• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does KH really need to continue after the Xehanort Saga (KH3)?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
are ther aactual people who want the sereis to end

Wellze

It depends on what the next storyline is going to be about.
If the story is as good as the Xehanort saga i believe keep making more games.
But if it gets too boring and the story is weak, then the fan base will die down and KH will most likely die

MasterSierra

The point is:
1) Darkness will always exist and with Darkness comes people who want to control it for their own use. There will always be villians for Sora to kill.
2) Nomura want's it to.
3) It's one of Square's cash cows. It'll probably make as many games as Final Fantasy if Square want's it to. And as long as their is fans, Kingdom Hearts games will always be made.

However, after Kingdom Hearts 3 (the end of the Xehanort Saga) many people might stop playing Kingdom Hearts. So any games after that might not get made due to lack of interest.

So who knows if any more will get made. We'll just have to wait and see.
Well it might be like Harry Potter. Voldemort almost chose Nevel insted of Harry. So they might do that sorta. They might chose another kid of light to go save the world, a new KH. The game is not called Sora's Adventers it's called Kingdom Hearts. But there will be new Disney things by then. So think about that.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
are ther aactual people who want the sereis to end

Of course there are. I want it to end, and many others here feel the same. If it gets an ending, it saves it from being ruined by bad writing or the eventual lack of interest people will have.

We'll be sad for it to end, but things can only go on for so long.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well it might be like Harry Potter. Voldemort almost chose Nevel insted of Harry. So they might do that sorta. They might chose another kid of light to go save the world, a new KH. The game is not called Sora's Adventers it's called Kingdom Hearts. But there will be new Disney things by then. So think about that.

That's the only thing that will not happen.
They might add new characters along the way, some probably starring in a side game again.
But every numbered installment will have Sora as the main protagonist, because KH is Sora's story, it's already confirmed.

His party members may change and his circle of friends and bonds may grow even wider, but the central figure will remain Sora.

EDIT:
I don't completely disagree with the ones who say that a final closure would be nice with KH III, as the main baddie is defeated, Terra and co. are rescued and can now live in peace etc.

But if they really wanted this they would have said KH III is the end of the "Kingdom Hearts-Series", not the end of the "Xehanort-Saga".

Heck, they could even go the really long way like with Sailor Moon and introduce a new main villain every saga and in the very last it comes down to that every main villain so far (Xehanort included) was just the avatar/incarnation of one big main baddie all along.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
There's nothing wrong with closure for this game. Personally I wouldn't mind more games but not entire 'FF effect'. The thing is Nomura said he's already gonna continue it so I'm crossing my fingers so it's at least decent. He can stop it after the one he already intends on making. I'm not gonna fight the current.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
We'll I'm not saying ti should end right after Xehanort Saga. I used to, but I do love the series. I just don't want it to become like Zelda or Final Fantasy. As long as there are good Disney movies in the games, and better scriptwriting, the series can go a good distance. But I don't think it should go on for 20 years. We've already gone 10 years.

But what I want is closure to the series. There is a point where it has to end. I'm one of those people who like seeing a story have a final ending.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
There is nothing wrong with the Zelda or FF series continuing like they are because each new game is a whole new story that doesn't usually connect much to previous ones. If they were just long over-drawn out stories that never end then it would be bad. This is what we don't want Kingdom Hearts to become. I just hope the next saga will be the last.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well, Nomura seemingly likes to include some specific numbers in KH.
3 (Trinity) and 13 seem to be the most important ones.
As 13 sagas would be really a bit much let's use the 3.

If KH would consist of 3 Sagas (Xehanort Saga, intermediate Saga and one final Saga that really wraps up everything) that would be ok in my eyes.

This way Sora would also not get too old and there would still be plenty of room to introduce new characters, get some involvement from older characters i.e. Aqua or anyone else along the way and new villains.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
Honestly, why are you guys assuming that the Story will have Sora as the main protaginist in every future game? Yeah it's Sora's story. But he can easily just be another major support character to some brand new characters.
I like Sephiroth0812's idea. I think it could really work well if Nomura and co. can make it work. It doesnt matter if it turns into another "Zelda" or "Final Fantasy" game, if Nomura can make it work, he'll make it work. People will still buy it.
And also, I think you guys are predicting and assuming too much. It's Xehanorts Saga but that doesn't automatically mean him and everything he's worked on so far will go to waste. Theres not even one c;arification that Xehanort will for sure die. Its kinda obvious but we can't entirely assume. Nomura likes plot twists. The best we can do is wait and see what happens with the saga we are dealing with right now and see how the future plays out.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
@Vani:

Thanks, I would assume that something like 3 Sagas would make a good compromise. Not too short and not too long.
However people should slowly realize that wishing for it to end after KH III is futile as it is already settled it will continue.

Don't get me started on that...if they just seal away Xehanort's heart, imprison him somewhere in another dimension or he does vanish but we can't still be sure he's gone Nomura has options like these:
1. Xehanort Saga
2. Some-other-Saga that introduces something new
3. The return of Xehanort-Saga.

If he can pull it off well, ok.
Xehanort may be a good villain, but overusing him won't do any good.

As for Sora, he would be the playable only in the main numbered installments as we already know it. There are already 2 games out where Sora isn't the playable hero.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
Honestly, I don't think the series should continue. Yes, it is Square's backup if FF ever fails and it's one of their best cash cows, but I don't see the games continuing, and actually being good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back