• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gay Marriage - YES or NO?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Gay marriage, equal rights for all!

• YES

Votes: 413 77.9%
  • NO

Votes: 117 22.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
homerz.jpg

Since it's such a hot topic with Proposition 8 apparently staying strong in California, and LGBTS (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual, Straight) people are out rallying all over the country, let's actually discuss it politically.

^If you need any inspiration.​

So far, religion has been placed in this discussion, but people seem to forget that religion has NOTHING to do with justice and politics. So let's try to discuss this topic the way it's supposed to be, with fair arguments.

Answer the poll (simple Yes or No, it IS as simple as that after all) and let's see how we youngsters feel about equal rights.:confused:

Last edited:

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
So far, religion has been placed in this discussion, but people seem to forget that religion has NOTHING to do with justice and politics. So let's try to discuss this topic the way it's supposed to be, with fair arguments.

Except that marriage is a rite in the church, made in the presence of God, so religion has very much to do with this.

As for things like adoption of children, civil rights and all; I'm all for it.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Except that marriage is a rite in the church, made in the presence of God, so religion has very much to do with this.

As for things like adoption of children, civil rights and all; I'm all for it.
Not really. Church is ONE of the institutions that believes in marriage.
Many Christians think that marriage started with Christianity.

Marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The only reason why Christianity and marriage are so connected these days is because in the Middle Ages in Europe, Christianity was the number one religion and pretty much EVERYONE was a Christian.
But how about Hindu and Muslim weddings? Etc.

I know Christians use it as an argument, but it's bull.
Besides, you dont have to marry in Church.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
Prop 8 is an abomination and it's amazing that the supposedly most liberal state in the nation is doing this.

I view this as an equal rights issue. The same basic arguments used by the homophobes were also used by the racists with inter-racial marriage. Eventually the outcome will be the same, it's only a matter of time.

Reflection said:
Except that marriage is a rite in the church, made in the presence of God, so religion has very much to do with this.As for things like adoption of children, civil rights and all; I'm all for it.

No, marriage is a legal matter. What happens within the house of worship concerns only the religion.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Prop 8 is an abomination and it's amazing that the supposedly most liberal state in the nation is doing this.

I view this as an equal rights issue. The same basic arguments used by the homophobes were also used by the racists with inter-racial marriage. Eventually the outcome will be the same, it's only a matter of time.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Honestly, I don't care that not everyone agrees that being a homosexual is "right", but it's another thing when you're actively pursuing and discriminating them, seeking to deprive them of things they should have, when they aren't doing anything harmful to society by being who they are. "Live and let live" rarely applies more than in cases like these.

I don't necessarily agree with the christian lifestyle, but you don't see me going around saying we should burn bibles, take down churches, and make religious marriage illegal. It isn't any of my business how they live their life, they can do what they want provided they don't try and tell me or anyone else how people should live. I think that's what they need to start doing too.

Last edited:

Voltron

Silver Member
The thing about gay marriage is that it is disgusting..we should not belittle the gay community but just not allow a nasty thing such as gay marriage!

O YA HEARTLESS BABY!! 50 POSTS LOL!!!

So they can be gay/bi, date, do everything other couples do, and love each other...but they can't marry?

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I disagree, considering I believe marriage to have originated and to forever remain between a man and a woman, considering outside of legal rights, it is a spiritual ceremony originated in religious practice.

But you all knew this.

Homosexual relations has been an abomination for even longer.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
I disagree, considering I believe marriage to have originated and to forever remain between a man and a woman, considering outside of legal rights, it is a spiritual ceremony originated in religious practice.

But you all knew this.
It's a spiritual ceremony where two beings - who love each other that dearly, that they want to share the rest of their life together - are forever connected. Together, they are as one.

All religions know marriage, but not all marriages know religion.
Marriage did not appear when Christianity appeared.

According to your religion. Politics and religion are not to be intertwined. So whatever your religion believes means nothing when it comes to this civil right.

The thing about gay marriage is that it is disgusting..we should not belittle the gay community but just not allow a nasty thing such as gay marriage!
Explain what's disgusting. I'm interested in your argumentation.

shadowmind

California and yes i will enjoy the earth quakes,I
This has very much to do with the church, if gay marriage where allowed(by law), churches would be forced to sanction a same-sex marriage. What about the churches rights? I'm really sick and tired of the homosexual agenda, they try and force their life style on us yet when we stick to our beliefs they cry foul :23:, BTW California rocks!!!!!!!

New2Ya

I'm lost...
This has very much to do with the church, if gay marriage where allowed(by law), churches would be forced to sanction a same-sex marriage. What about the churches rights? I'm really sick and tired of the homosexual agenda, they try and force their life style on us yet when we stick to our beliefs they cry foul :23:, BTW California rocks!!!!!!!
You don't seem to understand what this is about.

It's about gay marriage, not gay Church marriage. It's a civil right, where homosexuals and lesbians are allowed to marry one another and call each other husband and husband or wife and wife.

It's called Marriage of State.
Marriage of state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It has nothing to do with religion.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
I can understand arguments for both side, the yes and the no, yet in the end I support it, since it seems to be the only solution for they get the much needed right given by marriage. Beside it's not like if two homosexual marrying was going to change lives of heterosexual peoples.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Slavery has only been considered an abomination in the last few centuries. See how that works?

shadowmind

California and yes i will enjoy the earth quakes,I
You don't seem to understand what this is about.

It's about gay marriage, not gay Church marriage. It's a civil right, where homosexuals and lesbians are allowed to marry one another and call each other husband and husband or wife and wife.

It's called Marriage of State.
Marriage of state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It has nothing to do with religion.

If this is a civil rights issue, they this has more to do with religion then you think, as far as it goes in America. Our constitution was founded on christian principles, whether or not you believe in Christianity you can't deny this.Most of our founding fathers were Christians. Any civil rights have to abide by the Constitution of America. How about homosexuals go and get married in another country hmm?

New2Ya

I'm lost...
If this is a civil rights issue, they this has more to do with religion then you think, as far as it goes in America. Our constitution was founded on christian principles, whether or not you believe in Christianity you can't deny this.Most of our founding fathers were Christians. Any civil rights have to abide by the Constitution of America. How about homosexuals go and get married in another country hmm?
First Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They also believed in seperation of State and Religion.

Your turn.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
If this is a civil rights issue, they this has more to do with religion then you think, as far as it goes in America. Our constitution was founded on christian principles. Most of our founding fathers were Christians.

Uh, no.

A great deal of the founding fathers were deist, not christian, and were for the separation of Church and State, pretty sure they wouldn't be happy about things like Prop. 8. America was also originally founded by people who wanted to escape religious persecution (sound familiar?).

Finally, so what? America was also founded on slavery, I don't think that's something you'd like to be supporting.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards

A fair portion of our founding fathers were also Free Masons or supposed to be one of them, not that it matters.

Anyways, I choose "yes." I'm not that way myself, but imo.. if they want to be the way they are and marry other another to, why shouldn't they be allowed to? By banning gay marriage, I feel that we're stomping on their rights. Honestly, I also think that not every gay guy/ girl necessarily choose to be gay and that they were just born that way.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Honestly, I also think that not every gay guy/ girl necessarily choose to be gay and that they were just born that way.
Lol, why would anyone choose to be gay in the first place?:23: To be hated and disgusted by so many? I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back