• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► I'm Apparely challenged

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm pretty sure I spelled the title incorrectly. either that or it is not a word.

I have no idea whether or not I'll actually get any help seeing as there aren't as many people above the age of 18 here. but I'm hopeful. anyways...

I'm trying to change how I dress. I've gotten really, really bored with my stereotypical jeans and a t shirt look. I just want to look nicer/more hansome. So I'm looking for help in what kinds of clothing that I should wear. I was told your colors can affect that so if you dont' already know how I look here's some info on me

Age 22
I'm 5'11"
light brown hair
blue eyes
175 pounds
sort of peach colored skin

I figure I'll be getting some money soon and I want to know pretty much what all I should wear to the color and style of shoe to even a hat, pants, shirt, what not. etc.
Since pretty much the way I dress is, Reach in closet, grab, put on whatever is in my hand at the time.

so really any help in what I shoudl wear or at least pointing me in the right direction is would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
Well i dont know about you but I like to wear collared shirts, especially Polo. I wear Polo shirts, with Polo shoes/boots, and regular blue jeans most of the time. I tend to wear colors that girls have said i look good in, such as yellow because girls say it makes my brown eyes stand out or blue cause girls say it goes well with my brown skin.

Maybe its cause im african american but I like to color cordinate me shoes to my shirts too. Like Black polo with red undershirt and red and black shoes with either red/black shoe laces. That's just the style i like.

Maybe you'll like that style of dressing.

Just find clothes you like to wear that's not a plain t shirt. We're the same height and i weight 170. So i figure we'll look close to the same (although i dont know what you look like) if you wore the clothes i wear.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Alright, I'm extremely tired (midnight), but I have one idea in mind at the moment, and it's shoes. Here in England, worker boots that go over slick jeans are pretty sexy right now. Link is here. Now, of course you won't buy those ones since a) it's a British company with British currency and b) they are expensive, but I, personally, find them extremely sexy, especially if you pull them off with a kind of sexy lazy-day look.

Men’s Worker Boots Look Book at FashionBeans.com

Same boots but what they look good with. I'd assume you can find them pretty cheap in America since they are essentially a worker's boot. They look ugly by themselves, I suppose, but they're definitely really fashionable and quirky right now, especially if you pull them off right. The tattier, the better. But not to the point where they're falling off your feet. But I'll be back in the morning with some more ideas.

Blobbit

Awards
I like Vans shoes, especially ones with the checkerboard patterns if you like that kind of style.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
No Vans, seriously.

Yeah, I think it's nice when guys dress more formal. I feel that you should invest in a pair of chinos in a dark colour -navy blue or black- as opposed to jeans.
(For example)

I liked what you were wearing in your latest picture in the PYP thread...I think 'turtlenecks' (as you Amercians call them) suit you rather well. Those would probably go well with those worker boots as Sol suggested. Anything related to the military style would look good on you - like this coat

You have quite a masculine look, so I would steer clear of cardigans and skinny jeans...but I honestly think you may be able to pull off the low v neck if you ever desired - maybe with a leather jacket (which you should also purchase).

Just my opinion xD

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
The classic formal/casual look = button up shirt (tucked in loosly) with jacket and tie, blue jeans, gucci shoes.

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
OMG DUDE u wil be like the coooolest guy in da world if you getz all ur clotheses from American Eagle n Hollister. thoz is likes the bestest places to getz clotheses dawg.

(but for real, if you wanna look like a jerk, get your clothes from there. when the only place people shop is those two stores, or a similar store where their brand name/logo is on every shirt/pair of pants/bag you own, its ridiculous. go to your mall and see if there's a local chain that has unique clothing, but a style that can fit you. there's this chain around where i live called Up Against the Wall. i would never look right wearing the stuff in there, but a lot of people could pull it off.

EDIT: just find clothing that you like and make a style of your own is what i mean. the only way you would be able to accomplish that though imo is if you have lots of resources and would be able to buy lots of stuff hence why i've never done it. i do lots of window shopping :/.

whenever i go to the dentist or the barber shop, i always pick up DETAILS. it's a really good men's style magazine that appeals to the business man and the casual man although the stuff they show in there is WAY out of my price range. you might want to pick up a copy or two if you want professional tips.)

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
Wear a suit. Suits are always nice. Polos look good too, I guess. Try wearing something that you can dress down, or up, depending on the activity/event. For example, you could wear a colored t-shirt with a vest and jeans. You gotta accessorize. Not like a girl with bracelets and stuff but like a nice jacket or vest, one that can be worn casually or formally.

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
meant to mention this...the one thing they always show in DETAILS that caught me eye was wearing a jacket (nice, but nor formal...just above casual) with a tie. one of those narrow ones. it makes a statement, but not a bold one so you don't look obnoxious. it just makes people notice you.

divinerosekeeper

divinerosekeeper
jh3amc.jpg

Maybe something like this? It's not too dressy and not too casual either.
It's easy, and show you care about your appearance .

xgnarmanx

Yeah if you enjoy looking like a skaterfag

Well thanks alot asshole.

Anyway I see more and more people wearing american eagle and aero postal you might wanna check If thats your kinda style it gives people that more grown up look I suppose.

These shoes are pretty nice looking imo

shit019.jpg

Last edited:

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
thanks I'm currently exploring those options with my current wardrobe.

looks like I'll need a few jackets and vests.

and something else besides tennis shoes

Rix

:)
Awards
I have to agree that you should try out a more formal style. And also a mature style. Some V-necks could have been nice on you. I don't really think you should wear sneaker like shoes though... Might depend on what you combine them with, colors etc. but I kinda feel that shoes like that tend to be a little bit too boy-ish.

This might sound a little bit cliche, but the most important thing is that you wear something you feel comfortable wearing. No matter how nice the clothes is, it doesn't look good if you have the wrong attidude while wearing them. Right? Just try out different things suggested in this thread in the dressing room and you'll hopefully find your style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back