• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Illuminated walls in KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

danifedz

In the new gameplays the walls with interaction appear intermittently illuminated and I feel that it can be annoying when it comes to having a total immersion.
Does anyone know if they can deactivate or have said something about it?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I don't think the demo would allow you to do something like that either way, but if people ask enough maybe they will let us turn it off or change the indication in general. It used to be some sparkles at the base of he wall I believe...that was much less distracting lol. This one really ruins all the work they put into the environments tbh. It would be a mistake to just keep it exactly like this imo.

Leaferian

Awards
Based on the Gamespot videos, at least, you could see that the shimmering fades in and out depending on your distance from the walls/scalable surfaces. The distance isn't exactly a small one, but from what I saw you could be close to one side of Andy's room and not see the shimmer on the other side. I also noticed that except for fights where scaling was necessity, like Titan, the shimmering vanished when combat began.

It probably won't bother me, but I'm personally all for options. The ability to dim it, change the indicator or even turn it off would be welcome if only for the freedom. I think if this gets mentioned a lot the KH3 team will probably look into it.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
It used to be some sparkles at the base of he wall I believe...that was much less distracting lol.
I'm not really sure why all these indicators were deemed necessary in the first place, the sparkles along the Rock Titan's arm and in certain spots in Galaxy Toys are definitely more tolerable than the blinking surface effect but they still seem to be pointing out the obvious to me. If the Titan falls over of course I'm going to try and run up to smack it in the face; if I see a set of poles which are placed conspicuously equidistant from one another in a straight line, yeah I'm gonna try hopping them haha. Parkour isn't a new thing in games, I don't know why Square seems to think we can't figure this stuff out for ourselves, especially when it's plainly laid out to us.

In the first place, if the level is competently designed, we shouldn't need these effects to navigate around. By all means, include the guide posts for gamers who want or need them, but it should all be configurable. The main gameplay draw for me in KH3 is world exploration and all of these aesthetic choices for drawing attention to certain features over others feel intrusive to me.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I'm not really sure why all these indicators were deemed necessary in the first place, the sparkles along the Rock Titan's arm and in certain spots in Galaxy Toys are definitely more tolerable than the blinking surface effect but they still seem to be pointing out the obvious to me. If the Titan falls over of course I'm going to try and run up to smack it in the face; if I see a set of poles which are placed conspicuously equidistant from one another in a straight line, yeah I'm gonna try hopping them haha. Parkour isn't a new thing in games, I don't know why Square seems to think we can't figure this stuff out for ourselves, especially when it's plainly laid out to us.

In the first place, if the level is competently designed, we shouldn't need these effects to navigate around. By all means, include the guide posts for gamers who want or need them, but it should all be configurable. The main gameplay draw for me in KH3 is world exploration and all of these aesthetic choices for drawing attention to certain features over others feel intrusive to me.

Oh yeah, I agree completely lol. There are probably people who would benefit from those indicators but especially since I know this is a mechanic in the game I don't think I will have much trouble figuring out times where I need to run up walls and jump on tiny posts and such.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I won't be able to fully enjoy exploring if i got glowing signs telling where i can and can't go. Really hope there's an option to remove it all together. Makes the levels feel more like an artificial game level instead of feeling like an actual world.

Meow Wow

Awards
Glad I'm not the only one that found the walls distracting. I would much prefer sparkles at the bottom of the wall or very faint glowing(like the polls in kh3d to indicate flowmotion). I think the glowing as it currently is in the demo is a little too bright and is very distracting.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm not a big fan of the shimmer either. It stands out more than the sparkles, that's for sure, but honestly knowing that the wall-run ability is in I'd just run at any wall I can see if I wanted to go up. Don't need walls glowing at me the entire time I'm playing the game when I can use trial and error 8D

Reiji

Yeah... they need to go if I'm being quite honest. It's really distracting and takes you out of it. In Olympus I get it since you're supposed to learn the mechanic there, but don't show it in every freaking wall afterwards!

I rather they let me be the one who discovers where I can and cannot wallrun. I can already see myself getting annoyed by wanting to take a closer look at some random wall or object to admire a cool little easter egg or whatever to only be block by one of those "in your face" waves.

I'd be fine with the little sparkles, but if they could just give us the option of turning those waves off, that be great.

ImVentus

Awards
Was there anyone at the event that gave feedback on this for SE?
Cause me myself found it very distracting.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Considering the general consensus about this would it be too optimistic to believe that this "gimmick" is only present on beginner mode?

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Considering the general consensus about this would it be too optimistic to believe that this "gimmick" is only present on beginner mode?

Probably. I mean who knows, maybe it's an equippable ability you can turn off and on, and the wall run ability will only be on in mandatory story situations, like the Rock Titan.

Though I do feel like the illuminated wall effect can get distracting. Maybe if people comment on it enough, it'll reach the developers and they can do something about that.

Qiesamuel

The question is, is this wall climbing being one of Sora's permanent abilities? Because if yes, then it's kind of defeating the purpose of world's exploration. I'll just be climbing all the walls I see to unlock many secret areas or hidden treasures like I did with Flowmotion in DDD.

Leaferian

Awards
Probably. I mean who knows, maybe it's an equippable ability you can turn off and on, and the wall run ability will only be on in mandatory story situations, like the Rock Titan.

Though I do feel like the illuminated wall effect can get distracting. Maybe if people comment on it enough, it'll reach the developers and they can do something about that.
Unlikely. The world design appears to take wall-running into account, which Dream Drop Distance failed to do. Watching videos of attendees explore Galaxy Toys shows there are quite a good deal of treasure chests and other secrets you cannot simply wall-run up to. There are ledges in the way that Sora will not be able to hop, and there are even treasure chests on suspended platforms that must be reached by interacting with objects. Several of the youtubers confirmed that you can no longer Flowmotion frog jump up walls by continually bouncing off of them; After a single bounce/wall jump, any further attempts to bounce off the wall will see Sora attach to it and pose, but then he will continue his descent. There was even a section of Olympus where Sora wallruns up to a lone stone platform, from where you can see another ledge whose face is NOT wall-run capable and has a treasure chest.

Basically, levels and their exploration seem to be designed with your new movement abilities in mind.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Donald screaming in my ear that something is runnable would be less distracting then this. I'm really hoping this is just some optional easy mode thing they had turned on for the sake of the demo. Otherwise wow, they have no confidence in their level design and the players.

I'm not a big fan of the shimmer either. It stands out more than the sparkles, that's for sure, but honestly knowing that the wall-run ability is in I'd just run at any wall I can see if I wanted to go up. Don't need walls glowing at me the entire time I'm playing the game when I can use trial and error 8D
Team Bash Our Heads on Everything

Meow Wow

Awards
At least if they don't get rid of the illumination on the walls, they could at least slow the impulses down to every 5-10 seconds. It seemed like they were on a loop in the demo. As soon as they hit the top of the wall, they seemed to happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back