• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy 7 remake?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RikuDestiny

well i cant see what u said cause im on a school computer.... but i brought it up because i noticed tat square stop remaking the final fantasys at number 6. thats why i started it.....

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
FFI-6 wasn't really remakes, they was ports..

Ports was are easy. They costed Square no money at all really.. The only remake was FFIII.

I agree FFVII sucks. FFVII fanboys need to move on.. I mean you got a movie, a book and spin offs.. MOVE ON.. FFVII isnt the best, I want new games not remakes of games I already played.

Last edited:

Covered in Bees

FLYNN LIVES!!!
Walking out at night, alone. Bumping into street s
I dont see what's so great about FF7. Sure, it had pretty graphics for it's time, but that's about it. The gameplay is basically just a text based adventure. Doesn't get much more complex than that. Not to mention, the story isn't as "epic" as people make it out to be. There were very few plot twists, it was completely predictable. Not to mention, it was entirely cliched and unoriginal.

ryoji1337

I did hear a rumor a long time back before the ps3 was even out that they'd remake VII for it then I read in a magazine from sony obviously that they weren't going to do it but make spin offs or whatnot instead of the psp and ds but ofcourse I then read on a couple places online which now elude me that they WERE going to remake it.
IDK!!!!!

If they remake it, good! If they don't, oh well! We'll live! Except for a few fans who will commit multiple suicide! But who cares about them anyways?! They're emo, they die alone. >_>;

I'd probably pick it up if it came out, I'd almost pick up any remake. I even bought the ports just so I could play them on the go. Doesn't matter if it's nothing new, I'd just be happy with a few new weapons and a new dungeon. >_>

So let them decide what they're gonna do. As far as I know it, VII is probably still their biggest cash cow of the FF series.

keybladeboi

A.K.A. Skylvia
i agree.

i really like the FFVII series, but its abit over kill and the fanboy-ism is abit too far which kills it for the rest of us silent fans.

its even worse when people like it just for the pictures, yet never played the game. they just like sephiroth's long silver hair and uber katana, and clouds bustersword.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
if they want to remake an old 3D square game, why not try working on a good one, like Parasite Eve? Parasite Eve > Final Fantasy VII

or Xenogears etc..

I'd like to see a Parasite Eve 3, more then I would a remake of it.. Though PE1 and 2 would look smexy on 360 and PS3 :p

I dont see what's so great about FF7. Sure, it had pretty graphics for it's time, but that's about it. The gameplay is basically just a text based adventure. Doesn't get much more complex than that. Not to mention, the story isn't as "epic" as people make it out to be. There were very few plot twists, it was completely predictable. Not to mention, it was entirely cliched and unoriginal.
Same, I see a just another meh JRPG.

Plus I don't get why everyone acts like Aerith was first main character to die in a game. Also it's not like fanboys are going to recapture the magic form when the first played it.

ryoji1337

I LOVED XENOGEARS! xD
Alot more then Xenosaga even. I actually don't care for Xenosaga alot.
If they remade Xenogears the way they had it, control wise and not like xenosaga controls work I'd buy like 20 copies.

If they made it like xenosaga control wise, I'd kill someone. >.<;

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net

Graphics: Dated, but it was the first one of it's kind.

Gameplay: Text-based adventure. Yeah. That's how RPGs used to be. You don't like reading?

Story: I'd say it was pretty epic. As far as plot twists, there were plenty. I'd suggest you finish disc one. Cliche? For it's time, it was an original and awesome story. Up until then, most RPGs were swords and sorcery. ( With a slight exception to FFVI, which dabbled in this. ) Up after that, a lot of RPGs and anime copied the themes that FFVII presented.

A lot of people like to hate on FFVII because it has such a large and renewing fanbase. Really, Final Fantasy VII was what opened the RPG genre into America.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Hmmmm...personally, not so excited about a Final Fantasy VII remake, but I guess any sort of remake would be cool...however, people would be expecting other remakes as well. However, whether or not that would be a bad thing for Squeenix is hard to tell...I mean, I'd probably buy a remake or two, if they were decent. Especially if they made a Final Fantasy IX one...with voices...*drool*

ryoji1337

O_O IX was my favorite!
XD!!!
I'd have to buy it too. With voices, I'd be pissed if they made fun of it or just got someone crappy to do the voices. Don't want vivi sounding like E.T. XD;

Covered in Bees

FLYNN LIVES!!!
Walking out at night, alone. Bumping into street s
Graphics: Dated, but it was the first one of it's kind.

Gameplay: Text-based adventure. Yeah. That's how RPGs used to be. You don't like reading?

Story: I'd say it was pretty epic. As far as plot twists, there were plenty. I'd suggest you finish disc one. Cliche? For it's time, it was an original and awesome story. Up until then, most RPGs were swords and sorcery. ( With a slight exception to FFVI, which dabbled in this. ) Up after that, a lot of RPGs and anime copied the themes that FFVII presented.

A lot of people like to hate on FFVII because it has such a large and renewing fanbase. Really, Final Fantasy VII was what opened the RPG genre into America.

why is it that so many people consider "first" to = "best"? who cares if it opened the RPG genre? that was a long time ago. there have been many better games since then. people need to learn to move on to games that are ACTUALLY GOOD!

ryoji1337

Some people still like the classics alot though, even if they are outdated.
Some if not alot consider classics to still be superior over the new generation.
They may not all be fans but they're still easy to find these people too.
=O
I myself would play about 10 SNES games rather then ANY game released with the past couple years. >_>

"NEW" Isn't always better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back