• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy 7 remake?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
yeah, there was nothing wrong with the battle system. however, i wouldn't want it to be the exact same game (even though i think it's great how it is). if they were to make a new one, i keep most the things and add (or maybe change a little bit) to the game.

for the battle system, it could be the same, but maybe just a little more...idk complex. im not quite sure how to describe it, but i would be a little more eventful.

Sunset Horizons

Website
www.drunkmonkeyproductions.net
Why do people hate FF7 because it's popular and has a strong fanbase?

You're all just miserable people who can't face up to what an inspiration this game is. I don't think it's the "best game ever", and may even agree with some of the things you say, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate this very good game. Most arguments are based on silly things like you not liking to read.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Why do people hate FF7 because it's popular and has a strong fanbase?

You're all just miserable people who can't face up to what an inspiration this game is. I don't think it's the "best game ever", and may even agree with some of the things you say, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate this very good game. Most arguments are based on silly things like you not liking to read.

No, thats not why I hate it.. It's a decent game, nothing ground breaking like people make it out to be..

Djordjevic

ff7 is personally my favourite game of all time...and i must be one of the only people who is a fan of the game that doesn't want a remake.....all in all its only the graphics that need tuning up, but i personally like the graphics, the old cube hands an all....its what adds to the ff7 experience.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
So you hate it because it's not ground breaking? So you hate Halo as well?

I didnt say I hated because it wasn't ground breaking.. People act like its the very first JRPG ever made and there is nothing wrong with it.

FFVII is far form the best JRPG and its far form the best FF.

The Jordan

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
FFVII at the time was epic. It was one of the best games available. Thousands upon thousands of people loved it and many still do. People have great memories of it and it brought them into RPGs. If you hate it for making RPGs popular then I find that a daft reason.

Omni_VII

PSWii C:
It's probably the first RPG that a lot of people played. I know it's the first proper one that I played. Pokemon doesn't count.

By the way, since when was it hip to dislike FFVII, like how anime fans dislike DBZ now?

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
FFVII at the time was epic. It was one of the best games available. Thousands upon thousands of people loved it and many still do. People have great memories of it and it brought them into RPGs. If you hate it for making RPGs popular then I find that a daft reason.

It wasnt the best, like people make it out to be.. Just because it was you're first JRPG doesnt make the best JRPG of all time..

The Jordan

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Super Eclipse, please just read my post again. It isn't about me personally.
I didn't say it was the best, I said it was one of the best at the time in most people's opinions.
I didn't say everyone makes it out to be the best, I said people loved/love it.
I didn't say it was my first JRPG, I didn't say anything at all about myself.

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
FF7 was the first FF game I played and my first RPG beside handheld rpg but I would love to see a remake so it could take me back to the first time I played it

sephy 9 2 5

FF7 was ground breaking at the time when it was released. It was easily one of the best games when it was first released. Stop comparing FF7 to current times. It was the best of its time. The only game that rivaled it was Xenogears.

Maybe at the 2007 SE party they'll announce it.

Wishful thinking. <_<

Cid Highwind

The Captain
It wasnt the best, like people make it out to be.. Just because it was you're first JRPG doesnt make the best JRPG of all time..

so people aren't entitled to their opinions?

ik that ichi said it wasn't his favorite game or first game, but to many people it is their favorite game of all time. ffvii isn't my favorite game either, but it's probably my favorite final fantasy. for me, i really liked the setting to the game, modern, people with guns on their arms, weapons (ruby, ultima, emerald, diamond), and other things. i think the people who don't like this game are those that like the final fantasies in the time of kingdoms and their are knights and such.

S

Shadow Soldier

FF7 was ground breaking at the time when it was released. It was easily one of the best games when it was first released. Stop comparing FF7 to current times. It was the best of its time. The only game that rivaled it was Xenogears.

Maybe at the 2007 SE party they'll announce it.

Wishful thinking. <_<

There were tons of other games that rivaled FFVII. I think many will agree with me when I say Goldeneye was a far better game than Final Fantasy VII. Maybe Xeno could rival it on its console, but between other consoles, there were alot of better games.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
^I would have to disagree. In it's time, FF7 was the groundbreaking RPG. It had everything, graphics, story, music, gameplay. It was the first to do all this right on the 3D generation and that's probably why it got so popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back