• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gay Marriage - YES or NO?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Gay marriage, equal rights for all!

• YES

Votes: 413 77.9%
  • NO

Votes: 117 22.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
I see absolutely nothing wrong with gay people marrying; if two people want to marry, how do we have any say in the matter?

Though, to be honest with you, I couldn't truly care either way, nor should any hetrosexual person; who are we to make decisions solely belonging to a separate group of people? Our lives would remain relatively unchanged if this decision was made either way, so why bother ourselves with this, or meddle in affairs that we don't belong in? Gay folks, if you wish to get married, then by all means, do so; it doesn't affect me, so it doesn't matter to me. Though, if I did have the right to truly debate this issue, I would support it fully; these people should have no reason to be afraid in a country designed to accept all peoples.

Last edited:

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
You're an insufferable idiot, and I hope you never procreate

Better C:

Dont forget the effect of hormones. Most people have an inbalanced hormone level during puberty. That's when your sexuality comes into effect. That's where most discover their sexual orientation. No one chooses to have an imbalanced hormone level.

I was actually going to mention that but I just didn't feel like making a retort in that specific post. Regardless you are absolutely right.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
I was actually going to mention that but I just didn't feel like making a retort in that specific post. Regardless you are absolutely right.
I forgot to add though that an imbalanced hormone level can lead to homosexuality, and since the majority of people HAVE an imbalanced hormone level during puberty, many believe that homosexuality isn't as rare as generally thought.

Taking that into consideration, we can easily see how this doesnt add up (mere 3-10% being gay?). Why choose to be gay right? When you get hated and disgusted for it by everyone around you? Thus, many more people are gay than that are out in the open. (hence there are probably more gay people than the 10%)

Sad that people like shadowmind are the reason so many people need to live in fear (if I act like this, will people know I'm gay?!!!!!) and pain (teenagers and adults crying themselves asleep). To lie about their sexual orientation, a completely natural sexuality.
i find it disgusting.

With gay marriage being accepted, hopefully these people that feel unaccepted will be more secure to come out. So that we can all live peacefully, gay, bi or straight.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Meh, with the whole "choose to be gay", I highly doubt that it is purely a conscious choice. Prior relations between people of varying sexes probably factor in. Besides, you can be "attracted" to just about anyone (they just have to look good), it's just a matter who you begin to pursue first. That's when the tendency would fit in. At the very least, there is a subconscious lean towards homosexuality at some point in time. Of course, that doesn't mean that I think homosexuality is right or anything :p

As far as marriage goes, I guess it depends on what you are talking about. If your talking about the whole "pastor & ceremony" deal, then I think there's an issue there. If you're talking about going to the courts and filling out the paper work, then I don't really care. That's just a legality issue. It doesn't make homosexuality any less wrong in my eyes, but I figure the part that makes it (by definition) homosexuality, isn't too dependent on the legal matter of marriage.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Meh, with the whole "choose to be gay", I highly doubt that it is purely a conscious choice. Prior relations between people of varying sexes probably factor in. Besides, you can be "attracted" to just about anyone (they just have to look good), it's just a matter who you begin to pursue first. That's when the tendency would fit in. At the very least, there is a subconscious lean towards homosexuality at some point in time.
You don't get aroused by both genders, unless you're bisexual. So no, that's not true.

Of course, that doesn't mean that I think homosexuality is right or anything :p
How in any way would homosexuality be wrong?

Awards
Just another example of how separation of church and state isn't upheld. We're talking about gay marriage rights here and, as such, the legal definition of the word, not the "sacred union."

Someone give me a legitimately secular reason why gays shouldn't get married.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
You don't get aroused by both genders, unless you're bisexual. So no, that's not true.

Fine

How in any way would homosexuality be wrong?

Outside of a religious/philosophical standpoint? None, really. Then again, that claim could be made for morality in general. What makes it right?

Voltron

Silver Member
bullshit? , gays choose to be that way, if you try and say their born that way your saying their a race, people are born either black or white, not gay or straight!! so bullshit back to you...

