• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Face Down the Sun Graphics

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Re: .::.The Dragoon's Hub - Graphics Shop.::.

Nah, it's all good. We know your supporting us, thats the important bit]

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!

guys,did i say something offensive to you?
No, Why'd you say that? You're defending us and I thank you for it! We need as much support we can get I guess, but, Still I doubt that it'd stop us if we didn't get any, Well It wouldn't stop me, Im proud of what I do and I love doing it, so no one can take that away from me!

To Xelhes: If you wish to discuss this further, I would much rather you send me a PM about it. I don't partically want to spam here. Thanks,

Now people, Who's up for a Sig or avvie made aye?

Lancelot

Awards

Yeah, lets get back to business! And Haku, u don't need to say anything, we've noticed you going in and out. Lets just leave it at this n move on pls

Elorah

Awards

I agree in a way that if you have something that isn't exactly, pleasant to say, it would best be said via a PM or something less public than a post for all to see. Although, I do respect the opinions of people who prefer other people's sig work to SeaSalt's and SRR's. That is one of the many reasons why there is such a wide variety of sig shops to choose from. It gives a person the option of viewing many different ideas, and ultimately choosing their preference.

So, it is fair enough that you are not the biggest fan of my friend's work. However, you must remember that they are indeed, just starting off at this, and sig making is a hobby. It's not the best thing to crush their self-esteem and make them feel bad as artists. Besides, how are they going to improve in the future if they can't start off without being harshly criticised?

Ohh and by the way, I'm very happy with the sig you made me, SeaSalt ^_^

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!

Ohh and by the way, I'm very happy with the sig you made me, SeaSalt ^_^
You're most welcome! I guess there's really nothing left to be said then, we shall move on now and will!

HURRAY FOR MR.SSR AND SEASALT!!good luck!!
Thanks man!
*Does peace sign*
Peace out!

Hmm we do have supporters! XD

On with the requests if anyone's brave to ask after the harsh treatment, I am genuinly a nice person, really, I am. So please I would be over-joyed for you to give us a request now!

Xidon

Not highscoring in life

The point is SRR and myself do enjoy making a sig shop and our arkwork is UNIQUE! We have no fancy programs like Photoshop, we use plain old gimp,

Now no we are not waiting till we get better because we make do with the best stuff we have, I no certainly I can't afford a program for sig creating that costs over 100 dollars, not in my budget, are you saying that only people who come from wealthy families can make sigs? I think not.

GIMP is not an excuse to suck, some people make great stuff using GIMP and could make a lot of PS users ashamed with their work.

Im sick of sigs that look the same! All the ones made by you so called "good" artists are boring and I just seem to skim over it, I mean ours is unique and different, just cause you may have a problem with change doesn't mean we will come over to the dark-side! If all artists are as rude to new comers as you were than I'd hate to be one! :p

By saying this you are generalizing the whole gfx community and making the artists look like mainstreamers. There are a lot of people out there that dedicate a their time trying to improve, be original and stand out and I am sure they would be offended by this kind of thinking.
If you have a problem with Xelhes you don't have to insult the whole gfx community and artists in general, so please don't.

Anyhow good luck with the shop and improving your skills.

Lancelot

Awards

I thank you for the good luck, but the way you wrote the firsrt bit, are you implying that you think we suck? thats how it comes across

Xidon

Not highscoring in life

I thank you for the good luck, but the way you wrote the firsrt bit, are you implying that you think we suck? thats how it comes across

No, I am saying that you can't blame the program for your amount of skill, like Sir Schmoopy does for instance >.>

Lancelot

Awards

lol, ok then, just clarifying that, that's all. And also, we're not blaming the program, but everyone knows there are things that PS can do that gimp can't. All we're saying is that either like the way we do our work or don't, simple

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!

GIMP is not an excuse to suck, some people make great stuff using GIMP and could make a lot of PS users ashamed with their work.
Know I know this, but SRR's right? Are you implying somthing there? But what I mean by the excuse on gimp is that we do not have the same opportunities as those who have PS.

