• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Famitsu's D23 Expo Japan 2018 Recap

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Re: Famitsu's D23 Expo Japan 2018 Recap

it's also possible that some summons/links will be situational and some won't be.

anyway the entire point of them being situational (aside from ensuring they work in the space where they are used) is to balance the game and keep Sora from being TOO powerful with too many moves and options to do at any time.

personally i like the idea of environmental summons because i feel like it helps makes the worlds' environments feel more real and attached. it's not just something that will happen everywhere but something that happens because of the specifics of that world.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

In past games you could freely choose when to use most attacks.
In previous games you could only freely use attack. You had to wait until you had enough magic before you could cast it. You had to have enough in the drive gauge before you could change form. You had to wait until a command cooled down before you could use it again. It isn’t quite on the same level as attacks being given in certain environments, but you still had to meet certain conditions before you could use anything that wasn’t attack.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

In previous games you could only freely use attack. You had to wait until you had enough magic before you could cast it. You had to have enough in the drive gauge before you could change form. You had to wait until a command cooled down before you could use it again. It isn’t quite on the same level as attacks being given in certain environments, but you still had to meet certain conditions before you could use anything that wasn’t attack.

This

Pervious games did stuff like this before, what's stopping now because summons work different like FFXV? Granted I've been spoiler free so have no clue than take what here and the internet say.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

In past games you could freely choose when to use most attacks.
Big Hero 6,Toy Story,Monsters Inc etc are unlikely to have any water at all. Having a summon be exclusive to 1-2 world's lakes is ridiculous.
Then you have RNG Disney rides and Keyblade transformations that will likely be unuseable once you're overleveled. Having to work for something? Running to a puddle and RNG is working for something? Also these are ATTACKS not equipment. I do not want another combat system trainwreck like FFXV.

What makes you think that most keyblades will be unusable once you get to a higher level in this game? If anything, KHIII has done more than enough to convince us that the keyblades will be distinctly differentiated this time, past just giving them different stats.

On top of this, and this is going to be said later, but literally everything required something in the previous games. You couldn't use magic without mana, now could you? Environmental effects would simply be a restriction. I don't see why SanFransokyo wouldn't have water, either, since it's not like it's a dry city in the movie. Isn't there a giant island they have to fly to? That would have water.

it's also possible that some summons/links will be situational and some won't be.

anyway the entire point of them being situational (aside from ensuring they work in the space where they are used) is to balance the game and keep Sora from being TOO powerful with too many moves and options to do at any time.

personally i like the idea of environmental summons because i feel like it helps makes the worlds' environments feel more real and attached. it's not just something that will happen everywhere but something that happens because of the specifics of that world.

Yeah, interactivity sounds cool! Plus, Sora having this many abilities has never happened before, so there had better be restrictions like that on some of them. On the same vein, it'd be bad if you could just summon the train for literally everything without any real work or restraints put on it. You couldn't use master form without Donald & Goofy, for example. Maybe it could be similar to that?

^
This.

This

Pervious games did stuff like this before, what's stopping now because summons work different like FFXV? Granted I've been spoiler free so have no clue than take what here and the internet say.

It's not confirmed that they work differently, it's just speculation. Good on you for staying spoiler free, though!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

-In place of the “Old” Organization XIII, blocking Sora’s path in KH3 is the “True” Organization XIII.

Despite being defeated by Sora while apart of the Old Organization, Marluxia appears to also be a part of the new one? As for the reason for his revival, and whether his goals match with those of the True Organization XIII’s leader, Master Xehanort, all remain a mystery.

I really needed to read this. Oh, it's good to get a little bit of clarification while also dangling more of this mystery.

Sora and friends encounter Mike and Sulley, who they mistake to be bullying a small human girl.
OH MY GOD

(Screenshot of Sora, Mike, Sulley, Donald, Goofy pulling “scary” faces)
Combining forces with all your friends, Link Attacks have also been prepared for use. In the trailer, we see Sora grab Mike, who shouts “What are you doing!?”, and throws him like a bowling ball toward enemies who seem to be lined up like pins.

