• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I just bought a PS3, game suggestions?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Master

Panda Paintbrushes
Awards
So I just bought a ps3, does anyone have any game suggestions for me? I bought final fantasy XIII, XIII-2, and dragonball z burst limit but I'm really into trying anything. I'm into anything from fallout to forza to street fighter so bring on the suggestions!

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: I just bought a ps3, game suggestions?

The Last of Us is getting a lot of praise, so it might be worth looking into.
I'd say the Uncharted series is also worth your attention.

I have yet to finish the former, so I really couldn't give you a good recommendation personally, but the Uncharted series was great.

Also, if you're at all into Studio Ghibli, they have a game, Ni No Kuni. Again, I've yet to finish it, but it's an exclusive I've seen get a lot of praise.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Also, if you're looking for fun, light multiplayer play with your friends or family members, you can try Little Big Planet 2. I played it with my flatmates and we had a blast. I heard the Dragon's Dogma series is worth trying, too.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

Heavy Rain, Dead Space series, Infamous series, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Uncharted series, God of War series (you can get a five-game collection for like $40), and Little Big Planet.

Some of these are PS exclusives.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com

• The Last of Us
• Persona 4 Arena
• Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix (lol)
• Final Fantasy XIV (if you're into MMOs)

And then there's games that I don't have but I've heard a lot of praise about them:

• Ni No Kuni
• GTAV (lol)
• Tomb Raider

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Tomb Raider, The Last of Us, Sleeping Dogs, Uncharted 2/3, Kingdom Hearts, Skyrim, (if you like easy plats) Lego games, Saints Row IV, Rayman Origins/Legends (gorgeous artwork), Ratchet and Clank, Journey.

Those are my suggestions based on what I've played/enjoyed. If there's one game I should tell you to avoid, it's Epic Mickey 2. That game caused me so much unnecessary frustration because of it's one save/autosave feature.

Zven

If you're just starting with PS3 you can save some money and instead of buying new games that are coming out now you can buy awesome games from 1-4 years ago. I'm going to tell you some older games that are extremely awesome and cost very little money now.

Red Dead Redemption is the best PS3 game I've ever played. You can get the Game of the Year Edition with all DLC for like 20$.

If you like Batman you can get both GOTY (Game of the Year) Editions of Batman Arkham Asylum and Batman Arkham City. And even if you're not really familiar with him, still get those games. They're not just superheroes games, Arkham is a really unique thing.

Metal Gear Solid Legacy. It just came out a few months ago and it's a collection that includes the entire saga, like 8 games for 40$, including PS3 2008's Metal Gear Solid 4 and the HD remaster of Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3 and Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker. Best videogame series ever created imo.

I can give you a lot more but for starters I think that's pretty good.

Also you should consider becoming a Playstation Plus Member. For 50$ a year you get for free 3 PS3 and 2 PSVita games every month and cloud saves to backup your files. So for 50$ you could buy one game or buy a PS+ subscription and get 36 games (not counting Vita). And they're great games, this month is Metal Gear Rising and Remember Me.

Dark Master

Panda Paintbrushes
Awards

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, I really appreciate it! Seems like I have quite a few games I need to try out, good thing I got the 320 gb :D I'm looking forward to playing the metal gear series especially, I fell in love with the first and second now I'll have to play on lol

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, I really appreciate it! Seems like I have quite a few games I need to try out, good thing I got the 320 gb :D I'm looking forward to playing the metal gear series especially, I fell in love with the first and second now I'll have to play on lol

YES. You'll love the hell out of Metal Gear Solid 3. It's probably the best in the franchise. 4 is pretty god damn awesome, too. And you timed it right with 5 coming out sometime.

Umm, otherwise, just a few big titles that were pretty damn good:
Bioshock Infinite
The Last of Us
Metal Gear Rising
InFAMOUS 1 & 2
Batman: Arkham Asylum (and City!)
Dark Souls
Okami HD if you haven't played the original

all i've got right now.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Ico & Shadow of the Colossus collection
Journey
Unfinished swan

Three of the most beautiful games you'll ever play.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards

sell it and buy a pc rig

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

320 GB is not enough, lol. I'm pretty sure my model is 500 and I'm running out of space with all the games I have and the ones I'm going to get.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

320 GB is not enough, lol. I'm pretty sure my model is 500 and I'm running out of space with all the games I have and the ones I'm going to get.
I'm on 160 gigs (148 because of all the preinstalled stuff) and god it's hard to be a PS+ member. Uncharted 3's 34 gigs really put a dent in my game collection.

SugarToppedLove

Website
www.youtube.com
Re: any megaman games for ps3?

I don't think Megaman made it really to the ps3. I only know of one game
and I was told "MegaMan 9" I believe it was , wasn't so good.

Journey is simple and great
Last of Us has a deep story
Battlefield (if you like FPS)
Borderlands
Tomb Raider(I think was pretty awesome, one made by SquareEnix)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You can get a few old Megaman games on the PS3...I don't think anything new was made for the system. Megaman has been a pretty dead IP for awhile since Capcom refuses to make any game for it.

You can wait for Mighty No. 9 (p much the spiritual successor of the MM franchise) on PS3 which is made by Keiji Inafune and his company Comcept...but that won't be coming until 2015. (It is also coming on Microsoft Windows, OS X, Linux, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation Vita...so you can choose any system)

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
There was two new games, Megaman 9 and 10 were released in 2008 and 2010 respectively. From what I heard, Mega Man 9 is really good (but hard) and with 10 being the weaker one of both titles. I'd suggest at least getting MM9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back