• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Harry Potter

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
According to that wiki: "The film will take place in the same universe as the Harry Potter films but will not be a prequel or sequel to them."

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
According to that wiki: "The film will take place in the same universe as the Harry Potter films but will not be a prequel or sequel to them."

okay then im not even close lol

sorry dude, i guess it can be considered a cashgrab spinoff.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I mean, we have no idea if anything about the originals will really be mentioned, other than the book they used, but it still is a technical prequel since its in the same universe and before the original series lol. I mean, JK is writing it, so there is no debating that its 100% canon to the books and everything I'm sure. That being said, it will probably feel like more of a spin-off.

redcrown

Awards
I don't care what it is. I'm so excited for this movie. So glad they decided to tell the story of an interesting and influential wizard/witch in the HP universe, along with being in a different country and seeing how the culture differs from England (and a different time period). A way more interesting story/character to work with than a lame movie about the protagonist's children (seriously, who gives a diddly about them?)

Last edited:

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
More importantly I hope that this series opens up a possible modern day society vs wizardry war story.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I am happy but upset. Happy because more HP, but upset because it is just the script so it won't have the same unique character the novels have that stem from Rowling's quirky writing style.

I wanted that to HAPPEN! YES!! Next year is going to mark 10 years that the Deathly Hallows was released.

God I feel old now. I remember buying the book as a B-day gift to myself and reading it with my friend while we were on vacation in Vegas during high school.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I am happy but upset. Happy because more HP, but upset because it is just the script so it won't have the same unique character the novels have that stem from Rowling's quirky writing style.

God I feel old now. I remember buying the book as a B-day gift to myself and reading it with my friend while we were on vacation in Vegas during high school.

I remember I had to reserve the book at a local Barnes and Noble store and was going to meet up with a group of friends of mine. They were huge fans; I mean huge. Wanted to join with them but I didn't make it. The day of its release was like no other; felt like the dawning of a New Years. I was at Orlando during the week. I had already read some leaked early chapters and was sharing it to one of my friends that was going to be part of the launch. Giving her just the description of the pictures from the chapters, didn't want to spoil it for her since she was an incredible die-hard fan. The day I was heading back home. Fortunately, I ended up buying all of the hardcover books that day. And got rid of the soft cover books. It was incredible love that moment. I immediately started reading the Deathly Hallows from that point on and was part of the fray like everyone else. The end of an era.

Patricier21

I’m worried that the lighting/colour grading for the Fantastic Beasts movies will be taken too far like it was for Deathly Hallows Part 2. The lighting in that film was so dark that I pretty much could not see a freaking thing during the main, outside the castle part of the Battle of Hogwarts. I know that they were trying to make it dark to match the thematic tones of the story, but they did not need to make it so literally dark. Even something like Lord of the Rings, which was just as dark or more, did not go that far with its lighting and colour grading.

From what has been released so far the film appears to be following a similar kind of lighting style with similar darkish grey colouring. The story does not seem to be as dark and intense as DH2 was so there should be no reason why it will be near impossible to see certain things in the movie. If anyone reading this gets a chance to go to any test screenings, or has any sort of insider connections to the movie, would you please make sure that this is not an issue in any way?

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Anyone here ever buy one of the wands they sell online that you use inside Universal Studios? There's a warning saying they break easily if misused and I'd love to know if that means they're just poorly made or if it's just a sign for parents to not buy them for their destructive children.

Last edited:

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I dunno if they're any different from the ones in the park, but I used to own Harry's wand from that one company, I can't remember. It was pretty eh in quality, just a fairly decent plastic that's not too durable. I mean if you try using it as a sword, I'm sure it'll bend or break.

redcrown

Awards
I dunno if they're any different from the ones in the park, but I used to own Harry's wand from that one company, I can't remember. It was pretty eh in quality, just a fairly decent plastic that's not too durable. I mean if you try using it as a sword, I'm sure it'll bend or break.

It wasn't wood? I assume the ones from the park will be.
I had several plastic harry potter wands as a kid too. Good ole 2002.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
It wasn't wood? I assume the ones from the park will be.
I had several plastic harry potter wands as a kid too. Good ole 2002.

Like I said, I'm not sure about the ones from the park (I'm sure you can find youtube videos of them) but the Noble Collection wand replica is pretty eh in quality.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
To be fair the ones from the actual universe of this book were probably frail as shit too (Ron's wand from the earlier films/books/whatever/diddly you broke from him sitting on it I think?, and the fact that Harry could just break the Elder Wand in half without much effort). So you could argue that it's an accurate prop.

redcrown

Awards
As long as it's made of actual wood and not as frail a a toothpick.

Patricier21

To be fair the ones from the actual universe of this book were probably frail as shit too (Ron's wand from the earlier films/books/whatever/diddly you broke from him sitting on it I think?, and the fact that Harry could just break the Elder Wand in half without much effort). So you could argue that it's an accurate prop.

Ron's initial wand was broken from him tapping the wheel of the Ford anglia when crashing into the Whomping Willow

Back