• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Famitsu's D23 Expo Japan 2018 Recap

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
Re: Famitsu's D23 Expo Japan 2018 Recap

Yeah and if Marluxia is a member he would've been sitting at one of the thrones, because the thirteenth is not very likely going to be him. Probably a big shock factor character. Alright, I get that and that was an oversight on my part, but I feel that my other gripes are legitimate.

Except unlike Braig, Marluxia's Somebody wielded a Keyblade. So he doen't need Xehanort's help to get one. He should be able to do it on his own since Marluxia gained his heart back.

There's absolutely nothing confirming Lauriam is a Keyblade wielder at this time. Even so there's no proof Marluxia can still wield one if Lauriam was one.

Vaddix

Awards

Except unlike Braig, Marluxia's Somebody wielded a Keyblade. So he doen't need Xehanort's help to get one. He should be able to do it on his own since Marluxia gained his heart back.

Except we don't really know that he does, now do we?
There is certainly evidence that he may, but no certainty as to whether he really did wield a keyblade.

Edit: Ninja'd by KeyToDestiny above

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

We don't know if "Lauriam" in the present time can still wield or if he either lost his Keyblade or maybe got it sealed.
As shown with Way to the Dawn in the newest trailer Keyblades can break and become unusable somehow.

Not to mention that there is still no hint towards how exactly the whole "Unchained"/Union Cross business and reality is connected with the present day story and era so Lauriam having one in Unchained isn't a guarantee that he has one in the present.

---

Also, on that whole idea of an independent "Dandelion"-Organisation mentioned earlier, I'd certainly say that such a move would be fitting for Nomura's usual "surprises" and twists, but personally I'm not too fond of the imagery of the Dandelions/Unchained-characters intruding on the present-era storyline and events.
Considering how awful the scripts can often be the danger of overcrowding an already rather big cast to juggle (which Nomura even admitted in a recent interview) and spotlight-stealing par excellence is certainly there.

KeyToDestiny

Awards

We don't know if "Lauriam" in the present time can still wield or if he either lost his Keyblade or maybe got it sealed.
As shown with Way to the Dawn in the newest trailer Keyblades can break and become unusable somehow.

Not to mention that there is still no hint towards how exactly the whole "Unchained"/Union Cross business and reality is connected with the present day story and era so Lauriam having one in Unchained isn't a guarantee that he has one in the present.

---

Also, on that whole idea of an independent "Dandelion"-Organisation mentioned earlier, I'd certainly say that such a move would be fitting for Nomura's usual "surprises" and twists, but personally I'm not too fond of the imagery of the Dandelions/Unchained-characters intruding on the present-era storyline and events.
Considering how awful the scripts can often be the danger of overcrowding an already rather big cast to juggle (which Nomura even admitted in a recent interview) and spotlight-stealing par excellence is certainly there.

Even then Marluxia said "Shin Juusan Kinkan". Juusan Kinkan is translated as Organization XIII. Don't see how in any way someone could draw upon the Dandelions based on that and not the Organization XIII running around in different worlds causing trouble.

Hakan Xatos

Awards

Okay maybe the Keyblade got broke or sealed. That's fine. However if not then I don't see why he shouldn't be able to still wield it when you have Lea, with no prior key slinging, able to wield one.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Xemnas can also wield the Keyblade but chooses not too. Maybe Marluxia could be the same, but we have no actual proof that this is the case.

KeyToDestiny

Awards

Okay maybe the Keyblade got broke or sealed. That's fine. However if not then I don't see why he shouldn't be able to still wield it when you have Lea, with no prior key slinging, able to wield one.

As I mentioned before

1. There's no real proof Laruiam himself even had a Keyblade since he could easily be the traitor who eliminated Strelitzia.

2.Xemnas who's the nobody of Keyblade wielders doesn't wield one himself. Sure Nomura suggested that he may intentionally choose not to wield one there's still no real indication he could wield one and using Xehanort's Keyblade armor isn't real proof aince he could have dished out a Keyblade then as well. Point is like Xemnas, Marluxia may have lost the ability to wield or can't wield for some given reason. This on the basis that Lauriam is a Keyblade wielder which once again isn't confirmed yet.

3. Not sure why you used Lea as point of comparison. He went through the ceremony to wield one. There's nothing shown Marluxia did the same thing.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Even then Marluxia said "Shin Juusan Kinkan". Juusan Kinkan is translated as Organization XIII. Don't see how in any way someone could draw upon the Dandelions based on that and not the Organization XIII running around in different worlds causing trouble.

