• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does time go by faster when you get older?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RisingOblivion

Well when I was smaller the time always went so slow but now it goes by so fast. Sometimes I don't get to enjoy some things as much as I would like to. What do you think?

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
For me, it's if I'm bored, time goes slow. If I'm having fun, time goes by fast. It just feels like time goes faster.

Last edited:

Crimson Crusader

Sarcasmbot
Awards
eh i think time moves the same way no matter how old you are. It just seems like time goes by differntly when you are young because you think it is, and when you are older same thing. Its all in your mind.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Time doesn't literally go faster, it just feels like it does. That's because your perspective on time changes.

Think about it, when you are five years old, a year seems like forever because it only represents one/fifth of your life. So, if a year is equivalent to 20% of your life, than it feels slower due to your perspective.

Now, when you are ten, a year represents one/tenth, or 10% of your life, which is significantly less than 20%. Your perspective has shifted, and time seems to move quicker.

At least, that's how I've come to understand it.

marvx12

Website
rcmrvn.tumblr.com
Yes. I agree completely and fully times 74897953804943799. It really feels like 2009 just started last week, and it's already (almost)spring. I think time feels like it's going by so fast because when you get older, you just have more things to do, so time literally flies by. It sucks.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
Yes, every year gets shorter.

For example, on your first birthday, that year was 1/1 of your entire life. On your second birthday, that year was 1/2 your entire life, and so on. Therefore, when you're 60 years old, that year is only 1/60 of your entire life.

That's why time feels like it goes by faster as you get older.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
It feels like it is getting slower, but at the same time fast. I mean days seem like at times they don't want to end, especially when I have to work, but overall I almost surprised that it is almost April already. I can almost remember it like it was the other day celebrating Christmas.

The Dark Destiny

When you get older, time only seems to pass by within the blink of an eye. One day you may be a proud father watching his little girl take her first steps, but then the next day comes and you wonder where the lost time went. Your little girl has grown up with a husband and a family and she may not need to come to you for every little thing anymore. You heart may be breaking inside but you know that you can't hold on forever, and the time just flew by.

Gatorade

Naturally, we called it Gatorade
I also think this is true because when you get older, you become more involved with friends, family, school, extra-curriculars, and sports and such. These things make the time go by much faster.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
I wish school would go by fast. :[

And the weekends slower.

But yeah, time flies when you're having fun, and slows down enough when you're not paying attention.

Anthony8123

Yes, depending on your mindset. Meh, it goes very swiftly, it felt like this year of school just began, and its ending in 13 weeks, whereas last year it felt like 900 years..Weekends go fast, also, if you're occupied.

S

Shadow Soldier

The only reason why your weekends feel short is because you waste them.

Shade737

Silver Member
To me the older I get the faster time flies thanks to added responsibilities. I have less time to waste thanks to errands duties etc. which takes up allot of time.

Diastyl

Well, scientists were able to prove that time does get faster as you grow older. It all depends on what you think and how you think.

K

Kegluneq

Probably feels like it, but it doesn't actually go faster.
Just people getting used to how things work.

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
i read a quote once that it feels like it goes by faster because its less of a part of your life.

for example, when you were five, a year was 1/5 (one fifth) of your life so it felt longer than when you were sixteen when it was 1/16 (one sixteenth) of your life.

Elorah

Awards
I agree in saying that time feels like it goes by faster as you get older. All the talk about percentages makes sense to me. Also, I find that time goes a lot slower if I'm always looking at the clock. If I'm heavily involved in something, and I'm not constantly wondering what time it is, the time seems to go by a lot quicker.

xx kairi xx

i definitly think time goes by faster the older you get...not literally of course, just feels like it.
when i was younger i was wishing to grow up reli fast, but now that im older i want to stop lol. i like being this age xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back