• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy IX

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Final Fantasy IX - "This is an age-old ritual between friends!"

Yeah I don't see myself having too much fun with that, I'd much rather just grind in the beginning to level 10 or 15 or even 20 before continuing the game rather than holding my team back for stats. I've never been one for speed runs or anything like that. @_@ Still I feel like a jackass for never learning of this system.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Yeah I don't see myself having too much fun with that, I'd much rather just grind in the beginning to level 10 or 15 or even 20 before continuing the game rather than holding my team back for stats. I've never been one for speed runs or anything like that. @_@ Still I feel like a jackass for never learning of this system.

If I had no job / life I might have subjected myself to some torture for the Excalibur II, but it's all just a little too strict of a time limit that, in tandem with this level 1 game, just seems like it'd be a nightmare. I'll never do a full, completionist run of FFIX, because I love myself too much, but I could attain different goals different playthroughs.

Anyhoo, I'm in cahoots with you. FFIX was never acknowledged during the PS1 era for a PC platform, and still to this day, outside of the PSN network (which I didn't even realize for the longest time), it's just remained in the shadows.

Zul

Awards

Excal II is one thing I think I'll never do, RPG's are the kind of games I like to experience slowly and thoroughly.

I mean, you'd have to mash through the dialogue to get it so...

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

Have any of you guys ever maxed out any of the characters levels? Out of all of my playthroughs, I have never went over level 70.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Not yet. I'm hoping to obtain "max stats" this playthrough, albeit it truly doesn't exist in IX and is more in the eye of the beholder. I think I read it's not too difficult to get to level 99 when you can reach areas with specific enemies / EXP gains, but the stat growth is apparently a bit more complex with specific equipment and magic stones.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Excal II is one thing I think I'll never do, RPG's are the kind of games I like to experience slowly and thoroughly.

I mean, you'd have to mash through the dialogue to get it so...
You also have to open the disc drive to skip the 10 minute cutscene in the beginning as well.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

Have any of you guys ever maxed out any of the characters levels? Out of all of my playthroughs, I have never went over level 70.
I always max them out when I play. Usually I go to Daguerro and fight Grand Dragons as soon as you get an airship and get them the party to around 65-70. And then I wait to finish leveling them however much further after I've went through all the plot events.

I've never bothered trying to get Exalibur II either, because for me the enjoyment of games is going slow. I haven't beat Ozma before either.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

I always max them out when I play. Usually I go to Daguerro and fight Grand Dragons as soon as you get an airship and get them the party to around 65-70. And then I wait to finish leveling them however much further after I've went through all the plot events.

I've never bothered trying to get Exalibur II either, because for me the enjoyment of games is going slow. I haven't beat Ozma before either.

Indeed, it just felt like as if FF9 is that game where you don't need to go through that extra effort to make things interesting at your own end.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

Excalibur II is the one thing I never got in this game. I wanted to, but I have the PAL version where it was nearly impossible.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com

I can't believe this game is 15 years old...

old

old
old

*sobbu* ;A;

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

Such a fantastic game, and one of my favorite Final Fantasy ones, actually. I know I certainly wouldn't be the same without it.

Happy birthday, Final Fantasy IX! And may more people discover your wonder now--on this, your fifteenth birthday--than ever before:D

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

I discovered Final Fantasy IX two years back, and that summer that I started to playing that game. oh man.. My second favorite game of all time, and my favorite FF game(all thou the top kinda changes on what mood I am). I even bought the soundtrack of IX from Japan.
Dam, it must feel like decade to you guys who played this game when it was released. :D I started a second play trough of IX last year, but stopped somewhere around the second disc. Maybe after the 15 anniversary it is time to continue that playtrough.

EDIT: Oh, I remembered that I even defeated Ozma, and got the Ark summon for Garnet. Man it was cool to use it.

Last edited:

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It already has hit the 15th anniversary, it came out in 2000.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

Happy 15th Anniversary to FF9!

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

Now, I didn't get this from a official source but the video looks official!

[video=youtube;K20lI9b6XwE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K20lI9b6XwE[/video]

Would love a translation of the introduction text on Youtube since the bits I do understand tell me FF9 will be out on PC, which will tempt me to buy it then :)
Here's a little more from Gamerescape too.. May it come out in English..I have a soft spot for this game. :D

Muke

whatever
Awards

And here's the Trailer in English:

[video=youtube;4oDeSJI0qJc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oDeSJI0qJc[/video]

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

About. Damn. Time.

I am excited despite the fact that I've started this game up way too much.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Even though it's among my least favourite games in the series, this announcement makes me wish for a retail release of VII, VIII and IX for PS4.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

They really did forget about I & II on Steam, didn't they?

"With high-definition graphics, newly added achievements, auto-save, high speed mode, and several game boosting features, the game is easy to pick up and play no matter where you go."
There will be no going back to older releases with high speed mode.

Last edited:
Back