There we go, Fami says that is a Link Attack.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

I really needed to read this. Oh, it's good to get a little bit of clarification while also dangling more of this mystery.

OH MY GOD

Ah its nice to know it is a link for sure, its strange the UI disappears....

Also yea still being vague about certain requirements for the links, but it also is vague about what benefits they have. I mean we can see Meow Wow is an attack of sorts...but maybe they all aren't? I hope at least the character stays on screen, like Bambi for instance. He didn't fight but his effect still had him "involved" lol, instead of just a pic of their smiling face like BBS.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards

Unfortunatley, it’s still kind of ambiguous what that attack with Mike is specifically. They don’t state “Link” as they do with the Ariel and Meow Wow “summons”, where they draw similarity to BBS’s dimension link. The wording is slightly different, and could potentially mean a “combination” attack, like we saw with Goofy in one of the trailers, which may again be separate from the Ariel/Meow Wow type Links.
It’s ambiguous at best, but for sure, the one with Mike can be translated as “Combination Attack/Move” or “Link Attack/Move”.

This is just my opinion from here, but I think Famitsu separated the attack with Mike explanation from the other one involving Ariel/Meow Wow because they seem different to each other, but Famitsu isn’t entirely sure ether as they’re just commenting on what they were shown.

Whether it actually is a link attack or not is still a mystery, unfortunately. What sort of name they give it is beyond me, but to me it seems more like a combination attack that’ll work when some sort of condition is fulfilled, more so than the other “Link” attacks which they specifically mentioned separately. Maybe similar to in KH2 (was it KH2?) when you’d fight Hades with Hercules and you could press triangle to corporate with Hercules at certain points, except something more advanced.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Unfortunatley, it’s still kind of ambiguous what that attack with Mike is specifically. They don’t state “Link” as they do with the Ariel and Meow Wow “summons”, where they draw similarity to BBS’s dimension link. The wording is slightly different, and could potentially mean a “combination” attack, like we saw with Goofy in one of the trailers, which may again be separate from the Ariel/Meow Wow type Links.
It’s ambiguous at best, but for sure, the one with Mike can be translated as “Combination Attack/Move” or “Link Attack/Move”.

This is just my opinion from here, but I think Famitsu separated the attack with Mike explanation from the other one involving Ariel/Meow Wow because they seem different to each other, but Famitsu isn’t entirely sure ether as they’re just commenting on what they were shown.

Whether it actually is a link attack or not is still a mystery, unfortunately. What sort of name they give it is beyond me, but to me it seems more like a combination attack that’ll work when some sort of condition is fulfilled, more so than the other “Link” attacks which they specifically mentioned separately. Maybe similar to in KH2 (was it KH2?) when you’d fight Hades with Hercules and you could press triangle to corporate with Hercules at certain points, except something more advanced.
Oh yeah, sorry for the confusion! A party attack is what I mean, like the limits. I forgot for a hot second that Summons are now Links, but I absolutely meant what you're talking about!

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Xemnas, after DDD: *dramatic arm sweeping* "Xigbaaaar, I had you review my monologue. So why didn't you tell me we're allowing traitors in the new Organizaation XIII? Do you not realize how *dramatic pause* embarrassing this is?"

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

Appearing countless times in the series as the stage for many important scenes, the Dark Margin. Could it be that they’ve come to search for her, the Keyblade Master?

The pronoun game is still strong I see.
I wonder if in KH III they'll have TAV's character info in the Journal under "???" until you finally meet them.

Good to have gotten that clarification bit on Marluxia.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Xemnas, after DDD: *dramatic arm sweeping* "Xigbaaaar, I had you review my monologue. So why didn't you tell me we're allowing traitors in the new Organizaation XIII? Do you not realize how *dramatic pause* embarrassing this is?"

