• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Exclusive Interview with Tetsuya Nomura on Kingdom Hearts 2.8 & KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
i hope marluxia boss fight isn't a gimmik fight or something what do you think?

Well, we don't even know if Marluxia is in or not.

"I want to make it so that you can tell who had come to that world by the enemies that appear there."

It can mean they are there or they had once, in the past, been there.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Well, we don't even know if Marluxia is in or not.

"I want to make it so that you can tell who had come to that world by the enemies that appear there."

It can mean they are there or they had once, in the past, been there.
I'd rather this be the case than Marluxia being one of the thirteen. 8D

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Please wait please wait please wait please enjoy please be excited.

Gee, thanks for the interview. xD

LightAndOblivion

Marluxia's return and as a member of the new 13 is all but confirmed at this point.

I just can't believe Marluxia or his Somebody would ever join Xehanort since he wanted to overthrow Xemnas. Unless he hates Sora so much that he's aligned himself with Xehanort because of it.

You act like he'll look at Xehanort and Xemnas as the same person. It doesn't matter if he tried to betray Xemnas in the old group. So did Saix and look at him. Marluxia is greedy like Braig over the power of the Keyblade. Xehanort could literally use that to get him in the group since he has a Keyblade while Xemnas didn't.

Any sort of betrayal would be rendered useless once he gives him a piece of his heart.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Please let Marluxia's somebody actually be Mother Gothal in disguise.

The whole plot of Tangled stays the same except for that glorious reveal

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Please let Marluxia's somebody actually be Mother Gothal in disguise.

The whole plot of Tangled stays the same except for that glorious reveal
i woundn't be surpise if they did that do you there is a chance we will see the boat scene in kh 3?

WaveK89

I kind of like the idea of Marluxia's somebody acting on his own devious plans. It's never really been explained that a Nobody is only able to control lesser Nobodies, so surely his Somebody can take control. However, I just feel throwing him in as a subplot would be too out of place. It'd make more sense if he had a role in the major plot.

Heartless are still around, and we still have Nobodies. Other than just being present, we have to assume they are being controlled in some manner whether it be Xehanort's Organization, Malefecent/Pete, or a third party. I would say Disney villains in their own worlds, but usually it's just the Darkness and/or Heartless taking advantage of them.

Oh, the subject. Well, I will say I'm getting anxious on NA Unchained Chi details. The last 2.8 trailer has me very interested in Back Story, so I really want to experience Chi on the NA side soon.

Hallowseve

I love the fact that Marluxia was VERY heavily implied to return. Here's hoping it's his Somebody instead of Nobody. If it's actually Marluxia, and he's a seeker, Xehanort's words about traitors would be meaningless.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I kind of like the idea of Marluxia's somebody acting on his own devious plans. It's never really been explained that a Nobody is only able to control lesser Nobodies, so surely his Somebody can take control. However, I just feel throwing him in as a subplot would be too out of place. It'd make more sense if he had a role in the major plot.

Heartless are still around, and we still have Nobodies. Other than just being present, we have to assume they are being controlled in some manner whether it be Xehanort's Organization, Malefecent/Pete, or a third party. I would say Disney villains in their own worlds, but usually it's just the Darkness and/or Heartless taking advantage of them.

Oh, the subject. Well, I will say I'm getting anxious on NA Unchained Chi details. The last 2.8 trailer has me very interested in Back Story, so I really want to experience Chi on the NA side soon.

Honestly, I'm thinking Marluxia's Somebody might very well be a subplot that is further developed in the later installments, possibly even the Big Bad for the next game. It's not to farfetched, though I doubt that would be the case. I just really don't want him nor Larxene's Somebody to be seeds.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I just remembered something.

If Marluxia is a seed, that means he will have a keyblade. Just imagine a pink scythe like keyblade.

Wonderful

Awards
Marluxia is probably in Corona? Hm, I will be kind of annoyed if he is really a xiii darkness, why would they add that line in DDD about not choosing traitors and then turn around and have him choose a traitor lol.
i think the line in ddd was more about why the old organization failed, with weakness of trust meaning "we had to kill him before we could achieve our goal [and thus he couldnt be a vessel]". none of it was really guidelines for who they chose this time around. after all, saix was a traitor and xemnas knew he was a traitor and he's still in the new organization. i dont think they're really hard and fast rules, just explanations for why the first org failed.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Honestly, I'm thinking Marluxia's Somebody might very well be a subplot that is further developed in the later installments, possibly even the Big Bad for the next game. It's not to farfetched, though I doubt that would be the case. I just really don't want him nor Larxene's Somebody to be seeds.

Same. It's probably the best route, though I'm sure many of us would prefer somebody/something new but Marluxia's story was never really fleshed out or completed and he clearly had a lot going for him. Considering how powerful he was despite being constrained by the rules of Castle Oblivion, it'd be great to finally see more done with him.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Okay but

Imagine sora climbs the tower

And marluxia is up top, brushing his mile long strands of hair?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I really dont know what else you could of done with Marluxia. He was just a traitor who wanted to overthrow the organization. He never showed much depth or character outside of being an asshole.

I dont see the point of making him anymore than a minor villain or reformed one

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I really dont know what else you could of done with Marluxia. He was just a traitor who wanted to overthrow the organization. He never showed much depth or character outside of being an asshole.

I dont see the point of making him anymore than a minor villain or reformed one
Explore his treacherous side. Expand him as a master manipulator. Put him in new scenarios where he can flex his strengths.

If they put him Somebody in Coronea, then they have a great chance to flesh out his personality and give him new material to work with re: manipulation.

If they veto the two thieves then they have the opportunity to write his Somebody as someone with a masterplan to overtake Coronea (e.g. Getting Flynn to steal him the Crown but then Sora intervenes when he teams up with Rapunzel to go see the lights and Rapunzel learns of her true heritage from this. It further highlights him as a traitor, fleshes him out by giving him a home world, and involves him in the plot of a world).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back