• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy 7 remake?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
why is it that so many people consider "first" to = "best"? who cares if it opened the RPG genre? that was a long time ago. there have been many better games since then. people need to learn to move on to games that are ACTUALLY GOOD!

They also have the right to consider Final Fantasy VII a good game, in which it was and is in a lot of folks' opinions. It's not that it was the first 3D RPG, it was the first RPG that was truly cinematic and featured elements not seen in other videogames of it's time. Also, a lot of people love the materia system used in Final Fantasy VII, so they find the battles a fun endeavor as well. As far as the whole "text-based" ramble; had the PSone CDs been capable of holding the monstrous amount of room and effort it takes to put in voice acting, Final Fantasy VII would have had it.

ryoji1337

Yes but it still sets the standard for nearly all RPGs that are released to this very date.

Most (Possibley 70%+ ) Have not even hit par with FFVII's rankings though. And those who have were just barely able to. x_x Usually those that did were another FF game anyways.
Yes, IX > VII

RikuDestiny

Just remember testsuya is well known for his character designs for final fantasy 7..... hes done a lot and came far. But they said a little while ago that it will take 400 staff members to remake the whole game.... so im not so sure theyre thinking about remaking it.....

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
This would be the biggest waist of time ever in gaming history. They barely have any good games out for their systems and they would waist years of work on this. I would prefer them making a full scale FFVII RPG that concludes this series once and for all. But either way this wouldn't be on the 360 so who cares.

RikuDestiny

A lot of guys are hoping... but its not gonna happen. Hey, I love the characters but i bet if they did remake it, it would go out of stock in a month..... there are so many people who wants this be a reality, but like i said forgetaboutit.

S

Shadow Soldier

If anything Final Fantasy VIII deserves to be remade. That was a great game that people didnt really understand or liked how the game looked. The CGI was amazing, but the in game graphics werent.

RikuDestiny

well actually i heard theyre making that into a movie.... who knows... but lets not be in our mid thirties waiting for something to happen...

Deeman

out of order
Awards
Website
www.khinsider.com
For me, FFVII is an instant classic. I love and always will love that game. The graphics were horrible, I know, but the gripping story, awesome battles, and spectacular cinematics (for their time, of course) made this game great. Also, its value has been going up increasingly. The last time my brother saw it, it was $180 >.<

I don't think it's comparable to modern games like FFXII, which, in my opinion, was terrific. Each game has its own feel to it. Some may not like FFVII's, but then some may like FFXII's. I like both.

ryoji1337

I know, someone should totally buy out the rest of the market.
W/o them out there anymore no one will able to play it anymore and they'll go mad.

Sell them for 10k each.
You'll prolly sell half of the ones you buy within a year or two. xD

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
They should've just made an epic FFVII sequel RPG game in the style of Marvel Ultimate Alliance. It would've been way better than DoC.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
For me, FFVII is an instant classic. I love and always will love that game. The graphics were horrible, I know, but the gripping story, awesome battles, and spectacular cinematics (for their time, of course) made this game great. Also, its value has been going up increasingly. The last time my brother saw it, it was $180 >.<

I don't think it's comparable to modern games like FFXII, which, in my opinion, was terrific. Each game has its own feel to it. Some may not like FFVII's, but then some may like FFXII's. I like both.

same here for me. idk how to describe it, but ffvii had a certain "feel" to it that i really enjoyed. i loved the characters and just everything about it.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
If they remake FFVII I'm fine with it and suport it as long as the only thing they update is the graphics. Nothing else needs to be changed. Except the line where Jenova says "Beacause you are a puppet."

To bad because they will be lots of changes too it..

Plus, its a waste of money just remake a game with better gfx.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
i wouldn't want a lot of changes, but some would be nice. updated graphics of course, and adding things instead of changing the game would be better. im not sure if a new battle system would be good or not. i mean, they could still have the command box but real time? idk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back