Old coot Xehanort sure has very contradictory characters in his Organization. Wonder if there's going to be any further backstabbing with this new group? I mean, Marluxia's true intentions are still ambiguous at best and we've yet to understand Xigbar's investment in the Keyblade War.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

As stated in the DDD Ultimania, Master Xehanort has the ability to override the will and intentions of any of his vessels and take direct control as he wishes, so for all intents and purposes it doesn't matter if Marluxia or anyone else has their own intentions apart from MX.

If these own intentions have no negative impact on his own ambitions, MX will likely let them be but if they do prove to be contrary to what he wants MX will just take over via direct control and force compliance.

Now of course it is not stated how many vessels he can directly control at once (if he even can take direct control over more than one) and how much strain it put on him.
It has been shown that he has at least difficulties to keep Terra in line so if he has multiple cases like him it might become an interesting plot point if Xehanort's whole conceitedness and ignorance about just using other hearts as pawns for his own ambitions will finally get to bite him in the ass at some part during KH III's run.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

In place of the Old Organization XIII, blocking Sora's path in KH3 is the True Organization XIII.Despite being defeated by Sora while apart of the Old Organization, Marluxia appears to also be a part of the new one? As for the reason for his revival, and whether his goals match with those of the True Organization XIII's leader, Master Xehanort, all remain a mystery.

Hmm, the article seems to be implying some sort of coup that'll happen with Marluxia. Maybe he was Xehanort's last choice after Sora fell through and he's keeping an eye on whether or not he's trustworthy? This will end up being very interesting I think!

Additionally, in the series' oldest story to date, Kingdom Hearts Union Cross, we encounter a figure named Lauriam who bears a striking resemblance to Marluxia.

HOLY, CRAP, JUST SAY ONE WORD, NOMURA. SOMEBODY. JUST SAY HE'S HIS SOMEBODY, IT'S NOT THAT HARD. EVERYONE KNOWS IT.

The key to the story lies within the power of children?
In the top left corner of some screenshots we can see a small icon of a face accompanied by a gauge labelled LAUGH POWER. While it's been said that the screams of horrified children are able to generate energy, in reality it's not only those screams that can do it. The power of a laugh is also able to generate huge energy. Perhaps the act of entertaining Boo, making her cry out in laughter, will be useful within battle?

This sounds like fun! Wonder what type of attacks will make her laugh?

(Upper page 43, screenshot of Sora sliding on a rail)As seen in the original film, we can see the warehouse which stores the huge amount of doors linked to children's rooms in the human world. In this segment we can see Sora sliding on one of the rails, with the command Take Cover available, which appears to be a gimmick that allows Sora to hide himself from enemies.

So, is this a true gimmick or a common feature of these rails?

(Screenshot of Sora, Mike, Sulley, Donald, Goofy pulling scary faces)Combining forces with all your friends, Link Attacks have also been prepared for use. In the trailer, we see Sora grab Mike, who shouts What are you doing!?, and throws him like a bowling ball toward enemies who seem to be lined up like pins.

Ha, I KNEW IT. That Mike move was an actual attack and not a cutscene! Although I hope that they're really called limits or something; Link Attacks is too similar to Links.

As for travelling between worlds? Of course, the Gummi Ship returns<
While embarking off to each world, you will be able to control and play a shooting style game with the Gummi Ship. In KH3, you will be able to control the Gummi Ship in all fields of motion, and fly freely among space while fighting large numbers of enemies. Additionally, the flying segments are split into two phases: Battle and Searching Phase. Perhaps there'll also be the possibility to fly out searching for items?

Already saw this in the pre-conference, just excited that Gummi Ship combat is returning :D Birth by Sleep made me appreciate it a whole lot.

(Picture of Sora riding Meow Wow)Beginning with Meow Wow, the Dream Eaters that made their appearances in KH3D all gather around Sora! Could it be that upon visiting them all at the end of KH3D, Sora gained this new power!?

Well, guess we know what the secret from the end of 0.2 was! Does that mean that Sora will have this starting in Olympus, though? I could see this being the introductory Link for Sora, since the bond was formed before the game happened.