By saying this you are generalizing the whole gfx community and making the artists look like mainstreamers. There are a lot of people out there that dedicate a their time trying to improve, be original and stand out and I am sure they would be offended by this kind of thinking.
If you have a problem with Xelhes you don't have to insult the whole gfx community and artists in general, so please don't.
I do apologise, I've seen a few graphic shops and to me they all looked very same-ish that's why I said it, I do apologise for the generalisation but I still stick by what I said that a lot of it is very same-ish whereas ours aver very different to those Im sure you must agree. I do apologise to any of those who have been offended by that statement but serriously, Some of you do need to make urselfs stand out from the rest cause I do believe it is boring viewing sigs that people use the exact same techniques on.

Thanks!

No, I am saying that you can't blame the program for your amount of skill, like Sir Schmoopy does for instance >.>
Fair enough, yes there's a lot for us to learn but we'd like to be given a fair chance from our fellow graphics makers. Not to be told our work sucks when we are trying our best. I get bored making things for myself, It's hard to please the same person over and over again, I need a challenge to give myself the extra push to learn! So this is why I plead to all of my fellow graphic makers to give us a fair chance!

Macabre

Gold Member

i know you guys will become great graphic makers.now....where are the customers?!!

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!

i know you guys will become great graphic makers.now....where are the customers?!!
Im really not sure... I guess we'll have to make up some sort of portfolio to show people we mean business!

Anyways yes, we promise that with our graphics we make you, we promise to spend time and effort on it and not just complete and do a slack job!

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!

Stock: http://planetrenders.net/renders/alb...18167/Tres.png
Background: http://www.planetrenders.net/renders...473/wstern.png
Colors: Whatever would fit best
Artist: Both
Text: Angel Of Death or AoD
Size: 300 by 100
Heheh im very excited about this one, I've got some ideas and I'd like to give it a go!

EDIT: Ignore that, I'll jut send you a PM! It's quicker!

Wowwie! =D SSIC's and ShadowRikuRising's graphics shop! Cool! >w<
Umm... *browsing* i think i have a request... TwT but i forgot which pics should i choose XDD
Well, when u decide what pictures you want we'd be happy - very happy to make you one, I mean ur one of my fave fanfic readers! and you're in my FC haha you're a great supporter to us so we'd love to make you somthing!

Last edited:

Vox

Omnipresent Power
Awards

*sigh*im not trying to offend you or anything but they are just doing it for fun.yes they're new to this but they're trying and that's all.they are doing it for pleasing the customer but also doing it for fun.they opened this graphic shop to try something new.they may be amateurs but still,they keep trying to make something good.

No offense taken after all my post wasn't meant to harm anyone. well it just showed me where people differ is all. You said there doing it for fun. i am as well however i also have other motivations, such as Graphics is something i really want to do in the long run so my practice is at a much harder pace and i make sigs with more effort put into them. and ya i understand there amateurs which is why i eve posted before but.......im going to leave the remainder of my comments to myself. its things like this that make me want to close down my own shop these days.... a old friend of mine wants me to close it because he said it is pointless to make graphics for those who dont appreciate it

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!

No offense taken after all my post wasn't meant to harm anyone. well it just showed me where people differ is all. You said there doing it for fun. i am as well however i also have other motivations, such as Graphics is something i really want to do in the long run so my practice is at a much harder pace and i make sigs with more effort put into them. and ya i understand there amateurs which is why i eve posted before but.......im going to leave the remainder of my comments to myself. its things like this that make me want to close down my own shop these days.... a old friend of mine wants me to close it because he said it is pointless to make graphics for those who dont appreciate it
I do have a few things to say to that but I really want to do is leave this conversation behind us so what I will leave you with is this, I want to give you a little bit of advice.
You say you do not do graphics not for fun, actually there was a stage I was like that too. Believe it or not I used to be head graphics designer in my web design team, but want you to think about somthing, If you take your graphic work too serriously you will lose you passion and get not joy out of it. You will lose the creativity and find that the sings you do begin to lose the passion. I may only be a 15 year old girl but I do know my stuff, I like to listen to those older than me, and they've always told me that if you love somthing do it and don't let others destroy your dreams. Never lose the love for what you do because if you do, people will start to not apreciate it. I wish you luck for your future!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello. SeaSalt and SRR! ^w^
Here's my request:
Stock : http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...cix/hero94.jpg
Colour : Decide for me ^^
Size : Normal signature size. xD

I don't mind who take my request. Thanks for it. ^w^
Hey P.O.H and we'd love to make you a sig, you've been a great supporter always of both SRR and me!

