• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KH 1.5 ReMIX Trailer Released!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Guys what are fish faces? I know it has something to do with facial animation, care to share some examples?

It's when their faces are less detailed and usually flatter than usual. Look at the scene in Traverse Town on the third district where Sora, Donald and Goofy put their hands together and closely watch Sora's face compared to the one in Destiny Islands where he's sitting next to Kairi.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
It's when their faces are less detailed and usually flatter than usual. Look at the scene in Traverse Town on the third district where Sora, Donald and Goofy put their hands together and closely watch Sora's face compared to the one in Destiny Islands where he's sitting next to Kairi.

I see. Thanks!!

POSSIBLE RELEASE DATE FOR THE US

Speaking with Business Insider, Disney Interactive Studios have mentioned a "big title" that is supposedly coming to America "mid-year 2013". We don't know what this "big title" is, apart from that it's not Epic Mickey 2-- due to this, Business Insider have predicted that the title they are referring to is Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX-, and we agree. Disney Interactive don't have any other franchises as major as Epic Mickey and Kingdom Hearts, so it makes sense that this "big title" is the upcoming HD collection of Kingdom Hearts titles.
Disney Interactive also mentioned that they are looking forward to "continuing to grow in the social space", which could possibly be a hint at Kingdom Hearts for PC Browsers internationally-- but again, this is in no way a confirmation. Thanks tolizzie1238 from KH13 for the find.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, it is very unlikely since that "game" says something about a March 2013 release date....which is highly unlikely at this point.

P.S. Sign, GIVE ME YOUR .GIF!!!!!!

Feel free to use it if you'd like~ :3

johnboy3434

Awards
That's what I meant, prerendered must not have been the correct term.

Ah, I see. "Pre-rendered" means the system is just playing a video file, like the opening Utada music videos from KH and KH2. In other words it, was rendered previously and is just being played back now. "In-game" means that the individual models and elements are being manipulated as you watch them, so the engine is actually doing work in the game.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think we need to calm down about some of the flaws people are finding in the trailer. Remember this is a trailer, the final game may have the fish face and other little things fixed. Looked at how much Birth By Sleep changed from the first trailer to the final version of the game. We don't know when they started working on this, so for all we know they started like last month or something. Just wait and see what future trailers will look like when we get closer to the release date.
Expect these games have everything already created and shit.
But you're right, doesn't mean they won't keep fixing things up.

Xion's face looks weird. Specifically in that scene that Chaser has in his sig. I think it's the eyes. o.o
:(

Yeah, it is very unlikely since that "game" says something about a March 2013 release date....which is highly unlikely at this point.
While I wouldn't rule it out, a website made up the March release date. None of their sources stated anything about March, and it doesn't help that IGN is promoting this as another one of their amazing facts again.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
358/2 days scenes are most definitely gonna be pre-rendered. KH1FM no. RE:COM had pre-rendered scenes though? But you can rip the cutscene models

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Notice that I said nothing about skin color... Personally, I do prefer his skin tone in the original. He looks a little washed out here, but it's no big deal. Also, my bf (who is multiracial/dark) says hi.

I know you never said anythinhg. You misunderstand me. You just reminded me of something else I read online.

Also, sorry if I offended you.
Edit: To make "Fish Face" more clear, I looked at KH2 models and there's two models for each character. Most of them have a highly detailed cutscene model with a full face, and a simpler model used for some cutscene shots and is purposed for the gameplay portions of the game. Other obvious fish face moments in the game are Sora seeing tinkerbell in the lantern(that whole scene actually, along with most in the disney worlds), Alice when she asks why she's on trial, Kairi's grandmother, and Sora about to face Maleficent.

Edit again: and last I heard-though I could've misread that post-is that Days cutscenes are being programmed to render on the fly. Unlikely, since I already felt they'd be prerendered.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Vəntus;5917659 said:
HD!Hollow Bastion and HD!End of the World... that's all I have to say.

Oh my God. *keels over*

RIGHT? I am freaking out ;A: Oh man, being in those one-time visit areas in EotW will be amazing in HD ;A:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
WORLD TERMINUS IN HD :DDDDDDDDDDDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back