• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Jack in the Box Contest!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Haha I'll still enter and just hand it in before the seminar, it just would have been cool to go to the seminar and see what all they had to say before writing this. I'll just write a November horror story after the contest as well and we can compare.

Okay, if you're sure. :) I look forward to hearing more about the horror seminar and comparing it to here!

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Shoot, I forgot about it! D:

I'll try to write something small enough for Halloween since I'm not sure if I'll be able to write a long one like I did for Sleepy Hollow: The Midnight Moon, which I won by a tie with Rena. :D

Cinder, can it be anything short like a poem or whatnot? I mean, what are you looking at to this thing I'm working on tomorrow morning??

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Cinder, can it be anything short like a poem or whatnot? I mean, what are you looking at to this thing I'm working on tomorrow morning??

I'm a hundred percent good with it being short like a poem or anything you have in mind; long as you write it then you're good. :) This year the contest is based on voting by everybody. So I don't have control over who wins and stuff. lol.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I'm gonna send my entry in this week, probably Saturday or Sunday.

Roxie1563

Awards
I'm a hundred percent good with it being short like a poem or anything you have in mind; long as you write it then you're good. :) This year the contest is based on voting by everybody. So I don't have control over who wins and stuff. lol.

Got it! Thanks for telling me, so it is looking like I can work something out for this one. :D

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Man, these past few weeks have been packed for me, but I'll finally get a break this weekend and can put my story together. College and my newspaper job have certainly pulled me away from my standard writing time, so I think this contest is the perfect way for me to get back into the swing of things.

In saying that, I think I'll end up writing it like I do most of my better, longer pieces. I'm not quite sure where I want to take the story anymore, but I guess I'll figure it out this weekend :tongue:. I'm really excited for this now.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Tomorrow's Holloween! Except I just happened to get sick so I might not be able to write a cute Holloween story. :(

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm letting everyone here know there'll be a 24 hour limit on Halloween to enter at the last minute! Otherwise, thank you to everyone who's entered the contest and submitted their entries! I can't wait to see how the voting turns out! Best of wishes to everybody!

@Grizzly: I understand if you get busy and can't enter. It's the thought that counts! So if you do or don't at the last minute, then that's okay. :) I'm happy everyone has been excited enough to want to enter it when they had the chance to!

Tomorrow's Holloween! Except I just happened to get sick so I might not be able to write a cute Holloween story. :(

I'm sorry you got sick, Howler. :c And you were able to submit one entry to me! So you still have a chance to win a Halloween award! <3

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Oh sweet Jesus I need to get this done.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Trying my best to pump mine out by tomorrow, but I might be cutting it close with school and work. Oh dear.

Hoid

Awards
Definitely won't be able to finish. I've been way to busy this past month, I haven't been able to get any writing done. Maybe I'll come back and finish it one day, but probably not anytime soon.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Definitely won't be able to finish. I've been way to busy this past month, I haven't been able to get any writing done. Maybe I'll come back and finish it one day, but probably not anytime soon.

I understand. :3 It's been a busy month for myself too. Writing can always wait.

Hope I am not late, here is my entree for the macabre category!

Nope, you're not late! You're right on time! :) And your macabre entry really hooked me in with suspense. It was quite entertaining! Thank you for entering the contest, Kounelli!

Trying my best to pump mine out by tomorrow, but I might be cutting it close with school and work. Oh dear.

Oh my! I don't want you to get in trouble if you have work and school to take care of! :eek: Those are really important! So please don't feel pressured if you can't!

Oh sweet Jesus I need to get this done.

Snuck up on you, huh? xD Time sure does fly. I got to do the same before midnight, since I'll need to get the voting under way.

Roxie1563

Awards
Yikes!! D: I better do it now while it's fresh in my mind.

*runs off to write it up!*

Oh, right... Where do I post it up, Cinder?? O-o

Roxie1563

Awards
Well the rules say you need to submit it by PM, but I think you could just post it to the creative writing section Roxie. You might want to double check that fact with Cinder, but PM is what's stated in the rules.

Yeah, I checked on the front page after posting this. At least it was nice of you to check in! :D This story will be more of a fun/fluff for this year's Halloween than it was for some couple of years ago with Sleepy Hollow.

I do hope it's okay with you, Skitty if Siam will partake with this story?

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Yikes!! D: I better do it now while it's fresh in my mind.

*runs off to write it up!*

Oh, right... Where do I post it up, Cinder?? O-o

Well, you've got a tiny bit of time left to enter it! I have all the faith in you with your fun/fluffy story!

And pretty much what Skitty Cat said about submitting it via PM! However, I did let some writers submit their stories publicly. So it's up to you overall. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back