• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy IX

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Re: Final Fantasy IX - "This is an age-old ritual between friends!"

A PS4 version might not be so farfetched, but I think it'd be contingent on the sales of the FF7 port and a subsequent FF8.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

A PS4 version might not be so farfetched, but I think it'd be contingent on the sales of the FF7 port and a subsequent FF8.
This may be, but to my knowledge, [which has already been wrong, but whatever...] the PS4 has a harder time emulating older games like the PS1 for having different technology in it. The PS3 was capable [which is why all three are available on PSN, but even then suffers frame rate issues and weird other things], but the PS4 has a harder time.

I'm not sure what they'd need to do to make it available.

As for the 3DS, I still don't see it happening. If it does, VII will most likely come first out of the trio, maybe after something happens for V and VI, which for whatever reason has not happened. [or has it? i'm out of the loop, something may have happened for V]

So we would not see such an expansive port for a very long time outside of general hacks and rooting of the DS software. It may be able to handle it, considering games like Xenoblade and Monster Hunter and whatnot exist and work on it... Buuuut legal limitations, contracts, etc. could still get in the way of it happening right away.

Final Fantasy in general has shied away from Nintendo for years since VII brought such an impressive and iconic moment for Sony. But Square-Enix is also now working more with Nintendo than before with the amount of handheld remakes, Theatrhythm, Bravely Default, etc. And of course, Cloud's entry in Smash with the amount of care and small details he had, I do not doubt that they were talking to them for a while... It's hard to say, but I'm remaining speculative on anything happening past Final Fantasy VI for a 3DS release.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Oh, please not for the 3DS...
Anyways, cool. I'm not into smartphone games much, but if one game deserves a PC release, it's FF IX.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I doubt the FF PSX trio will see a 3DS re-release. It's possible that IX will get a release on the PS4 maybe four, to many months later.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

I doubt the FF PSX trio will see a 3DS re-release. It's possible that IX will get a release on the PS4 maybe four, to many months later.

I'd probably prefer that over the PC version, if it does happen.
Trophies, yaaay!

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

I'd be fine with either PS3 or PS4. 3DS would be okay (since I own one), but I'd prefer something attached to a TV over a handheld. If they don't make any other version, I might buy the PC one. That'll only be as a last resort, because I don't really play PC games outside of McGee's Alice back in the day, or mindless things like Solitaire, Zuma, etc.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'd be fine with either PS3 or PS4. 3DS would be okay (since I own one), but I'd prefer something attached to a TV over a handheld. If they don't make any other version, I might buy the PC one. That'll only be as a last resort, because I don't really play PC games outside of McGee's Alice back in the day, or mindless things like Solitaire, Zuma, etc.

IX is already available on ps3, vita, psp on PSN.

As for steam achievements being boring... I have no idea what you mean, Void. It's literally the same thing.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I'm not much of a PC gamer. Never been, actually. The closest I've been to being a PC gamer was like a decade ago when I tried playing Maplestory. I only made it to that mountain level where you can upgrade your Warrior (?) class.

Years later, still not interested into PC gaming, even though I've seen many games that are worth it, and Steam seems like a nice platform to support (and other companies besides SE are supporting by re-releasing titles on it).

But back on topic, I want to replay FF9, but not to the level of replaying it on a PC or mobile device. I'd rather wait for a PS4 re-release based on the PC version (much like how FF7's PS4 re-release is).

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

I really hope the PS4 PSN version comes soon but if I remember the gap between FFVII's release for mobile and PS4, it was quite a while. I think those no encounters will help immensely for the Excalibur II run; although I shiver just thinking about it as I've never done it before.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

Me, I became a PC gamer out of necessity since money is tight. Managed to afford the $$ to ask my brother to build me a pc with (and a friend helped me get Windows; My brother btw will build pcs for family but you have to supply the parts) before Gran died; before that, I played FF11 PC (witness the old gaming pc) and well, emulators and such.

Now I got consoles and can play some of the games I wasn't able to, but PC still works for me in some cases. :) There's a reason I have a DS3(PS3 controller) hooked up to the PC. Heck, I play FFXIV PC and am trying to save for not only some new clothes, but a new hdd so I can get the XIII series (Well, they come with 95% of the DLC, so that's cool) and play them.

As for this, I'd love to revisit this. I'm still the only one in the house that gave the beatdown to Ozma, btw. ^^

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm a bit confused at what the problem is. The game will run on virtually any running PC today, and you can plug in your controllers, especially ps4 controllers in EASILY. What is being lost here????

It is the same thing.

Why do you guys want it on a console that can't run it that badly?

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

I mostly want a physical release of the new versions of VII, VIII and IX because the original PAL versions are rubbish and while I own the NTSC versions, I'd rather just be able to play these games and have them look as good as possible on a modern TV - without just owning them digitally.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

You could do what my friend is doing with VII and mod it?idk

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

As for steam achievements being boring... I have no idea what you mean, Void. It's literally the same thing.

No it's not. :c
First of all, I love the "pling" sound whenever you get a playstation trophy. And I prefer the way they are displayed. What's more is that most of my game trophies are...well, on my PSN account, and I like getting more (I really want 1000, okay...).
It's just a personal thing, I know, but for me, it's very different. :c

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

You could do what my friend is doing with VII and mod it?idk

You mean tracking down the original PC release and then install mods? Yes, I can do that. With both VII and VIII. But not IX. On the other hand, the original PC releases of those two games are not optimised for modern computers.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

IX is already available on ps3
The high-speed version? Because if you're just talking about sticking the old version into the PS3... Yeah, I've already done that. It's not what I'm talking about.

Back