• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Inconsequential Nice Things

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Seeing as we have a thread for inconsequential complaints, we should have a thread that counterbalances the negativity. Here, post stories about the seemingly meaningless acts of benevolence without any ulterior motive, either you've done for others or others have done for you, that nonetheless made you smile.

I'll start.

A couple of weeks ago, after my final paper, I saw an elderly man trying to carry his paraplegic wife into a car. I helped him.

A few days before that, while walking to one of our papers, my friend offered to help a waiter carry a trolley of glasses up a flight of stairs.

O

Oberon

Occasionally at the grocery store I'll help someone who seems to be carrying a lot of bags (but forgot to get a cart/didn't want one). It's happened a few times.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
I hold the door open for people, no matter how much of a hurry I'm in. I just find it nice, like I would want someone to hold it for me, so I'll hold it for them.

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
Was in line for a buffet when I saw a little girl trying to get what was left of some pizza. Since she couldn't reach, I helped get it for her. She gave me a big smile and walked off.

Was waiting in front of the band hall at my school, when I saw some man looking kinda lost. Asked him if he needed any help, and he said he was from a different city and looking for the gym to watch his daughter's volleyball game, so I showed him the way there. I thought it was kinda neat that while we were talking on the way there, he told me he also use to be a band student, and mentioned all the different orchestras he's played in.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
When I would go to the store, there would always be a homeless man asking for change, so I always try to give at least one a five dollar bill when I can. I don't know, it feels like the right thing to do.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I hold the door open for people, no matter how much of a hurry I'm in. I just find it nice, like I would want someone to hold it for me, so I'll hold it for them.

I always hold the door open for people. Just seems like a nice thing to do. I love giving people a smile if only slight for no reason. It is always great when I get a smile back.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Telling bullied kids it's going to get better and actually believing it.

Maybe not now, or sooner, but we'll get there.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Waking up to find that my sister organized, color-coded and then page-numbered all my loose piano sheets (and there are a lot of them), just so they don't jumble out of order.

ily sis

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I hold the door open for everyone. But, about a year ago, I held the door for this elderly woman at McDonalds. She looked at me revolted and didn't say "Thank you" or anything. Pissed me the hell off. I still hold open the door for everyone though to be nice.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
its just a door,let it go man....let it go
besides there are some grumpy old people who don't like to think that they're weak and in need of assistance

blueheart

Bronze Member
I hold the door open for everyone. But, about a year ago, I held the door for this elderly woman at McDonalds. She looked at me revolted and didn't say "Thank you" or anything. Pissed me the hell off. I still hold open the door for everyone though to be nice.

She thought what you did was patronizing to her.

Mynny

Doing pudding pudding exercises during the day, ro
There was a guy that was new to the city and he was kinda lost, so I helped him find his way. And one time I got out of this long lunch line so that I could get a bag of chips, and I was going to go to the back, but the guy who had been behind me told me I could get back in my spot.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Was crossing the street to go to the library and helped a guy out who was looking for it.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
So many random things at my job:

Like when a boy, he couldn't've been 2 years younger than me called me 'sir'. No one has ever called me that before. At first I just felt old, but then, thinking back, it was just really nice.

Also, once these four teenagers came in to eat, and they left a messy table, and I bus the tables, but one of the boys stayed behind while the other went outside and helped stack the dishes and stuff. It was so sweet.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Last semester at my old college this girl got her heel stuck in a drain slot and nobody was stopping to help her. There were a lot of people around, too. So I ran over, slid under the railing and pulled her shoe out. After that she rushed away without even saying thank you.

Weeks later I was sitting in the hallway waiting for my class to start when this girl walks up to me and says "Thank you!" And I'm like "Wut?" "You're the girl that helped me when my heel got stuck!" And I had completely forgotten. So she told me she was embarrassed and just wanted to get away and that when she saw me she had to tell me thanks. It definitely made my day~

I always hold the door for people. Even if they don't hold the door for me. I've met some rude people at my old college so I've made it a thing to hold the door for people even if they are pretty far away. It just seems like common courtesy.

I was having a bad day on deviantArt and I've had bad luck with my past Valentine's Days...I broke my arm waiting for my crush in the 5th grade, I spilled nacho cheese on my clothes in 7th grade, losing an entire research paper 9th grade, blah blah blah. So this year I thought I would have another awful Valentine's Day (considering this was before I started dating Ophan) and I posted my angry post on dA. The next day I check my email and this random guy gave me three months of a Premium account! It made me so happy~ He was the nicest guy in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back