• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy PS4 - "Please look forward to E3."

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
Don't you think there would be a fair amount of backlash if it was Versus XIII? I mean, practically everyone has been expecting it to be a PS3 exclusive, lots of people even bought a PS3 JUST for Versus (Not a very smart move imo, but nevertheless, lots of people have.)

Saying it's "new" wouldn't really help the situation either if it's Versus. Sure, there's been barely ANY info on it, but it's been the most anticipated release from SE for nearly a damn decade. Some would see it s a slap to the face, because it's not new to anyone other than new or casual gamers.

I really hope it's XV or another title, not Versus with "XV" slapped on it, otherwise, it'd be the first main Final Fantasy title to share the same exact mythology from another Main FF title. Unless, of course, they could have made a lot of changes in these last few years, but again, I see backlash from that. And pissing off more raging fans is the very last thing SE needs right now.

This year could very well make or break Square Enix...Or the Final Fantasy Series, at the very least.

*Silently wishes the announcement would end up being a new Dissidia for consoles....*drools*...Well, one can dream >.>*

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Don't you think there would be a fair amount of backlash if it was Versus XIII? I mean, practically everyone has been expecting it to be a PS3 exclusive, lots of people even bought a PS3 JUST for Versus (Not a very smart move imo, but nevertheless, lots of people have.)

Saying it's "new" wouldn't really help the situation either if it's Versus. Sure, there's been barely ANY info on it, but it's been the most anticipated release from SE for nearly a damn decade. Some would see it s a slap to the face, because it's not new to anyone other than new or casual gamers.

I really hope it's XV or another title, not Versus with "XV" slapped on it, otherwise, it'd be the first main Final Fantasy title to share the same exact mythology from another Main FF title. Unless, of course, they could have made a lot of changes in these last few years, but again, I see backlash from that. And pissing off more raging fans is the very last thing SE needs right now.

This year could very well make or break Square Enix...Or the Final Fantasy Series, at the very least.

*Silently wishes the announcement would end up being a new Dissidia for consoles....*drools*...Well, one can dream >.>*

At this point, I think no one cares whether it comes out on PS3, PS4 or (most likely) PS5. Everyone just wants it to come out; regardless of whatever platform it is on.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Well Versus XIII was always different than XIII in its use of the mythos, as was Type-0 if we're going to talk about FNC games that make use of the mythos differently. I don't think it matters in the end because the games will be drastically different in how they deliver the story and mythos to the audience. It isn't different from how almost every FF game shares the same themes. And like Steve said, anything SE will do will bring them criticism. That won't be changing anytime soon. Their main goal is making a game that can and will please a big enough majority that it won't matter how much criticism they receive.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Poor Square Enix, even if they would make the best game ever, they will still get a lot of hate for it. Whining "fans".

Tuna Rum

Poor Square Enix, even if they would make the best game ever, they will still get a lot of hate for it. Whining "fans".

At the rate SE's going with the FF series, by time FFXX comes out (if at all) I will be on my deathbed. Quality over quantity, right? :confused:

Neo

That's so true.But still they could make improvements over the XIII series.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
That's what they get for not remaking FFVII.

imkidding
I don't care about a remake, I'd like to see FFVII-2 or whatever they wanna call it. For the ps4, it would be awesome. Not that I think this is that.

Neo

Forget about FF VII remakes and sequels already people.It's not happening.If you love FF VII then play FF VII.I honestly would prefer if they kept making new worlds, with new stories, new charcters and new worlds rather than recycle older games for remakes and sequels.Hopefully LR will be the last XIII game and we can move on to XV with a new setting and story.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
I don't care about a remake, I'd like to see FFVII-2 or whatever they wanna call it. For the ps4, it would be awesome. Not that I think this is that.

it's had two sequels already. i cannot possibly suspend my disbelief enough to sit through another world-threatening disaster conveniently starring this cast. especially if it has anything to do with gackt.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Please no. AC was a great place to end off FFVII's story, and DoC...was...um...interesting. I would rather they leave VII alone now. The Compilation is long past its prime. Give the world Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII remade for the 3DS like Tabata wanted because everybody loves the Turks and then put a rest to VII's story.

Awards
So, just what kind of experience is everyone hoping for from whatever this game is? (assuming it is actually a new FF)

I'm always interested in seeing what new characters there will be, and I'm hoping that the plot will be heavily character driven. I.E More akin to something like FF7-13, as apposed to 12.

And As for the gameplay I'm hoping they keep the ATB system, (which I'm sure they will) yet make in battle choices more extensive than they were in 13.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Whoa lol, well I can agree with not wanting a remake, but I don't get why no one would want to see a follow up to DoC's secret ending. I want to see Genesis' return dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back