• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hopes for the forthcoming Big Hero 6 Trailer; Party members in the world

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who would you want to be the Party members for the Big Hero 6 world?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I don’t want to sound complainy or ungrateful for what we’ve received and I’m not surprised that we likely won’t get anything this week, but I really hope they start releasing content more frequently post-TGS. We’ve been waiting years and I want the lead up to release to be an exciting ride rather than the slog its feeling like right now. They had a good momentum going from April through E3, but I think they underestimated how quickly we would burn through that content regardless of how much of it they gave us. They hit us too fast and weren’t prepared to keep that hype going afterwards. I’d rather them spread reveals out more to keep consistent updates rather than this “news every 2-3 months” thing. Just drop some new screenshots or renders of revealed characters. Anything really to keep the news cycle rolling.

I just think SE is being particularly weird with this game’s marketing. We’re about 5 months away now. At six months ahead of Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Dragon Quest XI, they began marketing those games with frequent content releases via social media channels. We’re at five months and the Kingdom Hearts Twitter page has been silent since August 1st. KHI has been doing more than them on social media to highlight specific features and etc. They could at least have posted or retweeted the picture of Shinji Hashimoto today...

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system. Let’s hope that TGS onward will give us a steady flow of new stuff.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I don’t want to sound complainy or ungrateful for what we’ve received and I’m not surprised that we likely won’t get anything this week, but I really hope they start releasing content more frequently post-TGS. We’ve been waiting years and I want the lead up to release to be an exciting ride rather than the slog its feeling like right now. They had a good momentum going from April through E3, but I think they underestimated how quickly we would burn through that content regardless of how much of it they gave us. They hit us too fast and weren’t prepared to keep that hype going afterwards. I’d rather them spread reveals out more to keep consistent updates rather than this “news every 2-3 months” thing. Just drop some new screenshots or renders of revealed characters. Anything really to keep the news cycle rolling.

I just think SE is being particularly weird with this game’s marketing. We’re about 5 months away now. At six months ahead of Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Dragon Quest XI, they began marketing those games with frequent content releases via social media channels. We’re at five months and the Kingdom Hearts Twitter page has been silent since August 1st. KHI has been doing more than them on social media to highlight specific features and etc. They could at least have posted or retweeted the picture of Shinji Hashimoto today...

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system. Let’s hope that TGS onward will give us a steady flow of new stuff.
i wont be surpise if tgs is just big hero 6 with new scenes from old worlds it the post tgs i more worried about with running out cons and stuff i mean after tgs is paris games week and jump festa

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
i wont be surpise if tgs is just big hero 6 with new scenes from old worlds it the post tgs i more worried about with running out cons and stuff i mean after tgs is paris games week and jump festa
With those three, and a launch trailer, that's still four trailers to go. Plus they can drop the opening somewhere as well, which will excite people. IDK if it's just me and my tastes, but that's plenty of full on trailers for me. They can also drop multiple trailers at the one event, ala E3, as well as smaller trailers focusing on tiny specific elements like the Classic Kingdom Trailer.

If we consider the events you mentioned above after TGS (as TGS will cover BH6) and assume that we get one world in each trailer, then we know that we have:

Twilight Town
Mysterious Tower (may be counted as a world with Twilight Town or a separate world)
Olympus
Kingdom of Corona
Monstropolis
Toy Box
Arendelle
The Caribbean
San Fransokyo
Paris Games Week World
Jump Festa World
Launch Trailer World
Final World

That's 13 right there :D. It also remains to be seen if 100 Acre Woods will get a dedicated trailer or if they will shove it in as a smaller element in another trailer, and who knows what is going on with that Cable Town.

So I'm not too worried. I can see which events will be ones to focus on (Hashimoto and the Press Site updating threw me out for Gamescom and I'm paying for it with the lack of sleep this morning) and I know delicious, juicy info will drop there and I can wait for that. My problem is they don't have to make us wait for conventions for small things.

