• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KH 1.5 ReMIX Trailer Released!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Calling it: Kingdom Hearts II ReMIX+ (KH2 w/ BBS).

(Although I bet half the forum already called it :v)

That being said...assuming the game makes its way here, it'll be yet another game to add to my "HD collection" collection.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, first off, I'm hoping we even get it outside of Japan in the first place. After that, I hope I've found my lazy butt a job by then, because it just occurred to me that I should probably get a PS3. Not having one might impede my enjoyment of the product.

Down with that. I'm hoping to have a job by the end of this year so I can support my expensive and luxurious gaming habits. xD

Yes, having a PS3 is very important for the full gaming experience of this game.

Hm, I'd like to see what the number of sales the PS3 will get the week of the game's release. *u*

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: KH 1.5 ReMix Trailer Released!

But doing that is like comparing apples and pears. Especially if those collections are from other companies. They won't have the same utilities and programmers Square has. Furthermore it also depends on what engine the game in question runs and on the source code.

It really comes over like "whining" of some sorts because it is really only one issue, and a minor one on top compared to all the other improvement this package gets. I really don't think that the playabilty of the game will get any worse because of some changes in image size and the cutscenes certainly won't look worse than on the PS2.
So enlighten me please why this should be so obvious. It's better than before in terms of quality so what is requesting even more other than being unpleasable then?

Of course, I give you that, but I really don't see what is so gravely wrong with the cropping/non-wide-screen super-duper end-graphics that makes it more than just the triviality it comes over at. The comparison pics show that it is significantly better than the original PS2-version, so what's the deal? I really don't get it.
Long things short: Is the ReMix a significant improvement over the original PS2-version yes or not considering all points involved? Does this technicality make the game suddenly unplayable or severely hampers the playability, like that Ansem suddenly has a football-head like the main character from "Hey Arnold"?
If the first answer is "yes" and the second "no" I really do not grasp where the friggin problem is.

My main concern is that it's not gonna look good and if they have also cropped the gameplay image it might feel too cramped as well. I've come across 4:3 being cropped to 16:9 countless times and it never looks good. It's either too cramped or head parts are missing etc etc.

For arguments's sake, I don't think it's an engine problem. As long as the game itself displays 16:9, the engine will do the same work it would do displaying another 16:9 image.

All points involved, of course it's an improvement as a whole. But the game has a (smaller for some/bigger for others) problem. I just hope the game itself is not hindered by this choice.

I'm done arguing. We can discuss more on the collection when we actually have it on our hands.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
How's about that Handsome Ansem? Those HUGE eyes that gouge out your soul. That fuller, more youthful hairline. Dat NOSE. That is one hot bridge on that nose, don't play. I mean, I would go steady with that / allow him to cast me into darkness.

*is wierd and likes big noses* :}

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
^interesting statement.

Nothing against you, but it brings up a point that most people are more attracted to lighter skin. At least that's how magazines put it when they whitewash black people.

I can say that ansem now meets a more european standard in beauty. he looks a bit softer lol

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
How's about that Handsome Ansem? Those HUGE eyes that gouge out your soul. That fuller, more youthful hairline. Dat NOSE. That is one hot bridge on that nose, don't play. I mean, I would go steady with that / allow him to cast me into darkness.

*is wierd and likes big noses* :}
Xemnas was/is hotter.
I mean come on, you can't say no to that man.

Anyways, I do like the updated models. S-E sure likes to do that to games these days *stares at FF VII*

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Holy shit I am so hard right now.

I wonder why they didn't show a little bit of Re:CoM gameplay... *shrugs*

Last edited:

hoikess

Going o kill nomura if it'sjapan only eu and us deserve the final mixes otherwise is emulate time>.>

.:Mega:.

Awards
I feel like they are still in the process of updating things. Note that Riku didn't use his CoM model in the KH1 cutscenes. The fish face may be fixed later. :|a

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
*checks Khinsider forums after weeks of not going online.*
"hmmm..."
*sees video KH 1.5 remix*
"What's this?"
*watches video*
*squeals*
*computer class looks at me weird for squealing out of nowhere.*
*After class.*
"ME WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :p

Please all gods in the world and Noumra PLEASE LET US GET IT ON THE PS3 PSN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE! I shall pray all the time for this!

Last edited:

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I think the chances of this not getting released in the US at least are pretty slim. Even if Europe gets ignored again (which I doubt since it's the perfect opportunity to repair past mistakes), we can always import the game. It's not like the PS3 is region locked :)

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Those HUGE eyes that gouge out your soul. That fuller, more youthful hairline. Dat NOSE.

^interesting statement.

Nothing against you, but it brings up a point that most people are more attracted to lighter skin. At least that's how magazines put it when they whitewash black people.

Notice that I said nothing about skin color... Personally, I do prefer his skin tone in the original. He looks a little washed out here, but it's no big deal. Also, my bf (who is multiracial/dark) says hi.

Xemnas was/is hotter.
I mean come on, you can't say no to that man.

Xemnas could look like a sack of potatoes a la Oogie Boogie and win me over with that sensuous voice. #paulstpeternojoust

Also, is Axel's model in the Days scene based off of Lea's from DDD? He looks different from the Re:CoM version.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I think we need to calm down about some of the flaws people are finding in the trailer. Remember this is a trailer, the final game may have the fish face and other little things fixed. Looked at how much Birth By Sleep changed from the first trailer to the final version of the game. We don't know when they started working on this, so for all we know they started like last month or something. Just wait and see what future trailers will look like when we get closer to the release date.

BagelBreath

Awards
AWESOME! I hope it gets released in NA, and other regions as well. Do we know if this will be PSN only?
I hope it's not, so there's the possibility of a collector's edition! :D
Xion's face looks weird. Specifically in that scene that Chaser has in his sig. I think it's the eyes. o.o

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Guys what are fish faces? I know it has something to do with facial animation, care to share some examples?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back