• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Face Down the Sun Graphics

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
Re: .::.The Dragoon's Hub - Graphics Shop.::.

See i was prepared to leave things as they are ignoring how you bashed me as such accusing me of other things and assuming i meant other things in my words when they were what they were. i didn't once say any of you sucked i just said you were not that good. you decided to get all angry and pissy about it and began to rant and rave on about how RUDE i was. i meant no offense in my post earlier. now if you wanted me to say something mean about your skills and shop i would but im not that type of person. Xidon got to you before i did but thats a different topic entirely.

Why do you make it your goal to respond to everything i said. my last post i was talking to mon and you just had to make your voice heard.

Quote:
You say you do not do graphics not for fun

??????? I didn't once say i don't do it for fun. i said i do it for fun and i have also another motivation that keeps me going. Ive tried my hardest to hold my tongue here but your making it VERY hard. for you to make me look like this self righteous jerk off makes me .......Really mad. Im one of the GFX artist around here that gets tired of those people that think there better than everyone else and have this so called god complex. that comment you made about me being a premium member....So what i dont care if i am a premium member i don't use my title like that and make it known that im a higher member than others so you were out of line with that one im sorry but its the truth.

Was i wrong in Posting here before. yea i was but im sorry when i see one of my Pet peeves i just have to speak my mind. O and one more thing......"QUIT IMPLYING THAT I IMPLIED SOMETHING! God.....honestly everything i say you imply that i am implying some sort of hidden diss or message. the Photoshop thing like you assume that i meant that only people with money can make good graphics. I didnt say anything about photoshop to be exact. so quit that act.

On a lighter note im sure you and SRR will be great GFX artist in the near future i used to be a rookie to Graphics and i wasnt that good but i kept practicing till i got to the level i am now. and for you to say the artist look Same-ish god that bothers me i put hours of effort into my work and i have TONS of different styles for you to say something like that is completely ....ugh nvm

On a even lighter note i wish you the best SRR if ya ever need any tutorials or help or any sources just Let me know man if ya want i can be like yoru guide or something. and if need me i can help ya.. so Goodbye i wont be posting here anymore im leavin on this note...

This all started when i pointed out that ya needed more skill before you open a signature shop and you decided to make this a massive argument. if i wanted to offend you then i would have did it. this wasn't me being offensive. but if need be i can make that happen.

Good luck and happy trials and all that other stuff that means good job =P
Fair enough I did tell you I wanted to leave it at that aswell, and more on, and thats fine I do.

Seconded man x] you know you rock right Xid? XD

Well, even if sigs get to look all 'same-ish' at times it's just because we practice more and more every day *nod* by doing 'same-ish' sigs it's like..how to explain trying to master a kind of style then move to the othr one it's just like taht x]
Fair enough, but why master somthing when you could expand you're knowledge, I mean, please no offence to all you who want to master a skill. Im just saying this as an outsider stating that if you remain as good as you are with the same technique people become bored with it and just go, oh she's good, then move on. As soon as people see somthing new and different they seem either scared of it or drawn to it.
Let me explain,
I use to watch the TV show dancing with the Stars, anyways there's always been a couple who were infact very good from the start, but, because they had lifted such a high bar level standard and they were good every week, they had no room to improve. People got bored with them, and they lost public support cause people are just like "Aww they're going to get in anyway, their so good" So the ended up getting knocked out of the competition. Im not aiming this at anyone mind you, not you FK or you Xelhes, just somthing to think of as I've seen being a new comer into the graphics business. It's very nice to master your skills as such, but remember that you too are also making sigs for people, they expect a new and different creation, not that they aren't Im just saying people don't want a copy just cause you can do somthing well, they want a unique creation that they are going to love.