Like we discussed earlier, they can easily drop information on smaller things. They don't have to rely on conventions to drop news but those are the places with the most eyes on them, which is a shame. I just want renders, descriptions, concept art, smaller focused trailers (30-60 seconds) on different elements like mini-games, gummi ship, rare Heartless, if Synthesis is back etc. Heck, we haven't even seen a Moogle shop anywhere!

Spider-Man is releasing in just over two weeks and they are pumping out trailers which showcase the vibrant cities, outfits, and gadgets in the game and I would love if Kingdom Hearts III did the same thing like every month or so.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I would honestly hate it if we got only one Disney world per event. We only have 2-3 more to go might as well just get them out of the way and focus on the original worlds.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I would honestly hate it if we got only one Disney world per event. We only have 2-3 more to go might as well just get them out of the way and focus on the original worlds.
They can do both. We saw Radiant Garden in the E3 trailers, but I didn't count worlds like that because we don't know if they will be playable and it was easiest to just look at the worlds we know we will explore.

Like, Castle Oblivion is in but if it's not playable then I wouldn't really count it as a world on the list, just like I don't count Destiny Islands in Birth by Sleep.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
They can do both. We saw Radiant Garden in the E3 trailers, but I didn't count worlds like that because we don't know if they will be playable and it was easiest to just look at the worlds we know we will explore.

Like, Castle Oblivion is in but if it's not playable then I wouldn't really count it as a world on the list, just like I don't count Destiny Islands in Birth by Sleep.

I figured Radiant Garden is a given. How else would we access100 Acre Woods

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I figured Radiant Garden is a given. How else would we access100 Acre Woods
It doesn't have to be at that location. In Kingdom Hearts I, Merlin had a house in Traverse Town as well as the house in Radiant Garden. Dude likes to purchase property but he's certainly not in the market for flipping them for a profit.

We also have to remember that the data leak only contained very little in the way of data for both worlds. That's not to say that that is definitive proof of the size, scale, and playability of those worlds, but I found it suspicious since there was a lot of data for the other worlds that were outsourced and one would think that they should have been given more to work on.

Radiant Garden's leak only had data for the room Ienzo was in, and there was only data for Rabbits house and like some pots of honey, IIRC. Maybe Pooh is a summon and he comes sliding on a honey pot out of Rabbit's house?

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I think it's possible that if we don't get ANY new info for KH3 at Gamescom, then here are my expectations for the next places for new information:
  • Tokyo Game Show (Big Hero 6 reveal trailer and another trailer (be it a new world (Disney or Original) or a gameplay mechanic from the game))
  • Paris Game Week (New World trailer and KH3 intro trailer)
  • Jump Festa (Final world trailer and/or Launch Trailer*)
  • January (Launch Trailer)

*They can save the Launch trailer up until the game's release in January.

So perhaps 4-6 trailers for KH3 before the game comes out.

I'm with you on what you said, frankly, it's just unusual how Square Enix and to an extent Square Enix NA are very reserved when it comes to info relating to KH3 be it big or small. Yes, they have their priorities on their other franchises but frankly, it's just frustrating that it's going to be like how they release information and news just like what happened to II.8 Final Chapter Prologue.

Sorry if I'm complaining but I really would like to see renders for the Tangled and Hercules characters along with their worlds added into the Japanese website along with the North American website to be updated cause it seems to be lacking in information when compared to the Japanese KH3 website. I also wouldn't mind a small image/trailer that would suffice as our small KH3 information this month.

Radiant Garden's leak only had data for the room Ienzo was in, and there was only data for Rabbits house and like some pots of honey, IIRC. Maybe Pooh is a summon and he comes sliding on a honeypot out of Rabbit's house?

I wouldn't be surprised if 100 Acre Wood doesn't make its return as a world and Pooh will appear as a summoning link instead. But, it makes sense cause the links are people that Sora has met throughout his journey and have a strong bond with that individual which is why the likes of Ariel, Simba and Meow Wow are those that Sora has a strong connection to, his friendship with Pooh was close and he was like a Christopher Robin type character to him and at the end of KH2 when he leaves again he tells Pooh that "he would always have a special connection through their hearts."

