• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gameinformer previews Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX-

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
It is a pretty decent video, though they really should have a little more accuracy.

Not to discredit them, of course. They have to play new games year round and focus on them.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The english text was so nice, it's just a shame they skipped over cutscenes, didn't show anything other than kh 1, talked about information that was so incorrect, and insulted other games in the series.

I think they ragged out KH1 (for the gummi ship), Re:CoM for the story, Days for the video length, Re:Coded cause it "wasn't fun" and Dream Drop Distance because the girl hated being dropped.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Its actually annoying hearing them talk about it

At least it looks pretty

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I couldn't stand hearing them talk about the game but the video itself was nice. I'm going to assume they weren't allowed to show any Days cutscenes :c

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
At the end of time, listening to the drums...
God, those graphics are just beautiful =)

But I want to slap the ish out of those people, mostly just because they're basically like "We're lifelong fans, but fuck kingdom hearts"

It's understandable that they might not be into it, but they shouldn't pretend they are, just talk about the game, stick to non opinionated facts.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I'm going to try and keep this as short as possible. Everything they say, aside from a few inaccuracies here and there, is completely valid. You guys have to realize that not everyone who plays KH is as crazy into it as you are. Some people are viewing the games simply as they are; video games. They like the games because they're decent hack'n'slash type games with Disney shit in them, and people here love them because they love the story, adore the characters, and buy all the games and stuff. They have to play video games all the damn time, so maybe they can be critical of your favorite game.

iWin4Prep

Website
www.ronjoniak.org
I'm going to try and keep this as short as possible. Everything they say, aside from a few inaccuracies here and there, is completely valid. You guys have to realize that not everyone who plays KH is as crazy into it as you are. Some people are viewing the games simply as they are; video games. They like the games because they're decent hack'n'slash type games with Disney shit in them, and people here love them because they love the story, adore the characters, and buy all the games and stuff. They have to play video games all the damn time, so maybe they can be critical of your favorite game.

But... using inaccurate information represents laziness and ignorance on there end.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
But... using inaccurate information represents laziness and ignorance on there end.

Exactly.
It really doesn't cast a good light on them, especially since such things as "who is the enigmatic man" are known since 2006. And that surely not only to hardcore fans.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Yes, they're supposed to preview the games for eveyone; not bash them. Sure, opinions are great, but if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. Constructive criticism is wonderful, but complaining just cuz YOU didn't like something is unecessary. You want people to try it, so just enjoy it a bit. Even if you don't like it, somebody else will! :3

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

This pretty much.

Even though I don't agree with most of the points they made (simply because I didn't have those issues), I can see why f.e. someone didn't like the card system in CoM. Stuff like the Gummi Ship sequences in 1 and the drop system in DDD (even though it's a nice way to let the player experience the 2 stories at the same time), are things I as well do not consider being "fun".

What bugs me, though, is the inaccurate information. If you're going to do a preview, then at least make sure everything you say is valid. Which they didn't and which isn't really professional.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I don't think anyone in here is really upset by the comments they made towards the game because their opinions differ from ours.

Why you would automatically assume that's what everyone is concerned with even after watching that video is baffling to be honest. Think a bit more highly of your fellow members of the community why don't you?

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Oddly enough, I didn't have a problem with their conversation, despite some of the info being very inaccurate. This is not a professional commentary nor do I think it was intended to sound like one. Most of the complaints are ones we've heard before from fans, they show more adequate knowledge than IGN, and they seem to be enjoying the combat system. I had no problems with this video, except maybe skipping cutscenes.

At the rate which they switched worlds, it would appear they had multiple saves?

Either way, I'm Kingdom Hearts Krazy, but it's not hard to see where some of these opinions come from.

Exactly.
It really doesn't cast a good light on them, especially since such things as "who is the enigmatic man" are known since 2006. And that surely not only to hardcore fans.
There's always gonna be somebody who doesn't know who the egnimatic man is because either they didn't know about him, or they didn't understand the repeated references in Days and KH2. Those who already know already know. No need to cater to them, and it's no real effort to keep it covered for newbies either.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The problem wasn't their dislike of things. It's their opinion and they are free to have it. They get paid to have an opinion. The problem WAS the inaccurate information they were providing. Their job is to be informed so when they do these kinds of videos they can provide their audience with accurate information to eliminate misconceptions. That is what being a journalist is about: knowing your facts.

Not knowing when Tron came out (A: 1982)? Fine. Not knowing who the Enigmatic Man is despite this being common knowledge about the game you can google in five seconds? Not fine.

Most of us hate the gummi ships (and Kim acknowledged that there are people who do enjoy building the ships), most of us were frustrated at dropping in KH3D, and there are definitely a lot of people who didn't like the card battle system. Nobody is crapping on that at all. Hell, I think we've shown how critical we are of the series quite enough to show we don't mind when people have an opinion on it.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Two out of three did seem to know who enigmatic man was, but didn't want to say.

At least that's what I got from it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Look, I'm a bit annoyed that they bashed the games, yes, but only because of their incorrect information.
They're fine to have their own opinions of the game, but when they are so incorrect it kinda makes their opinions on it seem invalid.
It's clear that they had a lot more footage prepared as they jumped around. They could have easily googled some things so they weren't incorrect, cut out certain parts where they gave incorrect information and just left the video with something a bit more enjoyable than "most of the games suck, btw who is this man?"

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
^^yeah I agree.

However, after a while it was a bit funny to hear the completely incorrect information they were saying. Still overall I was very disappointed. It's a shame that stuff like this can happen, regardless on the game.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
At the end of time, listening to the drums...
It's pretty bad for newcomers too. If someone didn't know anything about Kingdom Hearts, and was thinking of buying 1.5 Remix, half the things they said in that video would dissuade them, and misinform them. It's just not professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back