Geenralizing it's not that way, cos not all the artists are like that, I suppose that if following a tutorial to learn how to be able to make one specific kind of sig it's copying then..then I guess..*thinks* I guess that cos of that we should be self-taught and mes with the programme and we get something that wont be pleasant in our eyes (referring to us so called 'good artists' group that Im not on btw XD).
Im pleased that we can all talk light hearted here, infact I'd prefer it takes, the heat out of the conversation, doesn't it make it quite so stressfull if you know what it means, I do believe I replied to the statment of generalising and I apologised for it.

This proves wrong any statement that says that Gimp sucks <3 (made with PS though XD)
Ok, true, I admit defeat on that one, I do refuse to use a tutorial, like you said, the self taught artist, Im one of those. I see no creativity in those telling me what to do and what my creation should look like, I create things on how I invision them looking not how anyone else does! :)

When ya have the will to improve and ..well..have in mind that you want to beat us e who have just been called 'repetitive kind of artist' in a way XD then send me a PM and I'll try to help yah out.
Oh do not mis-understand me, like I said I was not aiming the statment at anyone like youself. Infact I have seen majority of your work look very different. *Claps for you* but I can think of one person in particular (there are others so no names mentioned here) that appears to use the very same technique all over again on each sig. Each person kindly thanks them for their wonderful art, you scroll down the shop and find well, it looks the same as the next just different colours and pictures. That was the type of artist I was talking about. And yes I am willing to improve me techniques, so long as I do not lose the joy for what I have to do. I would send you a PM but I know you are a very busy girl in what you do so I wouldn't dream of taking up your time like that. No, I plan to remain self-taught and continue making myself better and better, starting from Rookie, like you guys said and working up. I refuse to let any statements faze me about saying I should be better before I've done this because I want to learn along the way. I've found that most of my best works were accidents that I just magically did one day XD. The I worked out how to do em, lol.

One las thing, good luck. Improve if ya guys want and if ya have the will to ^^;
Thankyou, we'll need it! :) but I asure you, we do have the will, and really this conflict has just made my will stronger in wanting to do so, so Thankyou for that!

Now about those requests... I do assure you guys not to fret and Im on my way to school now, infact Im late :eek: oops lol, anyways me and SRR will work on em probably this after noon!

M

Miss Murder

Well you've missed some of the point Xelhes and the others were trying to get to you, SSIC.

Your Graphics do not suck, but perhaps you should both extend your own personal skills before filling out the graphics requests of other people on this forum. The reason for this being that when you're filling out someone elses request, it may not be exactly the best way to improve. I suppose it is difficult getting that point across, but there you have it.

Ultima Star

Can I still wait for you?
Awards
Website
z15.invisionfree.com

ara ara *shakes head* (=so I see, so I see) well...=/ tutorials are something that really CAN help you y'know ..remaining self-taught is good at times but when you're starting you should like..well..try to learn at least some new techniques by reading and if ya dont want to follow a tutorial then ya should just read it and while making graphics in your own way you can try and use them combining stuff and such helps at times.

Lol possibly someone got bored of the same styles....but I havent heard such a thing right now XD ..and seems like anything I try to tell ya to reason and try to learn more stuff (which will be good for you and you know it) you wont listen...soooooo

*puts hands together*lt's elave it like that, ganbatte! =] (=do your best)

Kazuma

For the Real not the Fake
Website
kazu52.deviantart.com

ara ara *shakes head* (=so I see, so I see) well...=/ tutorials are something that really CAN help you y'know ..remaining self-taught is good at times but when you're starting you should like..well..try to learn at least some new techniques by reading and if ya dont want to follow a tutorial then ya should just read it and while making graphics in your own way you can try and use them combining stuff and such helps at times.

Lol possibly someone got bored of the same styles....but I havent heard such a thing right now XD ..and seems like anything I try to tell ya to reason and try to learn more stuff (which will be good for you and you know it) you wont listen...soooooo

*puts hands together*lt's elave it like that, ganbatte! =] (=do your best)
It's really hard with out tuts trust me. For the reason you don't know everything in the program and you can't use it to it's fullest extent. Hell took me a 3 weeks till i knew what a gradient was, and use right without ****in up the stock. So tuts help ALOT .
I don't try to master on technique I use it, mix it up on it. You won't get better doing request because most of the time you want to stick, no are going to stick to the same style and not accidentally mess it up. You only truly get better with self practice.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!