I imagine his element would be made of Honey even if it isn't an element like Ariel's water, Simba's flames and Ralph's pixelation. But we shall see once Tokyo Game Show and the next conventions come up.

Also, I have a hunch that Disney Castle might not be an explorable world in the game cause in the leaks they only had the following six data files for Disney Castle: The library bookshelf, a candle, a chair, an ink bottle, the library fireplace, and a dog bed (Pluto's bed), so perhaps it would be seen in cutscenes just like it was back in the first game, Re:Coded and Dream Drop Distance.

But like you said it yourself that isn't to say that that is definitive proof of the size, scale, and playability of those worlds

Last edited:

Qiesamuel

I think 3 more trailers is a good number for this game. Each one in TGS, Jump Festa and Launch trailer.

the red monster

Awards

i pretty much agree with everything you said.
i think a smarter move was revealing only frozen on E3, and keeping up the momentum with pirates of the caribbean trailer for gamescom, so we'll have something every month or two and not two full empty months when we getiing so close to the release.

Crimson Crusader

Sarcasmbot
Awards
I just want to see Baymax as a party member and here him say "Oh no!" as he's losing health and then as he's running away or something say "I am not fast"

As for trailers I'm just being patient. I know they released the opening to 0.2, but that game was pretty small so that was fine. I just hope they do not release the KH3 opening. I want to enjoy it when I boot up the game for the first time, not see it on YouTube and have that ruined. If they do release an opening, I hope it's like a short version.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I just want to see Baymax as a party member and here him say "Oh no!" as he's losing health and then as he's running away or something say "I am not fast"

As for trailers I'm just being patient. I know they released the opening to 0.2, but that game was pretty small so that was fine. I just hope they do not release the KH3 opening. I want to enjoy it when I boot up the game for the first time, not see it on YouTube and have that ruined. If they do release an opening, I hope it's like a short version.
You were around here back for BbS, I remember your username. Do you remember if they released the full opening for that game or if it was just randomly cut up inside the launch trailer?

I don't think it was released in full before the game launched because the scene of Aqua and Terra having their Mark of Mastery exam in CGI made people think important scenes would be in CGI this time around.

Would that kind of thing be acceptable to someone avoiding the opening, if it releases? Naturally if it does we have to report on it (we get spoiled on so much :( ) so I'm curious about the boundaries someone like yourself who want to avoid it as much as possible would accept. Of course, you said a short version but would it being sprinkled through a trailer be acceptable?

Crimson Crusader

Sarcasmbot
Awards
You were around here back for BbS, I remember your username. Do you remember if they released the full opening for that game or if it was just randomly cut up inside the launch trailer?

I don't think it was released in full before the game launched because the scene of Aqua and Terra having their Mark of Mastery exam in CGI made people think important scenes would be in CGI this time around.

Would that kind of thing be acceptable to someone avoiding the opening, if it releases? Naturally if it does we have to report on it (we get spoiled on so much :( ) so I'm curious about the boundaries someone like yourself who want to avoid it as much as possible would accept. Of course, you said a short version but would it being sprinkled through a trailer be acceptable?

Thanks, now I feel old lol. If I remember correctly, the opening to bbs was never fully released, just bits and pieces in trailers to show off the CGI.

On the topic of the opening to KH3 being presented in short cuts through trailers I guess that is fine. I mean we already know the conversation between Young Xehanort and Eraqus opens the game, which could be part of the opening sequence. I personally just wouldn't want to entire opening revealed before the games launch like with 0.2. If they do happen to release the whole opening, then it's gonna take some strong will power, but I'm gonna try resist watching it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Thanks, now I feel old lol.
Haha sorry :p. If it helps, I've been here for ten and a half years so we're definitely close to retirement in the KHInsider Senior Centre.

