• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Donate to KHInsider

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
IE, 89% of KHI.

This.

So that's obviously not going to work.

But we've deviated from the real topic of actually donating. I have no money, so I will not be contributing.

Takuya

freedom fighter, patriot
Awards
In my bedroom sitting on my bed. I may pick up a b
To differentiate donators from registered or staff members, there should be a title for User Groups appended into user info.

User info as in

<------- Those

What I mean is add something like User Group: Donator

<------- Somewhere in there

If a user is both a staff and a donator, it would go like - User Group: Staff, Donator

As for any rewards, if you're going to donate that means you are willing to give money without anything in return, as D Athier explained:

You clearly cannot tell the difference between a donation and an exchange of goods.

Donating implies you are giving something to someone else with no intent to recieve anything in return. ie, it's out of kindness.

Exchanging goods is when you pay them money and they return it with some kind of service.

tl;dr, you're a selfish scrooge. An ass. A penny pincher. A pretentious jerk.

If there are going to be any rewards/provisions, it should be an advantage in the forums: i.e., special items in khi inferno, gift card(You give money to get money? Why would that work?), higher limit on their sig space or allowing for a bigger/more complex avatar, or perhaps additional privileges.

Last edited:

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
Donating is donating. Its not to get something in return, its to give. If your going to do it to get something in return, then your very greedy. This donation is for the support of a site we all love and want to keep alive for a long time. Screw the name changes and the KHI Donator crap. Just donate. Seriously. And, why would you want a group called donators? We already have premium and platinum. Thats enough previlielges as it is.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Donating is donating. Its not to get something in return, its to give. If your going to do it to get something in return, then your very greedy. This donation is for the support of a site we all love and want to keep alive for a long time. Screw the name changes and the KHI Donator crap. Just donate. Seriously. And, why would you want a group called donators? We already have premium and platinum. Thats enough previlielges as it is.
lmao, oh you.

Maybe so, but the way I see it, it's good encouragement to donate.

Mastermind

Remember Me
Awards
Yeah, because in today's society most people like to get something return for their contributions. Something to show that they did what they did.

Joy

Bronze Member
Honestly, this shouldn't warrant discussion. A donation is one where you kindly give money with no thought of getting something in return, maybe a thanks, but that's about it

That's like asking for volunteers and then people shouting "We'll only volunteer if we get paid!"

Honestly, this shouldn't warrant discussion. A donation is one where you kindly give money with no thought of getting something in return, maybe a thanks, but that's about it

That's like asking for volunteers and then people shouting "We'll only volunteer if we get paid!"

Yeah I guess you're right Time as always, but yeah I should wake up to myself and realize that's just common sense.

Last edited:

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
I think we're taking this a little out of context.

It costs absolutely nothing to change a member's username to another color or some other minor forum perk. Pretty much the only thing you're getting is a little sticker that says "I support KHI, I donated." This site makes it's money off of ad revenue anyway, and people are going to donate whether they feel it necessary to say they support KHI one way or another.

It's not like we're donating to a non-profit like the Red Cross and then demanding them to provide us with gifts.

Joy

Bronze Member
I know, and gungon, I'm not sure how to take that comment.

A little sticker saying you got it should be nice, but I mean, demanding something isn't really right, is what I meant.

I know, and gungon, I'm not sure how to take that comment.

A little sticker saying you got it should be nice, but I mean, demanding something isn't really right, is what I meant.

Sorry if you took it the wrong way, PM replied.

Also I know what you meant sorry. ;_;

Joy

Bronze Member
Nah, that second paragraph was more directed towards Raticus, gungon. But yeah, I'm glad we got it cleared up.

Back