Thankyou everyone for your words of wisdom, I guess yesterday I was in a kinda bad mood, I guess when everyone all attacked me at once and embarrased me and SRR on this thread I imediatley felt the need for retaliation. I know it was wrong to take it out on you guys.

I will explain somthing to you guys though, I forgot to mention. I do infact realise my graphics skills need work, you aren't the first people to tell me that. Infact I am taking a graphics editing class at school and learning a lot. I guess it just gets hard though when the teacher knows absolutely nothing, lol. Still most of the Stuff we do is on Illustrator, no help on the gimp but, oh well, I am learning stuff so no worries.

I do apologise for any offence my messages may have come across just Xelhes picked the wrong time to tell me that. Im thinking a lot more rationally, I guess the way it came across by saying our graphic work burned his eyes as such I snapped and didn't really take it as help. I guess there are way you should word things and ways you shouldn't anyways. I now know all you guys were trying to do is help and I thank you for that.

However I would like to continue this thread on the basis, that actually my best works have come from accidents and I have a lot of trouble pleasing myself with things. I asked for a chance to prove myself for you guys so I will not try to fail. Infact Im still determined that if any requests come in I am ready to give em ago, so please I do beg you, no more words on the past I want to move on from it now, infact I wish I could start with a fresh clean slate so I hope you guys will understand.

AoD I'm working on your sig now, SRR will work on his version when he's free. :)

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!

Don't worry, SRS and SSIC, i'm sure all of you can improve! Practice makes perfect XD
Ganbatte ne! <3
I know that you two are always trying your best to start this thread!
Go go go!!! X3
Hey! Thanks for the support mate!

Here's my attempt of you sig AoD, I must say it looked much better when I was makin it lol.

AoDsig.gif

Link:http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u112/xxxpreciousgemxxx/AoDsig.gif

Hope you like it!

Im now going to do PoH's request, so stay tuned. :)

Last edited:

Angel Of Death

Nice try, but its kinda plain. Why did you make the stock black and white?

Trescopy-1.jpg

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!

Trescopy-1.jpg

I made it Black and white cause I reckon it make it looks cooler/darker also make him stand out more. Im sorry you didn't like it. I did everything you asked of me, I used ur bg picture, I used ur sizing. I serriously worked hard on it and did what you asked of me.

I didn't see it as plan at all but if you are unsatisfied fair enough. I still thought you were just being nice and giving me a shot knowing that yes I'm new to the business but I have the will and determination to try and make people happy... looks like you could have done it urself anyways... :glare:

Last edited:

Angel Of Death

I made it Black and white cause I reckon it make it looks cooler/darker also make him stand out more. Im sorry you didn't like it. I did everything you asked of me, I used ur bg picture, I used ur sizing. I serriously worked hard on it and did what you asked of me.

I didn't see it as plan at all but if you are unsatisfied fair enough looks like you could have done it urself anyways... :glare:

The request was a joke. I knew you guys wouldn't be able to pull off something i would like xD

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!

The request was a joke. I knew you guys wouldn't be able to pull off something i would like xD
Im sorry but I don't think it rather funny at all! It may shock you but I actually have a lot more important things to do with my time than waste my time on people like yourselves.

If you think it is overly hilarious to waste a person's time think again, this is a very busy time of year for me I have homework coming out of my ears, I don't like the thought of having my precious hours wasted by a practical joke!

Last edited:

Angel Of Death

Im sorry but I don't think it rather funny at all! It may shock you but I actually have a lot more important things to do with my time than waste my time on people like yourselves.

If you think it is overly hilarious to waste a person's time think again, this is a very busy time of year for me I have homework coming out of my ears, I don't like the thought of having my precious hours wasted but a practical joke!