Appearing in Birth By Sleep in the form of the Dimension Link, the Link System in KH3 is a similar idea where you are able to lend upon the power of your friends afar. Upon fulfilling certain requirements, those who have connected with Sora's heart, like Ariel and Meow Wow, will make a temporary appearance on screen, bringing all sorts of bonuses and effects.

Bonuses and effects, huh? I could see this giving Sora special attacks, like the D-Links did in Birth by Sleep, I just don't know how they would handle it. My interest has been piqued, however, and I am excited to see what happens from here. I imagine this is what Nomura wished he could have done developing Birth by Sleep.

-------------------

Overall, this was a pretty solid article. I felt like some good information was shared here, however there was a lot of repetition from before the magazine came out. That's to be expected with these things, so I'm happy with what we've got.

Anyone else feel the same about Meow Wow's involvement? I'm really predicting that Meow Wow is going to be the introductory Link that we'll have access to during the tutorial sections.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Famitsu&#039;s D23 Expo Japan 2018 Recap

Hmm, the article seems to be implying some sort of coup that'll happen with Marluxia. Maybe he was Xehanort's last choice after Sora fell through and he's keeping an eye on whether or not he's trustworthy? This will end up being very interesting I think!

HOLY, CRAP, JUST SAY ONE WORD, NOMURA. SOMEBODY. JUST SAY HE'S HIS SOMEBODY, IT'S NOT THAT HARD. EVERYONE KNOWS IT.

This sounds like fun! Wonder what type of attacks will make her laugh?

So, is this a true gimmick or a common feature of these rails?

Ha, I KNEW IT. That Mike move was an actual attack and not a cutscene! Although I hope that they're really called limits or something; Link Attacks is too similar to Links.

Already saw this in the pre-conference, just excited that Gummi Ship combat is returning :D Birth by Sleep made me appreciate it a whole lot.

Well, guess we know what the secret from the end of 0.2 was! Does that mean that Sora will have this starting in Olympus, though? I could see this being the introductory Link for Sora, since the bond was formed before the game happened.

Bonuses and effects, huh? I could see this giving Sora special attacks, like the D-Links did in Birth by Sleep, I just don't know how they would handle it. My interest has been piqued, however, and I am excited to see what happens from here. I imagine this is what Nomura wished he could have done developing Birth by Sleep.

-------------------

Overall, this was a pretty solid article. I felt like some good information was shared here, however there was a lot of repetition from before the magazine came out. That's to be expected with these things, so I'm happy with what we've got.

Anyone else feel the same about Meow Wow's involvement? I'm really predicting that Meow Wow is going to be the introductory Link that we'll have access to during the tutorial sections.

Yes I also think Meow Wow will be the first Link. Since it happens right before the events of the game. Also it just seems like a "starting" one to me lol.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

There is the possibility that Marluxia (the Nobody) is actually the combination of two beings. Xemnas is Xehanort + Terra and Roxas is Sora + Ventus. So from that perspective, he may be Marluxia's Nobody but he may also be associated with another "character"...

(Inserted shameless theory plug: https://forums.khinsider.com/kingdo...e-reincarnation-theory-eraqus-striletzia.html)

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

Now we've just got to wait it out until Aerith is teased to be a PoH in the next trailer

this is super sarcastic for those wondering

Awards

Now we've just got to wait it out until Aerith is teased to be a PoH in the next trailer

this is super sarcastic for those wondering

Good one tho

7%2520%2528Bonus%2529.gif

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Has anyone considered that Marluxia could have conjured one of his copies to visit Sora which is why he appears in his normal state? If I were him, I wouldn’t risk confronting Sora in person if I didn’t have to after what happened last time. Lol

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

If Marluxia was present at the end of Dream Drop Distance, then he knows that Sora is weaker than ever before.

Besides, Xemnas and Ansem confronted Sora and Riku after being blown to smithereens before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back