If I remember correctly, the opening to bbs was never fully released, just bits and pieces in trailers to show off the CGI.
Cool. I think this is what DDD did as well, so releasing the opening seems to be a very recent decision for the PS4 games.

On the topic of the opening to KH3 being presented in short cuts through trailers I guess that is fine. I mean we already know the conversation between Young Xehanort and Eraqus opens the game, which could be part of the opening sequence. I personally just wouldn't want to entire opening revealed before the games launch like with 0.2. If they do happen to release the whole opening, then it's gonna take some strong will power, but I'm gonna try resist watching it.
I get that, but I think it is 150% set in stone that the full opening will drop. It has a brand new Utada track, it is the most anticipated Kingdom Hearts game ever, and it would drive hype and probably pre-orders through the roof.

I think we've seen part of the opening, as the Kairi and Lea conversation looks to be CG in quality, so the theme song might lead into them sitting on that hill. So it may be Young Xehanort and Eraqus talking cryptically about the future battle -> theme song and opening -> Kairi and Lea conversation.

I hope you can resist though. I remember putting KH2 into my PS2 back in the day and seeing the opening scene was the first moment where it hit me that 'this is real' and it would have been nice to do the same with KH3 but I can't resist. I'm so desperate for anything and everything KH3, and just knowing Big Hero 6 is next is carrying me through August up to Spider-Man. Whenever they decide to drop the opening will carry me through to the next trailer and info dump.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
My current predictions are:

Tokyo Game Show: Big Hero 6 and original world reveal. 11th vessel reveal.
Paris Games Week: Original world and Princess and the Frog reveal. (NOLA has a lot of French influence.) Possible opening reveal like 2.8 since PatF might not be considered the most hyped world announcement. 12th vessel reveal.
November: Classic Kingdom in Ux as tribute to Mickey’s 90th birthday.
Jump Festa: Final Disney world (if there are 9 primary playable worlds.) Keyblade Graveyard/Final world reveal. 13th vessel reveal or they could leave it a mystery for the game itself.
Launch Trailer: A mix of everything we’ve seen up to that point.

But like Chaser said, I really want those smaller things to trickle out outside of events or during the smaller ones that don’t get world announcements. They could show us a playthrough of Remy’s Delicious Restaurant or the Kingdom Dance and I would be content. Literally anything that says, “Here’s a closer look at what the game has to offer.” Showing these very brief shots in trailers is one thing, but seeing some of this stuff played through would show whether there’s actually substance to it and not just flash.

In terms of story content, I really don’t want to see that much other than showing that characters are in the game and maybe setting up a premise for the game as a whole in trailer instead of just print descriptions. But there’s so much more outside of the story stuff that I’m sure they could show without giving too much away.

As for 100 Acre Wood, there are so many mini games scattered throughout the worlds now in comparison to previous titles that I’m not sure if they will want an entire minigame-based world this time around. So I would be fine if it’s either a full scale world or something else entirely. It might even just be one standalone minigame like Remy’s Restaurant rather than a world full of them.

Crimson Crusader

Sarcasmbot
Awards
Haha sorry :p. If it helps, I've been here for ten and a half years so we're definitely close to retirement in the KHInsider Senior Centre.

I'm about to hit my ten years here as well. Remember the days of RPGinferno? That was back the good ole days hahaha.

Cool. I think this is what DDD did as well, so releasing the opening seems to be a very recent decision for the PS4 games.

Gamers these days are so catered to. Lol

I get that, but I think it is 150% set in stone that the full opening will drop. It has a brand new Utada track, it is the most anticipated Kingdom Hearts game ever, and it would drive hype and probably pre-orders through the roof.

I think we've seen part of the opening, as the Kairi and Lea conversation looks to be CG in quality, so the theme song might lead into them sitting on that hill. So it may be Young Xehanort and Eraqus talking cryptically about the future battle -> theme song and opening -> Kairi and Lea conversation.

Hmm you may be onto something there. Along with the song, the setting with Lea and Kairi conversating is flooding me with emotions. Oh god if this is truly what the opening will be, I cannot wait!