Then you shouldn't have a sig shop open.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards

Exactly what SSIC said! We both work hard on these to please people, and then you go and do something like this! F u mate

Angel Of Death

Exactly what SSIC said! We both work hard on these to please people, and then you go and do something like this! F u mate

No need to swear SRR, it was more of a test then a joke, i just wanted to see what level of gfx you guys are on. I really think you should read some tuts.

Xidon

Not highscoring in life

Angel of Death... lets see... you made a request in 3 different sigshops at the same time, 2 of them made your request and not only did you choose not to wear them, thus wasting the sigmakers time, but you were offensive when saying that both tags were "Nice trys" or even better "I knew you couldn't pull it off".

Mind if I ask you what gives you the right to act superior and better then these people and bothering them?
Well I now your poor skill level doesn't give you that right so how about telling me what does?

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!

WE have a sig shop open because we enjoy making people happy, and enjoy being creative. I do not like my creativity wasted on those who think it funny to waste a person's time!

I could have been making my friend PoH's sig and have finished it now if you hadn't done that! I would actually have prefered to do it instead of yours, but Im not a picky graphic artist, I don't chose my customers they chose me! I enjoy the challenge, but what's the use of taking a challenge with no prize I ask you. Infact it is not nice for you to go and crush a person's self esteem like that! A JOKE IS FUNNY, THAT WAS NOT!

Angel of Death... lets see... you made a request in 3 different sigshops at the same time, 2 of them made your request and not only did you choose not to wear them, thus wasting the sigmakers time, but you were offensive when saying that both tags were "Nice trys" or even better "I knew you couldn't pull it off".
3 sig shops aye? Hmm... this doesn't look good for your reputation around these parts then eh?

No need to swear SRR, it was more of a test then a joke, i just wanted to see what level of gfx you guys are on. I really think you should read some tuts.
U tested us? Well If I asked for a test I would be going to school, oh wait I am and im taking classes! I do know think you have the right to waste people's time and effort like that, I don;t feel I should have to impress the likes of you anyways!

Last edited:

Angel Of Death

My reputation? Pretty sure everyone who knows me knows i don't care about reputation. And I didnt waste your time xD You got to make a sig, and you got CnC from it.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!

And I didnt waste your time xD You got to make a sig, and you got CnC from it.
CnC? I presume that mean's constructive ctrisim. How is "I thing you need to look at some tutorials" constructive? It's not saying anything new that other people have said, the thing is I don't learn from turtorials I learn from accidents I make that turn out good lol. I learn by having a play around myself. I've tried things like tutorials they don't work for me.
I knew you guys wouldn't be able to pull off something i would like xD
I ask you how is that constructive? That's just seems to make you look all high and mighty by making others look sucky. I'm sorry but that just makes you a low life. Some people that have critised me on here I found respect for, because they weren't to high and mighty to try and help us and they didn't try to make us look like idiots,

Mind if I ask you what gives you the right to act superior and better then these people and bothering them?
Well I now your poor skill level doesn't give you that right so how about telling me what does?
I tell you what Xidon, total burnage there, but still I would like to hear those questions answered...

Angel Of Death

Hmm... nothing really gives me right to act superior and better then these guys, and yeah i guess i shouldn't bother them....

Gah, i guess im sorry, if your guys need any help with your sig shop pm me, oh and if you would like Photoshop CS2 I can help you with that too.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!

Gah, i guess im sorry, if your guys need any help with your sig shop pm me, oh and if you would like Photoshop CS2 I can help you with that too.
Apology accepted! :)
Now I most definately want to get the past behind us now!
So no hard feelings Aye?

It's real nice of you to offer to help us, aswell, Not sure I want a trail version of photo shop, id get too attached. lol. And find that I would be driven insane by not having it, only to be brought to the truth that gimp is just and extremely awesome version of paint. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back