• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Famitsu's D23 Expo Japan 2018 Recap

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

meep2meep

Awards
Re: Famitsu's D23 Expo Japan 2018 Recap

Random thought no real evidence to support it. Marluxia may have found the chamber of waking. I know only Aqua knows how to find it but maybe using namine he was able to find it due to Ven and Sora's connection. It would partially explain how vanitas knew vens heart was in sora.

D

Deleted member 248644

Time travel is certainly a possible explanation/action as well.
If some version of Marluxia/Lauriam does exist in the present time of KH III it is possible for a version of the past to travel forward, either by himself or by being "summoned" by someone else.
That's exactly what I thought.

Marluxia's end in CoM > Lauriam human again in the present > Marluxia from the past before the events of CoM can travel to future.

Occam's razor.

UltimaXOmega

It seems the garbage summoning system from FFXV is returning.
To summon, you need to fulfill "special conditions".

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

From a narrative point of view, it makes sense to include Marluxia in KINGDOM HEARTS III, seeing as how he's also tied to the KHUx story, and the Ux lore will be heavily tied. And from a plot point of view, Marluxia is just too powerful of an individual to not "Nortify". He created a copy of himself that gave Sora a challenge, and basically has one and two "monstrous" forms.

Also, the same could be said about previous Organization XIII members.

meta-wise it makes also sense because he was the main antagonist of one of the previous games just like Ansem SoD, Xemnas and Young Xehanort were.

Random thought no real evidence to support it. Marluxia may have found the chamber of waking. I know only Aqua knows how to find it but maybe using namine he was able to find it due to Ven and Sora's connection. It would partially explain how vanitas knew vens heart was in sora.

If it would be possible to find the chamber using the method you describe Xemnas would have used it.

There is no indicator that Marluxia is even in any capacity interested in finding the chamber much less even knows it exists.
Xemnas was obsessed with finding it while Saix was at least interested, but nothing points towards Marluxia.

Vanitas knowing that Ven's heart is in Sora can be explained much easier by his own connection with Ventus.
Despite having two independent hearts now they are still connected because Vanitas originally spawned from Ventus.

That's exactly what I thought.

Marluxia's end in CoM > Lauriam human again in the present > Marluxia from the past before the events of CoM can travel to future.

Occam's razor.

There's one logic error though as Marluxia in the trailer states he's delighted to see Sora "again", meaning if he's a time traveler he can't be from before CoM, only from during CoM.

If one remembers that the first part of the final battle in CoM was a double of Marluxia it is within possibility that on some other occasions during CoM the Marluxia being seen is also a double while the "real" Marluxia is on a time trip to KH III times.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It seems the garbage summoning system from FFXV is returning.
To summon, you need to fulfill "special conditions".
Fulfill special conditions before using it. Just like every other gameplay mechanic in the game except regular attacks and magic.

D

Deleted member 248644

can't be from before CoM, only from during CoM.
Yes, you're right. I explained bad sorry, I mean before defeating him of course xD

And also yes with the other thing about Marluxia's double.

Awards

Fulfill special conditions before using it. Just like every other gameplay mechanic in the game except regular attacks and magic.
This is actually pretty odd, since the summons, also known as Links, have a slot on the command menu.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

This is actually pretty odd, since the summons, also known as Links, have a slot on the command menu.
It could require certain circumstances. It has been theorised, and highly likely, that Ariel is only available near water. That kind of special circumstance is inline with everything else where you get certain commands by using certain attacks and magic. I recognise that Links is its own command but this isn’t really exactly new.

Leaferian

Awards

So are the translations of those scans actually coming? It feels like it has been quite a while with no update...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

So are the translations of those scans actually coming? It feels like it has been quite a while with no update...
Our translators have very, very busy lives and have personal things to attend to so fitting in time to translate news is not always an easy task but translations are coming.

Awards

It could require certain circumstances. It has been theorised, and highly likely, that Ariel is only available near water. That kind of special circumstance is inline with everything else where you get certain commands by using certain attacks and magic. I recognise that Links is its own command but this isn’t really exactly new.

I'm really looking forward to that lol I think it will be way better than Summons lol

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I'm really looking forward to that lol I think it will be way better than Summons lol
Should be neat since with Meow Wow it does tie into gameplay and you do have control over it. In the past you could only use summons under certain circumstances (KH1 you needed enough magic, you could only summon once per battle and KH2 you needed enough drive gauge) and both gave you flexibility with attacks.

UltimaXOmega

Environmental summons is a garbage idea that should have been left in FFXV.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Environmental summons is a garbage idea that should have been left in FFXV.
It’s only a theory so far, there’s no point getting frustrated or upset over something unconfirmed. Like I said before, summons have previously required various circumstances before being able to be used in battle, the same might be in place here.

Leaferian

Awards

Our translators have very, very busy lives and have personal things to attend to so fitting in time to translate news is not always an easy task but translations are coming.

Ohhhhhhhh, I understand now. I was under the mistaken impression that some sort of official translation was on the way, rather than peeps doing translations on off time or what have you. My apologies if I seemed impatient.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

It’s only a theory so far, there’s no point getting frustrated or upset over something unconfirmed. Like I said before, summons have previously required various circumstances before being able to be used in battle, the same might be in place here.

Environmental Summons is an idea with potential that should be further explored, especially on a game like KH where mechanics are polished neatly.

UltimaXOmega

So the only things we can freely use are combos and magic?
No good reason to have both Attraction Flow and Summons be conditional. I can already see the secret bosses being awful especially after the Aqua mirror fight.

Awards

No good reason to have both Attraction Flow and Summons be conditional. I can already see the secret bosses being awful especially after the Aqua mirror fight.

No negativity on this site

tulla2.gif

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

I know, right? It's like, what's the point if you have to work for something or use it in a specific place?!

Obviously I'm being sarcastic, as this is a pretty stupid argument. Don't get me wrong, I get it if you're talking about keyblade transformations; I understand being upset about how it doesn't seem like you have much control in switching into the drive forms (at least none shown so far).

At the same time, however, there's no indication so far that attraction flow and summons/links are actually highly conditional, with the teacup and the boat already being shown in several places and the summons/links only being theoretically conditional. Seriously, and this is not directed at you, but anyone taking Chaser's comment as truth should keep in mind that Chaser is only theorizing that based on an educated guess, and that it's not proven true just because they said it.

What Chaser said sounds pretty cool, though. I'd be completely fine with environmental/situational links in the game, as it seems like adding any inhibitors to any attacks in this game is pretty necessary due to the sheer amount of things you can do.

Sorry if I sounded harsh during that, I'm just peeved about the number of people taking so many theories as Word of God in these trailers.

UltimaXOmega

In past games you could freely choose when to use most attacks.
Big Hero 6,Toy Story,Monsters Inc etc are unlikely to have any water at all. Having a summon be exclusive to 1-2 world's lakes is ridiculous.
Then you have RNG Disney rides and Keyblade transformations that will likely be unuseable once you're overleveled. Having to work for something? Running to a puddle and RNG is working for something? Also these are ATTACKS not equipment. I do not want another combat system trainwreck like FFXV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back