I hate to disagree with you, but being a bisexual(sorta) myself, I can tell you I started finding men "interesting" when I was about 6 years old. I had no idea what bisexual and homosexual was, but I knew I liked something about guys back then, and didn't realize I was attracted to them until I knew what bi and gay was.

And you can't choose who you're attracted to, believe me, you can't.

Shade737

Silver Member
You can't choose to be Gay/Lez/Bi, it just happens. I learned from talking to a gay guy.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Outside of a religious/philosophical standpoint? None, really. Then again, that claim could be made for morality in general. What makes it right?
What is wrong with homosexuality philisophically?

I can understand religiously, but I don't see the connection with philosophy. Take a Utopia, one of the, if not THE topic for philosophers. Isn't that a place where EVERYONE is accepted the way they are and we all live peacefully together, having equal rights? Or is your idea of a Utopia different?

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
I don't know where you all get off. Saying that there's such thing as the gay gene is like saying that there's a gene for liberalism.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
I don't know where you all get off. Saying that there's such a thing as the gay gene is like saying that there's a gene for liberalism.
Gene =/= hormone

I doubt there's a gay gene, since that would mean it would be passed on from one to the next.

But homosexuality is not a choice nonetheless. Anyone who claims it is really is the biggest moron in the world and has NO IDEA what gay people go through. Weird, how anyone can have such a weak ability to understand other people's feelings.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
What is wrong with homosexuality philisophically?

I can understand religiously, but I don't see the connection with philosophy. Take a Utopia, one of the, if not THE topic for philosophers. Isn't that a place where EVERYONE is accepted the way they are and we all live peacefully together, having equal rights? Or is your idea of a Utopia different?

I'm merely trying to include possibilities that could be considered "metaphysical". I already made my statement about the "legal" right of marriage, so I'm not really concerned with "legal" rights right now.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Gene =/= hormone
Kindly, explain how hormonal imbalance and sexuality works. Honestly, I would really like to see your reasoning on why you think hormonal imbalance affects one's sexual orientation because I honestly think you're just spouting out the media is saying without actually understanding hormones at all.

A

Azrael

If they can admit the fact that they can not have any children outside of adoption and any such children adopted will still be victimized, then sure. Let them get married.

It's inevitable really with the overwhelming majority of the next generation for gay marriage although.

Personally, I am in support of civil unions handled by judges in the government instead of gay marriage in the religious institutions because we could tolerate gays having civil unions, but once you have gay marriage in the churches, you're going to re-define marriage to something completely.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Gene =/= hormone
Hormonal imbalance my ass. Males are attracted to females because of their hormones, mainly estrogen. If men are attracted to other men and you try explaining it using hormones, wouldn't that mean they'd produce a lot of estrogen? Their body parts would be similar to females; i.e., they'd have breasts.

But homosexuality is not a choice nonetheless. Anyone who claims it is really is the biggest moron in the world and has NO IDEA what gay people go through. Weird, how anyone can have such a weak ability to understand other people's feelings.
What, and you do? Let me refer back to

Tell me why ANYONE would choose to be hated by so many people? Why anyone would want to be discriminated against. Why anyone would choose to get aroused by the same gender? Why anyone would choose to be killed (in Iran and Egypt for example, homosexuals are put to death)
So under the assumption that people are born gay, would any of this change? Talk about insensitive.

very differentiable
Awards
We shouldn't restrict the freedom of people who haven't trespassed the law.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
If they can admit the fact that they can not have any children outside of adoption and any such children adopted will still be victimized, then sure. Let them get married.
I'd rather be adopted and have a family then, you know, not...

Kindly, explain how hormonal imbalance and sexuality works. Honestly, I would really like to see your reasoning on why you think hormonal imbalance affects one's sexual orientation because I honestly think you're just spouting out the media is saying without actually understanding hormones at all.

I don't pretend that I know what causes it. I don't. All I know is, when you look at someone and your body tells you you're attracted to them, it's not much of a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back