• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Side series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSora1995

Hey guys. I dunno if this has been posted or asked before but i am going to ask now.
How would you guys feel about Kingdom Hearts having its own little side series. Like kinda how metal gear solid did with Big Boss (to those who know what i am talking about)
It could be in the future or even the past with the keyblade wars!
Personally I think Its a good idea. Becaus Sora eventually has to put his Keyblade down, and I don't wanna live without any new plots or storys. Maybe they could have both games out at the same time and at the end of Sora's games start the opening to the new seires weather it is past or future.
So what do you think??

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Win for the mentioning metal gear solid.

But honestly... I don't think they can pull it off. The MGS side series had a captivating story that fit together and made it relevant to the main games. I mean it was just soo.... deep. And it was a very emotional series. KH unfortunately is already getting sort of stale. Besides BBS KH doesn't have the same charm as KH1 did. Nomura is definitely no Kojima.

And who would it be about? Maybe Xehanort, or Eraqus but idk.

But no I don't think they can do it.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
MGS sucks. whooooa.

Anyway, seeing as how KH -is- Sora's story, I don't see it ever happening. Nor would I want it to. It gets annoying enough listening to people scream filler over things like Coded and KH3D. I don't want to frequently hear it over ever game in the side-series that isn't KH(4/5/6)

Silverslide

NOPE. KH IS GOD IN VIDEO GAME FORM! LALALALALALALA
1081oh-you.jpg

Nice MGS avatar.

Why, thank you!

B

Bodaciously G

Just because you're in a Kingdom Hearts forum doesn't mean that you think the game is the prettiest hunk of junk since sliced bread, there are obviously many things that could be improved on. It's a decent game but it's not one of the greatest but it's just my opinion.

As for a side series, maybe if it slowly introduces the new antagonist once Xehanort is out of the picture.

Silverslide

if you're implying that kingdom hearts sucks remember what kind of forums this is
nuff' said

Well good sir

This IS a fan forum and I am a fan of the series. But the games haven't really been consistently good. So yeah it does suck. You can take that however you want to. Opinion or me trolling but that is how I feel about it.

OH and there are plenty of other reasons for me stay on this forum. There are good people here....mostly. :/

KingSora1995

MGS sucks. whooooa.

Anyway, seeing as how KH -is- Sora's story, I don't see it ever happening. Nor would I want it to. It gets annoying enough listening to people scream filler over things like Coded and KH3D. I don't want to frequently hear it over ever game in the side-series that isn't KH(4/5/6)

But lets say a new name for the title, with new character. Just In the KH Universe

Silverslide

I would like it better if it was a character we already knew well. Like in MGS so that we can become attached to the character more easily.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
if you're implying that kingdom hearts sucks remember what kind of forums this is
nuff' said

Most of the members here have outgrown KH, but stay for non-KH related sections and friends.

KingSora1995

I would like it better if it was a character we already knew well. Like in MGS so that we can become attached to the character more easily.

Ya thats true. I thought was good maybe a character connected to an original one. (I know what your saying "Another character connected to sora" but Not just one character but like a group or something. Like how Big boss is connected to every character pretty much in MGS. Maybe not Directly but Big Boss new some Characters Parents or something

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
But lets say a new name for the title, with new character. Just In the KH Universe
That'd probably be even worse. New title, new character, yet still taking up Nomura's time? The fans wanting the next major game (numbered titles) would rage. Forever.

Most of the members here have outgrown KH, but stay for non-KH related sections and friends.
Most of those members don't hang out in the FoKH though.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
the more KH the better but it have to be good and if it drag the main series out to much then I rather just have it as it is

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
That'd probably be even worse. New title, new character, yet still taking up Nomura's time? The fans wanting the next major game (numbered titles) would rage. Forever.
You're absolutely right about the fans, but KH is going to get really stale really fast if Nomura cranks out main games at the pace all the fans want (I probably shouldn't say all the fans; it's just the outspoken ones who're screaming "KH3!1!1!1!1!"). Sora can only stay 16 for so long, and then the series is going to have to retire because things are getting ridiculous and Nomura refuses to dump Sora. Plus, there are only so many Disney worlds that would be interesting to explore in an action-RPG game. And we all know everyone expects several new worlds in every main title. And that's ignoring the fact that there's no way that the development team is going to be available to make three or more straight main titles; there are going to haveto be some side/bridge/spin-off games. Seriously, if this series lasts past six main titles, it'll be a laughing stock as far as plot goes. Might as well milk it from as many angles as possible while it lasts.

Just the other day I posted somewhere that I thought a side series for Wii would be fitting, because the un-orthodox controls would probably warrant a unique(ish) battle system. I think a series chronicling the Keyblade Wars (with a new main character) could be pretty darn cool. And while I don't know if a new series title would be good, I don't think the title Keyblade Wars would really put off too many fans. As soon as Keyblade Wars appeared in KH2's ending everybody started throwing it all over the place and saying KHIII would be the Keyblade Wars. I think people like the phrase. : )

And I know KH "is Sora's story" and all that, but really, who gives a crap about Sora? He's one of the worst Gary Stues I've ever seen, and since the KH series as a whole isn't very good at creating truly memorable characters, I think a fresh cast could do the series some good. Look at BbS; while it wasn't an entirely new cast, it was pretty close, and everyone considers it one of the best games as far as characters and plot are concerned. Going backwards in time gives Nomura more chances to throw out unique and creative ideas he simply couldn't do with existing characters and existing relationships. And while Sora wouldn't be the main character in a KW side series, I'm sure Nomura could find other ways to tie the Keyblade Wars to the main series(He could even make the hero look like Sora, because there never seem to be enough Soras[/sarcasm]).

All in all, if Nomura's going to milk the KH series (which he is; the next saga is proof), then he darn well better do a good job of it. Adding new characters and side plots could go a long way towards preserving the series and keeping long-time fans' interest. I for one am going to be sick of playing as Sora all the time by at least KH5.

KingSora1995

I see what ya mean Regnell 37.
I personaly think we haven't seen enough of Sora. Cuase of all the portable games. but thats a different topic.
The Keyblade wars would be a fantastic way of Making the series a bit more Darker for sure i would think. War doesnt scream kid friendly to me. They could have like different scenarios of the Dark and Light side. And fully tell us the the story. I mean Mr. N owes us that much for teaseing us with that KH2 Secret ending. Talking about the Keyblade wars as if it was the main topic of the game of BBS. I havent played BBS so i wouldnt know. But it doesnt seem like it focuses on The keyblade wars as much as we expected.
Maybe on a Keyblade wars game there wont be much disney either. Maybe little to none at all. Completely orginal worlds. Personally those worlds were my fav in KH. And Keyblade wars is a perfect way for him to expand his abilties.

EDIT: And also i am pretty sure Mr. N has been thinking about making a full KH game with orginal worlds. He can't use the same disney over and over, and ya theres pixar but that'll run out too.
A New Series based ina KH universe can be epic I would think. Weather it was based in the keyblade wars, or based like 15 years in the future where Sora is some kids master (Which would also make a good plot)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back