I hope you can resist though. I remember putting KH2 into my PS2 back in the day and seeing the opening scene was the first moment where it hit me that 'this is real' and it would have been nice to do the same with KH3 but I can't resist. I'm so desperate for anything and everything KH3, and just knowing Big Hero 6 is next is carrying me through August up to Spider-Man. Whenever they decide to drop the opening will carry me through to the next trailer and info dump.

This is exactly why I don't want to watch the opening if I can avoid it. I want the emotions to hit me, I want to be like It's finally here. I'm really looking forward to seeing anything KH3 related, especially how potentially massive the BH6 world is gonna be and everything that comes with it. I also hope SE puts another emotional scene at the end of whatever next trailer we get. (I.e Aquanort, seeing Replica Riku/Kairi & Lea) I love little teases like that.
I'm unfortunately not getting Spider-Man right away due to financial concerns, but my birthday is not too far off from it's release so.. hinthint lmao

horto12485

Awards
My current predictions are:

Tokyo Game Show: Big Hero 6 and original world reveal. 11th vessel reveal.
Paris Games Week: Original world and Princess and the Frog reveal. (NOLA has a lot of French influence.) Possible opening reveal like 2.8 since PatF might not be considered the most hyped world announcement. 12th vessel reveal.
November: Classic Kingdom in Ux as tribute to Mickey’s 90th birthday.
Jump Festa: Final Disney world (if there are 9 primary playable worlds.) Keyblade Graveyard/Final world reveal. 13th vessel reveal or they could leave it a mystery for the game itself.
Launch Trailer: A mix of everything we’ve seen up to that point.

But like Chaser said, I really want those smaller things to trickle out outside of events or during the smaller ones that don’t get world announcements. They could show us a playthrough of Remy’s Delicious Restaurant or the Kingdom Dance and I would be content. Literally anything that says, “Here’s a closer look at what the game has to offer.” Showing these very brief shots in trailers is one thing, but seeing some of this stuff played through would show whether there’s actually substance to it and not just flash.

In terms of story content, I really don’t want to see that much other than showing that characters are in the game and maybe setting up a premise for the game as a whole in trailer instead of just print descriptions. But there’s so much more outside of the story stuff that I’m sure they could show without giving too much away.

As for 100 Acre Wood, there are so many mini games scattered throughout the worlds now in comparison to previous titles that I’m not sure if they will want an entire minigame-based world this time around. So I would be fine if it’s either a full scale world or something else entirely. It might even just be one standalone minigame like Remy’s Restaurant rather than a world full of them.

Yes i love this Theory of what the Remaining Events that could have Kingdom Hearts 3 and it's World Announcements.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
For anyone wondering, it looks like Hashimoto was at Gamescom for promotion of Left Alive rather than KH3. Still, they’ve unveiled new stuff for that game and Dragon Quest Builders 2 today. Not counting on it, but maybe they’ll still throw a bone to KH since it’s pretty much the only upcoming game (non-remake) they haven’t shown new stuff for.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm about to hit my ten years here as well. Remember the days of RPGinferno? That was back the good ole days hahaha.
I never really went into that section so that bit of history is lost to me :(. Must have been great though, lots of people comment on it or ask where it went.

This is exactly why I don't want to watch the opening if I can avoid it. I want the emotions to hit me, I want to be like It's finally here. I'm really looking forward to seeing anything KH3 related, especially how potentially massive the BH6 world is gonna be and everything that comes with it. I also hope SE puts another emotional scene at the end of whatever next trailer we get. (I.e Aquanort, seeing Replica Riku/Kairi & Lea) I love little teases like that.
I'm unfortunately not getting Spider-Man right away due to financial concerns, but my birthday is not too far off from it's release so.. hinthint lmao
I would love more emotional scenes, and I think we are getting a few surprise scenes, but I'm also wanting them to not showcase that stuff because it would be great to view it in-game for the first time. I'm glad they did Aqua though, we can come to terms with her now and let our minds go insane with theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back