• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Exclusive Interview with Tetsuya Nomura on Kingdom Hearts 2.8 & KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Y'all managed to interview Nomura? Awesome. :D

This is actually our third time interviewing him, but it is our first time doing so in an email interview outside of an event while he's still in Japan. So because of this, the actual process was kind of complicated lol. We actually didn't expect this to succeed when we first asked about it.

The reason we asked these specific questions was because we had intended for them to correspond with the information released during the KH event at D23. I actually thought we were playing it safe but not safe enough apparently! I think due to the nature of this interview, they were more particular about the answers than usual, which is understandable. It's not something they're used to or that SE and Disney are experienced with, so there may not be more of these for a while until they become more familiar to interacting with the community through this method.

This was a great learning experience for us, and I hope SE and Disney will give us more opportunities in the future so we can continue to prove that the Kingdom Hearts community is the best community <3

Soulkeeperx

Awards
I wished he got asked about Unchained X coming to NA, we haven't gotten any updates on that since, what, E3?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I wished he got asked about Unchained X coming to NA, we haven't gotten any updates on that since, what, E3?

There are a lot of questions that we would have liked to ask, this one included. It's just a matter of discerning which ones will get you legitimate answers and which ones will just get a variation of "please look forward to it". Topics like release dates or spoiler info will 100% fall into the latter category, and there would be no point in asking.

k99y77

Awards
Nobodies for the other members of ORGXIII? well since all of them are based on FF jobs hmm...

Marluxia: Necromancer (because it relates to death)
Larxene: Ninja
Lexaeus: Monk
Vexen: Chemist
Zexion: ???
Luxord: Time Mage
Demyx: Bard

^ if they bring back Luxord and Demyx...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Calling it now, Marluxia's original name will revealed to be Lumaria.

It's latin for flower
Isn't the latin word for flower "Lunaria"?

Edit: or that's just a type of flower oops my bad lol

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
What a great interview, thanks to everyone involved, you guys really had some interesting questions, even though some of them were dodged Nomura-style.:wink:

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I wonder how Kairi's going to fit into the Chi stuff, if the princesses are so important in that game. Hmm... -remembers theory about Chi being Kairi asleep in the RoS, after having witnessed some of the dream version of Daybreak Town, maybe-

Also, this interview has me a little worried (again) that Nomura might be separating Chi and Unchained from each other, but I'm not going to worry about that on this holiday, no sir!

It was interesting, too, to hear that Disney is highly involved in deciding when Disney worlds will get shown, and that's why they haven't revealed some of them yet. I'd kind of guessed that that was the case (especially since Disney's more involved this time around), but it's nice to know it for sure^_^

This interview was really cute! I feel like we're friends, too, my dear Nomura-san. And if you're reading this, thank you, and everyone at Square Enix and Disney, for working to make these lovely games for us all:D

And here's hoping that we do get a Mickey like that at a Disney park someday!

Anyway, thank you so much for taking the time to post this up on Christmas, you wonderful KHI staff. We really appreciate it, but make sure to spend time with your loved ones, too. Don't worry about spoiling us today, if you maybe want to hold off on things; we'd more than understand during this time of year=)

Merry Christmas, everyone! Talk to you all another day!

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
In one of the recent updates of Kingdom Hearts X[chi], the term “unchained” was officially introduced and has caused quite a bit of speculation among the fans. Does this play a role in how you previously said that X[chi] and Unchained X were not exactly the same game?
Nomura: I cannot explain this without any spoilers but there is a connection between the two. Who is trying to do what will be depicted in KINGDOM HEARTS χ[chi] or KINDGOM HEARTS Unchainedχ, and the reason behind it would be told in KHχ Back Cover (included n 2.8).
That "or" between chi and unchained has me a bit worried, but otherwise, great interview! I'm also wondering who exactly Nomura is referring to by "who is trying to do what", or what he'll do with Kairi as a "Fairy-tale" world.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That "or" between chi and unchained has me a bit worried, but otherwise, great interview! I'm also wondering who exactly Nomura is referring to by "who is trying to do what", or what he'll do with Kairi as a "Fairy-tale" world.

Yeah, the use of "or" is a strange thing indeed. Nomura has always stated that the two games are uniquely their own in a way we are not yet aware of (besides the obvious in terms of gameplay), so it sounds kind of like depending on how events play out, the two games may begin to reveal just how different they really are and the state of being "unchained" will play a big part in that.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Masterspockanort with him mentoring seven princess of light i wonder how kairi will fit in this like peoplesaid are we going inide kairi dreams or something?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Masterspockanort with him mentoring seven princess of light i wonder how kairi will fit in this like peoplesaid are we going inide kairi dreams or something?

Or we might just go to Destiny Islands or Radiant Garden, pulled from the Book of Prophecies or something. Who knows 8D

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
^^^^^^^

The Latin word for flower I think is "flos" or something.
I do believe "flos" is correct.

Anyway, this was in unexpected Christmas present. Thank you guys so much for this!
tumblr_m6vbe0Ouvi1r3zat8.gif

This was a great interview.

In one of the recent updates of Kingdom Hearts X[chi], the term “unchained” was officially introduced and has caused quite a bit of speculation among the fans. Does this play a role in how you previously said that X[chi] and Unchained X were not exactly the same game?

Nomura: I cannot explain this without any spoilers but there is a connection between the two. Who is trying to do what will be depicted in KINGDOM HEARTS χ[chi] or KINDGOM HEARTS Unchainedχ, and the reason behind it would be told in KHχ Back Cover (included n 2.8).
That "or" has me worried. It kinda sounds like the games will diverge at some point.

Did Mickey meet Aqua during his time in the Realm of Darkness? If so, why did he refrain from speaking of such an important matter until this moment?

Nomura: This will also be told in KH0.2 so please wait for it.
*plays 0.2*
Riku: So, Mickey, if you met her in the Realm of Darkness, why are you only telling us this now?
Mickey: Oh, well you see it's becau-*points away from himself* look it's Xehanort!
Riku, Kairi, Yen Sid: *looks* WHA?!
Riku: Wait there's nothi-Mickey? Hey, where'd he go?

It was surprising to see the return of Nobodies in the recent Kingdom Hearts 3 footage. What sort of role will they play in the game? Can we expect to see any more enemy types besides Nobodies and Heartless?

Nomura: I want to make it so that you can tell who had come to that world by the enemies that appear there. I am thinking of the enemy types as a part of the total production this time.

The new Kingdom Hearts III trailer featured a new Nobody design with a scythe and flower petals, is this particular Nobody alluding to a certain former Organization member?

Nomura: I think that it’s easy to imagine but I do believe that it will appear in promotional materials sooner or later so please wait for that.
anigif_original-grid-image-20065-1405523620-16.gif

Nomura's so adorable trying that Marluxia's back.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Imagine Marluxia had once been in Corona and heard about the magic healing flower and sought it out because he's a precious flower boy but never did haha

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Imagine Marluxia had once been in Corona and heard about the magic healing flower and sought it out because he's a precious flower boy but never did haha
i hope marluxia boss fight isn't a gimmik fight or something what do you think?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I just can't believe Marluxia or his Somebody would ever join Xehanort since he wanted to overthrow Xemnas. Unless he hates Sora so much that he's aligned himself with Xehanort because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back