• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy PS4 - "Please look forward to E3."

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo

No more XIII games and no remakes plz.Just get on with FF XV already!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Considering they said it was going to be a new final fantasy game...

Vəntus

Awards
Website
the-gapra-whitewood.tumblr.com
1. XIII, as far as Lightning Returns is concerned, isn't over. Only Lightning's Saga is.
2. Just because it isn't a new mythos/universe/world/cast of characters doesn't mean it isn't a new game.
3. FF Versus XIII is a XIII game...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Vəntus;5982557 said:
1. XIII, as far as Lightning Returns is concerned, isn't over. Only Lightning's Saga is.

I find it hard so see Square Enix to continue with XIII's story. Maybe in novels or a manga, but we won't be seeing anymore games within XIII's specific universe. Also when they are referring to the overall mythos, they refer to it by "Fabula Nova Crystallis", not really XIII.

3. FF Versus XIII is a XIII game...

I get where you're going with this...but at the same time I don't. Versus is only a "XIII" game in name, just like Agito XIII was before it was changed to Type-0. Beyond the shared mythos, there is nothing connecting Versus XIII to XIII and wouldn't be considered a part of the "XIII" line.

Vəntus

Awards
Website
I find it hard so see Square Enix to continue with XIII's story. Maybe in novels or a manga, but we won't be seeing anymore games within XIII's specific universe.
I find it hard to believe that that is fact as none of us are actually a part of Square Enix. And again, I'm not saying they will make a new XIII game but that there is a possibility of one being made. Especially with the fact that they did not explicitly say that FFXIII is done for, and that only Lightning's story is. You never really know with Square Enix...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Vəntus;5982574 said:
I find it hard to believe that that is fact as none of us are actually a part of Square Enix. And again, I'm not saying they will make a new XIII game but that there is a possibility of one being made. Especially with the fact that they did not explicitly say that FFXIII is done for, and that only Lightning's story is. You never really know with Square Enix...
Well, the fact that they keep calling XIII a trilogy defeats another game.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Vəntus;5982623 said:
I don't remember XIII being explicitly called a trilogy, but the Lightning Saga, sure.
Read the interview Sham published this morning
FFN: What is the most rewarding part of working on a Final Fantasy title like Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII? What part of development do you enjoy the most personally?

Toriyama: More than anything else, this title is part of the first trilogy ever in the FINAL FANTASY series. I am very happy that we were able to create the character Lightning, who has become so popular over the years, and the world in which she is involved. I also enjoy taking a different approach with the game with each installment, like we did for this trilogy.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Vəntus;5982628 said:
Ah I see. But I still don't see that they couldn't make another XIII game. It's unlikely, yes... but you never know...

There is literally no profit to be gained in another XIII game. XIII-2 sold well, but nowhere near what XIII did. LRFF is sure to sell less than XIII-2 considering the overall dissatisfaction over how XIII and XIII-2 were handled. Another game and Square Enix wouldn't just be losing money but whatever reputation they do have with the Final Fantasy franchise.

Besides Square Enix being done with XIII, I am certain the staff that have worked on the games are also ready to move on to a new project.

Vəntus;5982574 said:

Toriyama already said in an interview awhile back that he'd love to expand the XIII world in novels. It isn't a matter of being a part of SE, it's common sense. There is just nothing else to be done with XIII in a game capacity.

Last edited:

Vəntus

Awards
Website
LRFF is sure to sell less than XIII-2 considering the overall dissatisfaction over how XIII and XIII-2 were handled.
Did not realize you could tell the future. I suppose that's how you know there would be no XIII games on PS4.

Really, in the end, it doesn't matter so I don't see why you are so adamant over the fact that there would or would not be XIII games on PS4.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Vəntus;5982680 said:
Did not realize you could tell the future. I suppose that's how you know there would be no XIII games on PS4.

Really, in the end, it doesn't matter so I don't see why you are so adamant over the fact that there would or would not be XIII games on PS4.

There's definitely a misunderstanding here. Please reread Master Spockanort's post. She said nothing of the sort.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Vəntus;5982680 said:

Did I ever say I was predicting the future? It is just common sense. Square Enix is looking to sell big numbers in the console sector and they spent an entire generation struggling to do so. XIII as a whole has accomplished the opposite of what Square Enix wants: attracting new and old fans and turning a profit, and the overall disinterest in LRFF and the poor-to-mixed reception of XIII-2 shows that their maximum sale potential with the XIII series is rapidly dropping. The XIII trilogy has done nothing but damage the Final Fantasy brand and has further splintered the franchise's target audience.

People want to move on from XIII's universe and Square Enix can only benefit from doing so. Honestly the only reason XIII-2 was probably made was because it was cheap to make

I'm not saying there won't be a XIII game for PS4. I'm saying it isn't a probable thing to expect another game in the XIII universe because of these factors. Why are you even getting so upset over this?

Last edited:

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Someone's a XIII fan

Which is cool

Whatever it is, hopefully it gets us properlly excited and quills the anger of the raging "WHERE IS THIS?!" or "WHERE IS THAT?!"...nvm that'll never happen

Vəntus

Awards
Website
Why are you even getting so upset over this?
Because I actually liked the XIII games, because not many people are supportive of those games, unlike the numerous "Final Fantasy" fans. And I know the logical thing to do is end the XIII series but since I am so passionate about it I got upset. Additionally, it's my post, my views and all I said was that there is a chance for XIII games to be possibly made on the PS4. Not that they would make another, since the chance is unlikely but still, the chance is there. And you are denying ALL possibility of a XIII game, which isn't true.

Nevertheless, I am hoping the Final Fantasy game on PS4 is a good one and is EQUAL-to, if not better than, the Fabula Nova Crystallis games.

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Vəntus;5982708 said:
Because I actually liked the XIII games, because not many people are supportive of those games, unlike the numerous "Final Fantasy" fans. And I know the logical thing to do is end the XIII series but since I am so passionate about it I got upset.
Hey, I love Light and co. too but objectively XIII did more damage to the FF name than it did good.

Additionally, it's my post, my views and all I said was that there is a chance for XIII games to be possibly made on the PS4. Not that they would make another, since the chance is unlikely but still, the chance is there. And you are denying ALL possibility of a XIII game, which isn't true.
There is no chance for the XIII trilogy to get another game though; it's officially done with LRFF. The possibility that they may choose to do another game in the Fabula Nova Crystallis series is there but Light's world is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back