a good explanation and very true, but I just wish they would've talked about their issues (if I remember correctly, Saix also pointed out that Axel had changed) with each other and if they were to discover that they can't get over them, then they should've gone separate ways. That's what friends do, especially good friends as the ones we've seen in BBS. We surely don't know what might have or not have happened offscreen but seeing the depiction of Axel in Days as a guy who basically tries to do the right thing but fails to do so because he knows a lot, but gives people no / unsufficient explanations when they are needed I doubt they talked it out.
And I'm still not sure what Lea was the most surprised about in the moment of the clash in DDD: That Isa was in that room at that time, that it was Isa (he seemed to be quite sure about him being Isa and not Saix) or if he might have realized that Saix / Isa might have been possessed by Xehanort all the time which takes off a part of the blame of Saix (not all, undoubtly). Even though I still wonder how Isa could be Isa and not Saix because if he was the reborn Isa from the current DDD timeline, he shouldn't have vanished. The ending where Riku looks at YX and Lea at Isa might imply some kind of foreshadowing that these parties will clash once again which I really hope for.

Other hopes for KH3:
Interactions between Kairi / Naminé / Xion / Aqua and Sora / Roxas / Ventus / Vanitas. I want Riku to have some strange kind of friendship with Roxas, I want Terra to talk to Riku and I want a non-garbage explanation as to why no one of TAV aged (Aqua excluded).
I want to play the saving Aqua part and not just see it. I want Kairi to get some kickass light magic and see chunks of her training with Lea (as bonus scenes or whatever fits the flow). I want to see a Kairi-Xion-Axel team. xD

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

I might have worded it a bit badly.
What I meant is that I do not want the explanations Days gave off, because the relationship between Saix and Axel was already harmed before its story (at least that's what it feels like) and I want to know why. I want to know what caused Isa / Saix to change so much. It's obvious that he's not a good guy in Days or someone Axel should trust, but that's exactly my problem. I want a better explanation than "well he's a bad boi now". We get no reason for him to change from "slightly sassy bf-Isa" to "second-in-command-entirely-void-of-a-care-Saix". It feels like a major plot device just so he can stand in the way of RAX.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
The most important thing KH3 can do is spend less time talking and more time moving, and showing. We don't need meticulous explanations for every little thing that can happen. We need it to adhere to basic storytelling conventions for it to be satisfying. We can fill in the gaps with reports, and with our own imagination-- Just make scenes that are both visually and contextually compelling. Have characters act in surprising ways. Give us something to remember, not scenes that we'll skip on subsequent playthroughs because characters spent too long prattling on about the darkness and how it works on a microscopic level.
i agree but lets be real, this goes for every RPG and game. unless its a visual novel or movie, i don’t want to just see what’s happening and especially not have someone tell me- i want to feel it and drive it first hand. every film is compromised entirely of scenes because they’re made to be watched. every song entirely of sounds because they’re made to be heard. why are so many games severely lacking in gameplay? its why telltale is such a double edged studio for me; i love good characters and writing, but i’m basically watching a tv show that i help plot out.

i got off track, but my reason for this post was: i looked forward to getting xenoblade chronicles 2 for a long time. when i actually got my hands on it, it was all expositionary dialogue in cutscenes that interrupted the flow of the game. tutorials for game mechanics i already figured out that interrupted the flow of the game, and scenes that totally disregarded what i did before (beating a boss for example,) that said “aha! you lost! and took away items, party members or features, which left me totally blindsided and interrupted the flow of the game.

this was a $60 game i spent my hard-earned cash on that i dropped because it felt like homework or a chore to play through. if i wanted homework in a game, i’d pick witcher 3 back up, because that game forces you to use your head and is meant to stop and prepare and its actually fun! just don’t be a XC2, Kingdom Hearts III. we believe in you.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Aight, I think this is somewhat related to this thread and I don't want to clog the forums creating a new one.
Anyone has heard and/or knows something about this 4chan rumor that's been going on in this last hour? About that at the D23 we'll see the release date and playable Eraqus and all that shebang?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Aight, I think this is somewhat related to this thread and I don't want to clog the forums creating a new one.
Anyone has heard and/or knows something about this 4chan rumor that's been going on in this last hour? About that at the D23 we'll see the release date and playable Eraqus and all that shebang?
It is false. Not worth wasting anyones time with it.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
you mean this huh http://i.4cdn.org/v/1516093805435.jpg?__cf_waf_tk__=092606002zsJH5aqeI3ROA9MBT9l6ha-p0gc

i mean the monster inc is already astablish as a real world from leaks plus maybe that phi person is doing a shibuya world remix song for the world

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
It is false. Not worth wasting anyones time with it.

O7 Roger that. I just thought of asking for good measure.

[COLOR=#B6B6B6]i mean the monster inc is already astablish as a real world from leaks plus maybe that phi person is doing a shibuya world remix song for the world[/COLOR]

I mean yeah, there are some things that look plausible, but it's all stuff you could guess without having additional knowledge.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I mean yeah, there are some things that look plausible, but it's all stuff you could guess without having additional knowledge.
That's exactly why it really isn't that important to focus on right now. It plays way too safe and relies heavily on things we already know. D23 isn't too far away, lets just wait and see what surprises they have for us :)

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
O7 Roger that. I just thought of asking for good measure.

yeah true we have to wait to see i guess feb 10 is not far off right now

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I really hope there is a lot more surprises, would be so disappointing if this ends up being the actual full Disney roster because KH3 is really lacking in variety atm.

There's just too much normal, modern looking locations and not enough unique looking ones.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I really hope there is a lot more surprises, would be so disappointing if this ends up being the actual full Disney roster because KH3 is really lacking in variety atm.

There's just too much normal, modern looking locations and not enough unique looking ones.
this is a rumor right now but the way the worlds are gearing toward modern disney now it seems likely also plus it seems that disney is handing the way square reveal the worlds

Last edited:

Launchpad

Awards
Shibuya on a world list prompts an eye roll from this guy. I may be wrong, but I have a very strong feeling that they'd never do it. It'd be boneheaded to waste valuable resources on a world from a very niche RPG when that money could go toward yet another beloved Disney property to help pull in new players. They played the TWEWY card in KH3D, there's no need to diminish it by doing it again. Again, I could certainly be wrong.

but i hope i'm not because i hated every scene with those characters in KH3D, ​hated them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back