• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gay Marriage - YES or NO?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Gay marriage, equal rights for all!

• YES

Votes: 413 77.9%
  • NO

Votes: 117 22.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
It's not about needing it, it's about equal treatment.

Obviously not if it is still such an issue.

so....we only want the option? sigh...i guess you could...though i ssaw a movie that you can be married in canada (guess which one)

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
To be honest, if gay marriage was legal ( which I support ), the only problem would be finding a church to marry you. Which several do, by the by. However if you're a Catholic dude who wants to marry another Catholic dude by a Catholic priest in a Catholic church, I think they have every right to object because of what they define marriage as. You can't have a double-standard for separation of powers.

Again, the church part isn't needed. You don't have to get married in a church. My aunt and uncle didn't. I don't plan to. Need someone to marry them? I am sure a lot of people wouldn't mind having such a job. But if you want to be gay and get married in a church, then you are just being too picky. A religion says no, then ok. There are other ways to get married.

Sa?x

The Luna Diviner
To be honest, if gay marriage was legal ( which I support ), the only problem would be finding a church to marry you. Which several do, by the by. However if you're a Catholic dude who wants to marry another Catholic dude by a Catholic priest in a Catholic church, I think they have every right to object because of what they define marriage as. You can't have a double-standard for separation of powers.

You don't have to get married in a church. There are many other venues. My sister got married at a country club that does marriages. And as for the person who performs the marriage? A justice of the peace is certified for that. But, yes, I fully agree that they should be allowed to refuse service. I know I would want that right.

Aegis

I have to throw in that if you still don't believe that homosexuality is biological you are just a fucking idiot.

But of course that isn't the point of this thread.

You're the most closed minded individual I have ever met. It's incredible.

Aegis

Irony at its finest.

Unfortunately, technically, telling someone they're wrong initially and automatically puts you into the "closed minded" section. I agree with Sam that it is biological, but I give the right to people to say otherwise and feel that argument that it may be an actual choice may hold some ground. In the same way religion may be right, or there may be an alien looking over my shoulder at the current moment, I think that being gay may be a choice. I don't know though, which is why i can't say for sure.

Awards
Unfortunately, technically, telling someone they're wrong initially and automatically puts you into the "closed minded" section. I agree with Sam that it is biological, but I give the right to people to say otherwise and feel that argument that it may be an actual choice may hold some ground. In the same way religion may be right, or there may be an alien looking over my shoulder at the current moment, I think that being gay may be a choice. I don't know though, which is why i can't say for sure.

Sounds to me like you're so open minded that your brains are leaking out.

Okay, bad euphemism. But are you really so open minded that you loan credibility to ideas that you know aren't true? If that is your definition of open mindedness then I have no desire to be open minded, because it's synonymous with "pussy who is more concerned with people's feelings than asserting the truth in order to create a less discriminatory society".

So fuck you.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Did you wake up one morning and say, "Gee, I think I'm going to be straight!". I'm guessing no. It just came natural. You know that you liked girls. So, by answering that question, you've basically answered whether or not being gay is a choice. It isn't. Sexuality just happens.

KairiFan743

I think whoever wants to get married should be able to. Be it man and woman, man and man or woman and woman.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

Someone tells me 2+2 is 5. I tell them they are wrong. So I am closed minded? You don't know what closed minded means. You think it is a choice for no apparent reason. Have you question gay people? Have you studied the difference between a straight mind and a gay mind? Have you done anything to feel this way or are you just saying what you've been told?

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Okay.. I know this has been stated and restated, but I got a lame example..

(Ex. So Jimmy (lame name) admits that he is gay.. (lol.. coming out the closet..)

Chances are that Jimmy (lame name) may of seemed to "decide" to be gay, but why turn gay for no reason? Why would one go gay when they're bound to get ridiculed, perescuted, and maybe even disowned by their parents. Maybe, it's because he's getting more turned on by that guy over there than that female elsewhere in the room. Now, if one was wired normally, their mindset wouldn't go that way (like straight people like us), but if some part of his genetic code malfunctions or "malfunctions" (the "" obviously are depending on how you view gays..) and makes the hormones flow more when he sees his own sex.. ah.. forget it..

My point is that like so many have stated and restated, if you don't think it's possible to be born to become gay, you're wrong.. very wrong.. We have all sorts of other ways our genes can be screwed up or malfunction, whether from birth or the environment. Why can't being gay be one of them? So, in most cases (if not all of them), I personally think that it's not Jimmy's fault that he's attracted to his own sex.. it's the way his genes were wired or as in most of the general public's view, ill wired..

Another opinion of mine and the main reason I posted.. is that I also think that it is possible to "decide" to go gay, based on a really bad break-up or series of bitter break-ups.. I mean.. seriously.. how do you think this is going to affect a person's trust of the opposite sex? If there's no trust in the opposite sex anymore, then how are they going to love them again? Sure, this is probably remedy-able, but what if it doesn't get remedied immediatey? This is another cause that I do believe people would be complete dumbasses (lol.. here's another genetic defect.. and a solid one, if that..) to deny.

Anyways, like it's been said before, if people can be born retarded/ with Down's Syndrome or any one of the various genetic conditions (like the disease that makes kids age too fast or that.. damn it.. I forgot what it's called, but it screws up your lungs.. Cystic.. Fibrois?), where their body's are wired to either make them retarded, screw up their organs, or screw up their mind, then how can they not be wired to be gay? Oh wait.. wouldn't being gay be similar to your state of mind being screwed up? (Not that I feel that way towards gays, but still..)

Awards
i don't consider myself christian, but if I were religious that's what I would be

my understanding of god is that he is perfect and loves everyone no matter what

i dislike the idea that this god created people gay only to be ridiculed and abused

it's disgusting, and i have very little to no tolerance for anyone who thinks otherwise

also fuck your bible shit. there are thousands of verses that say lying is an 'abomination', but from what I know there are less than ten that make even a vague reference to homosexuality. go bitch about lying for a change

fuck your shit

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Someone tells me 2+2 is 5. I tell them they are wrong. So I am closed minded? You don't know what closed minded means. You think it is a choice for no apparent reason. Have you question gay people? Have you studied the difference between a straight mind and a gay mind? Have you done anything to feel this way or are you just saying what you've been told?

Oh please, this wouldnt be an issue if the issue of homosexuality was as easy as 2+2 =5. You are being close minded. Nothing has been proven yet, I'm not saying it's not, I'm just saying, its not as concrete as 2+2=4. Even in the scientific community.

Also, Scarecrow makes a good point, compared to lying, backbiting, or cheating, homosexuality seems like a minor sin in biblical contexts.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
i don't consider myself christian, but if I were religious that's what I would be

my understanding of god is that he is perfect and loves everyone no matter what

i dislike the idea that this god created people gay only to be ridiculed and abused

it's disgusting, and i have very little to no tolerance for anyone who thinks otherwise

also fuck your bible shit. there are thousands of verses that say lying is an 'abomination', but from what I know there are less than ten that make even a vague reference to homosexuality. go bitch about lying for a change

fuck your shit

Very well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back