That too.
Lol, some people just love to have their imagination run wild, but sometimes it gets too wild.
Not to mention that it is not even clear if Marluxia remembers anything from the Unchained-era and even if he theoretically does, if he actually gives a damn is another can of worms.
Considering how he acted in CoM Marluxia doesn't strike me as a person who would cling too much to the past.

Lea is a completely different pair of shoes since he a) got the ceremony from either Yen Sid or Mickey and b) trained in a time chamber with Merlin and the three fairies to speed up his "wielder-status".

We don't even know how Marluxia/Lauriam even crossed from one era to the other, regardless in which direction, so the assumption that something interfered with his Keyblade (and no new one choosing him) is not that farfetched.

KeyToDestiny

Awards

That too.
Lol, some people just love to have their imagination run wild, but sometimes it gets too wild.
Not to mention that it is not even clear if Marluxia remembers anything from the Unchained-era and even if he theoretically does, if he actually gives a damn is another can of worms.
Considering how he acted in CoM Marluxia doesn't strike me as a person who would cling too much to the past

Exactly. There's nothing showing or shown that Marluxia remembers anything from the Chi era. Granted this is all new revelations from last year and Marluxia hasn't been relevant in like 10 or more years. Still there's no proof at the moment. Just headcanon. He could be like Ventus and not remember that time period. Plus as you said there's nothing showing Marluxia gives a damn at all about that time period even if he remembers.

I think the strong denial of Marluxia being with Xehanort's Organization XIII is because people want Marluxia to not fall into the same pattern as Ansem and Xemnas with the whole "previous main antagonist being a pawn of the bigger bad". Like I get it but still....

Hakan Xatos

Awards

As I mentioned before

1. There's no real proof Laruiam himself even had a Keyblade since he could easily be the traitor who eliminated Strelitzia.

2.Xemnas who's the nobody of Keyblade wielders doesn't wield one himself. Sure Nomura suggested that he may intentionally choose not to wield one there's still no real indication he could wield one and using Xehanort's Keyblade armor isn't real proof aince he could have dished out a Keyblade then as well. Point is like Xemnas, Marluxia may have lost the ability to wield or can't wield for some given reason. This on the basis that Lauriam is a Keyblade wielder which once again isn't confirmed yet.

3. Not sure why you used Lea as point of comparison. He went through the ceremony to wield one. There's nothing shown Marluxia did the same thing.

1. I think he is, because they found the silhouette is shaped like him. If he didn't wield a Keyblade then he'd be an imposter not a traitor. A traitor sounds like a Keyblade wielder that betrayed and killed one of his own to take her spot. In other words he had to be part of the dandelions to gain trust and betray it. If not then he's an imposter that never had any loyalty to begin with. It may be a mistake in translation though.

2. If Marluxia is like Xemnas and can summon Keyblade, but chooses not to then what reason would he have to join the new Organization? They may have lost the ability as a Nobody, but it's possible they could wield it again when they regained their hearts.

3. Maybe that was a bad example. However Riku didn't have to go through a second ceremony to gain a Keyblade. If Marluxia wielded one before he shouldn't have to go through a ceremony again either.

That's all I care to write at the moment. I may be wrong, but I want to be sure. I'm not going to just accept other unsubstantiated info over my unsubstantiated opinions. I like my opinion and will adjust when canon is released. I'm also not ruling out Marluxia running a facade to get revenge on Xehanort either. Which makes me wonder about Xehanort's judgement.

KeyToDestiny

Awards

1. I think he is, because they found the silhouette is shaped like him. If he didn't wield a Keyblade then he'd be an imposter not a traitor. A traitor sounds like a Keyblade wielder that betrayed and killed one of his own to take her spot. In other words he had to be part of the dandelions to gain trust and betray it. If not then he's an imposter that never had any loyalty to begin with. It may be a mistake in translation though.

2. If Marluxia is like Xemnas and can summon Keyblade, but chooses not to then what reason would he have to join the new Organization? They may have lost the ability as a Nobody, but it's possible they could wield it again when they regained their hearts.

3. Maybe that was a bad example. However Riku didn't have to go through a second ceremony to gain a Keyblade. If Marluxia wielded one before he shouldn't have to go through a ceremony again either.

That's all I care to write at the moment. I may be wrong, but I want to be sure. I'm not going to just accept other unsubstantiated info over my unsubstantiated opinions. I like my opinion and will adjust when canon is released. I'm also not ruling out Marluxia running a facade to get revenge on Xehanort either. Which makes me wonder about Xehanort's judgement.