Anyways guys I have to go to bed, school tomorrows and I'll SRR and I promise to get into your requests ASAP! :)

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE SUPPORT!

Vox

Omnipresent Power
Awards

See i was prepared to leave things as they are ignoring how you bashed me as such accusing me of other things and assuming i meant other things in my words when they were what they were. i didn't once say any of you sucked i just said you were not that good. you decided to get all angry and pissy about it and began to rant and rave on about how RUDE i was. i meant no offense in my post earlier. now if you wanted me to say something mean about your skills and shop i would but im not that type of person. Xidon got to you before i did but thats a different topic entirely.

Why do you make it your goal to respond to everything i said. my last post i was talking to mon and you just had to make your voice heard.

You say you do not do graphics not for fun

??????? I didn't once say i don't do it for fun. i said i do it for fun and i have also another motivation that keeps me going. Ive tried my hardest to hold my tongue here but your making it VERY hard. for you to make me look like this self righteous jerk off makes me .......Really mad. Im one of the GFX artist around here that gets tired of those people that think there better than everyone else and have this so called god complex. that comment you made about me being a premium member....So what i dont care if i am a premium member i don't use my title like that and make it known that im a higher member than others so you were out of line with that one im sorry but its the truth.

Was i wrong in Posting here before. yea i was but im sorry when i see one of my Pet peeves i just have to speak my mind. O and one more thing......"QUIT IMPLYING THAT I IMPLIED SOMETHING! God.....honestly everything i say you imply that i am implying some sort of hidden diss or message. the Photoshop thing like you assume that i meant that only people with money can make good graphics. I didnt say anything about photoshop to be exact. so quit that act.

On a lighter note im sure you and SRR will be great GFX artist in the near future i used to be a rookie to Graphics and i wasnt that good but i kept practicing till i got to the level i am now. and for you to say the artist look Same-ish god that bothers me i put hours of effort into my work and i have TONS of different styles for you to say something like that is completely ....ugh nvm

On a even lighter note i wish you the best SRR if ya ever need any tutorials or help or any sources just Let me know man if ya want i can be like yoru guide or something. and if need me i can help ya.. so Goodbye i wont be posting here anymore im leavin on this note...

This all started when i pointed out that ya needed more skill before you open a signature shop and you decided to make this a massive argument. if i wanted to offend you then i would have did it. this wasn't me being offensive. but if need be i can make that happen.

Good luck and happy trials and all that other stuff that means good job =P

Ultima Star

Can I still wait for you?
Awards
Website
z15.invisionfree.com

Seconded man x] you know you rock right Xid? XD

Well, even if sigs get to look all 'same-ish' at times it's just because we practice more and more every day *nod* by doing 'same-ish' sigs it's like..how to explain trying to master a kind of style then move to the othr one it's just like taht x]

It also isnt called copying ema right? cos if we follow tuts it's cos that way we learn =/ it's not called copying. Yikes I feel insulted D= I also follow tuts and make same-ish sigs like most of KHI artists yea..o_O..wth am I saying...O.O..that hit made my head go wrong anyway.

Geenralizing it's not that way, cos not all the artists are like that, I suppose that if following a tutorial to learn how to be able to make one specific kind of sig it's copying then..then I guess..*thinks* I guess that cos of that we should be self-taught and mes with the programme and we get something that wont be pleasant in our eyes (referring to us so called 'good artists' group that Im not on btw XD).

But like I was saying we try to learn that's hwy you would see those kind of graphics..and what if we use one certain kind of style?..it's to practice ya know.

;;>___________< noo Xelhes-san dont close it nuu..I need inspiration D= lol. yo Xelhes, I guess I eally agre with yya on the part when each artist has a motivation *nod* =]

Over all,I guess that..evn people who use GIMP can make some good stuff it's not about the programme its about the artist and the will to improve...

Gimp gimp..gimp...I used a GIMP tutorial to make something like this:

This proves wrong any statement that says that Gimp sucks <3 (made with PS though XD)

When ya have the will to improve and ..well..have in mind that you want to beat us e who have just been called 'repetitive kind of artist' in a way XD then send me a PM and I'll try to help yah out.

One las thing, good luck. Improve if ya guys want and if ya have the will to ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back