1. Again while it's possible he's the traitor it's also possible he isn't. I just used that bit as an example. Also if it was him then he could also be an imposter too since nothing says they're mutually exclusive. Him being a traitor doesn't necessarily need to indicate he's a Keyblade wielder. He could easily be affiliated with the Unions in another way if it all. Either way it could go either way. We can agree on that.

2. Again on the basis of Lauriam being a Keyblade wielder it's possible that Marluxia somehow lost the ability to wield one himself or lost his Keyblade. Most of the Organization nobodies have memories of their original selves so Marluxia shouldn't be any different especially since Nobodies are revealed able to grow a heart.

3. Well again as I said it's possible Marluxia lost the ability to wield one assuming Lauriam was a Keyblade wielder. We don't really know nor can confirm either way. All we can go with for what we know of Marluxia himself is that he couldn't wield a Keyblade and wanted one himself even if he had to use Sora.

And as for "unsubstantiated info".... you realize it's more of your unsubstantiated theory vs. Marluxia's own words. Also the whole "Marluxia is lying about what he said" seems like the epitome of reaching at this point. Don't know why he would lie about such a thing.

Hakan Xatos

Awards

So you just take everything at face value and not expect any misdirection? Cool. Why wouldn't he betray again or maybe a third time if he is considered the traitor in Union Cross? Yeah I'm reaching lol.

KeyToDestiny

Awards

So you just take everything at face value and not expect any misdirection? Cool. Why wouldn't he betray again or maybe a third time if he is considered the traitor in Union Cross? Yeah I'm reaching lol.

When you come up with a better argument than.....that, I will be waiting. KH is known for misdirection but also known to be straight to the point or obvious.

Until then there's nothing more to say. At this point you're arguing against what a character said in game in favor of your headcanon that has little to no substance behind it.

Last edited:

Hakan Xatos

Awards

Why? Based on that response I won't need to. I can tell that you just don't want to hear opinions that differ from your own. Cheers!

UltimaXOmega

Organization XIII has Saix who's a traitor and wanted the kid who arcade moded half their members down.
I can't wait until people lose it when Largeness returns.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Question:
Has anyone pondered the possibility that perhaps Marluxia is a past version that was brought back from time and that Lauriam is somewhere out there? I know time-traveling works by going to a point in time where you have a version of yourself, but what if Marluxia is in the present because of the piece of Xehanort's heart he was seeded with? Maybe Xehanort decided to change the circumstances around Marluxia and see if the seeding works this time.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Question:
Has anyone pondered the possibility that perhaps Marluxia is a past version that was brought back from time and that Lauriam is somewhere out there? I know time-traveling works by going to a point in time where you have a version of yourself, but what if Marluxia is in the present because of the piece of Xehanort's heart he was seeded with? Maybe Xehanort decided to change the circumstances around Marluxia and see if the seeding works this time.

Time travel is certainly a possible explanation/action as well.
If some version of Marluxia/Lauriam does exist in the present time of KH III it is possible for a version of the past to travel forward, either by himself or by being "summoned" by someone else.

Beyond the reasoning of wanting power and "overthrowing" the Organisation it was never further explored as to why, and more importantly when Marluxia decided to form a rebellion and go traitor.
If he got nabbed from the past before he had his Rebellion plan build up perhaps there could be a different outcome regarding his loyalty, even independent from a possible Xehanort seed.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

Organization XIII has Saix who's a traitor and wanted the kid who arcade moded half their members down.

That's all that really needs to be said about the whole "Marluxia has weakness of trust" thing.
Also Saix was ultimately responsible for the elimination of two of Xemnas most trusted members.

As others have pointed out, Xemnas list of flaws was more of a way to confirm not all members would be back than anything specific about WHY some members won't be back.
Besides, if the whole point is that Master Xehanort's will will eventually overpower the vessel's and making it share purpose and goals, "weakness of trust" shouldn't really play any part at all when picking candidates.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

If some version of Marluxia/Lauriam does exist in the present time of KH III it is possible for a version of the past to travel forward, either by himself or by being "summoned" by someone else.
From a narrative point of view, it makes sense to include Marluxia in KINGDOM HEARTS III, seeing as how he's also tied to the KHUx story, and the Ux lore will be heavily tied. And from a plot point of view, Marluxia is just too powerful of an individual to not "Nortify". He created a copy of himself that gave Sora a challenge, and basically has one and two "monstrous" forms.

Also, the same could be said about previous Organization XIII members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back