• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does "2.5" make sense for the HD Port that includes KH2 and BBS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

Don't know.
-

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain Of Memories
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix
Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded
Kingdom Hearts 3D
Kingdom Hearts III

sry japanz ownly..

Awards
Good point, I didn't even think of that at first.
This makes the "only cutscene" variant even more probable when they decide to include DDD.

Well I think if they really wanted to, they could ditch all the mini-games and perhaps map all the reality shifts to buttons.
For example:

Sling shot: hold down X (or some button), stretch back/aim with analog, release button to fire.
Faithline: A bit more problematic, you could use the analog to direct which enemies you want in the line, but it could take too long. Could be automated?
Codebreak: This could simply be mapped to the directional buttons, and selecting phrases with x. Pretty similar to Luxord's mini-game when you think about it.
Bubble burst: Similar to slingshot, using the analog stick.
Wonder comic: This could work exactly like a series of reaction commands.
Melody catcher: Again, this could be liked timed reaction commands, similar to the Atlantica songs in KH2.
etc.

They could also just include it all and have PS-Move functionality but I really doubt they'd do that lol.
Even though the touch screen was utilized much more in 3D than any other game, I still don't think it's integral.
I know people say playing with your dream eaters is important because you develop a bond with them. I mean, that can be included too, it's just not as easy to do lol.

So you could definitely have it either way. I don't see timing as being an issue for 3D being in an HD collection because both Re:coded and Re:CoM were made roughly 2 years after their originals came out. 3D has been out for half a year in Japan, and with 1.5 coming out in 2013, then 2014 would be a reasonable time table for 2.5. In other words, about 2 years after 3D has come out (and this would be an HD port, not a full blown remake).

It's really up in the air. KH2 and BbS are definitely getting the HD treatment, I have no doubt. But putting 3D in would really tip the scales, would make 1.5 seem too small, and that's not even including the potential for Re:coded cutscenes. So I could maybe see 3D getting HD cutscenes too? idk.
Like you said, leaving out 3D does run in opposition to Nomura's priority to get the series on one console. Sooo... the waiting game.

I think BBSFM will be in 2.5 because he needed the time to fully remake the PSP version for PS3. He says in every interview that time was the factor behind Days not being remade, which makes me think he's making sure that won't happen with BBS if he can get away with it and perhaps make up some other reasons.

Which he can, because as people have pointed out, BBS technically does end after KH2. And also like people pointed out it is part spoilers and part resting on the balance of stuff built up by the series. The game wouldn't have half the clout if it were actually put first.

What even was KHPC, I have heard of it but I never really understood lol

Isn't that the informal fan name for the KH browser game?

And I don't even think they'd need to remake BbS! Plenty of PSP games have been converted into HD for collections, like those in the MGS and GoW series. I'm not sure what the process entails, but it includes some upscaling and maybe throwing in some anti-aliasing (which BbS needs, it'd look so much better). But basically requires about the same amount of effort as converting the PS2 games into HD, not like with Days where they would have had to have started from the ground up.

So really, there's no excuse not to exclude BbS. As you said, I think of all the games, they'd definitely put in the effort to remake BbS if they had to. But they don't so one way or another it has to be included, too essential.

crash13

Awards
3D is too important story wise to not be included in someway in the next collection. If we only had 1/re:com/2/358/bbs/re:c and then 3 it would leave a huge gap.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well I think if they really wanted to, they could ditch all the mini-games and perhaps map all the reality shifts to buttons.
For example:

Sling shot: hold down X (or some button), stretch back/aim with analog, release button to fire.
Faithline: A bit more problematic, you could use the analog to direct which enemies you want in the line, but it could take too long. Could be automated?
Codebreak: This could simply be mapped to the directional buttons, and selecting phrases with x. Pretty similar to Luxord's mini-game when you think about it.
Bubble burst: Similar to slingshot, using the analog stick.
Wonder comic: This could work exactly like a series of reaction commands.
Melody catcher: Again, this could be liked timed reaction commands, similar to the Atlantica songs in KH2.
etc.

They could also just include it all and have PS-Move functionality but I really doubt they'd do that lol.
Even though the touch screen was utilized much more in 3D than any other game, I still don't think it's integral.
I know people say playing with your dream eaters is important because you develop a bond with them. I mean, that can be included too, it's just not as easy to do lol.

So you could definitely have it either way. I don't see timing as being an issue for 3D being in an HD collection because both Re:coded and Re:CoM were made roughly 2 years after their originals came out. 3D has been out for half a year in Japan, and with 1.5 coming out in 2013, then 2014 would be a reasonable time table for 2.5. In other words, about 2 years after 3D has come out (and this would be an HD port, not a full blown remake).

It's really up in the air. KH2 and BbS are definitely getting the HD treatment, I have no doubt. But putting 3D in would really tip the scales, would make 1.5 seem too small, and that's not even including the potential for Re:coded cutscenes. So I could maybe see 3D getting HD cutscenes too? idk.
Like you said, leaving out 3D does run in opposition to Nomura's priority to get the series on one console. Sooo... the waiting game.

I'm not so sure about that. Especially the Dream Eater-mini games are an essential part of rising your Dream Eaters stats.
The Ballon-game could probably re-tooled to be used with the Analog-sticks and a cross-hair (similar to how you paint your Dream Eaters), but the Water barrel-thingy would get a bit more tricky.
Treasure goggles should also be manageable to re-map to controller-controls, although it'll be more tedious for sure than with the 3DS-pen on the touch screen.

Agreed, and the reality shift from The World That Never Was could be handled just like Melody Catcher, requiring timed button presses when all "glowing pieces" are arranged correctly.

Of course that's also a possibility, although I dunno how the reception would be if it would be mandatory to need PS Move for one part of the Collection.
In retrospect, the reality shift was more or less an additional "gimmick" to use the touch screen in actual gameplay. Things like the reality shift on Young Xehanort's clock or the "nodes" Riku needs to activate in order to progress through the castle in TWTNW would be mapped as Reaction commands in other titles.
Integral is the touch screen imo only for bonding with the Dream Eaters, as I find myself only whipping out the pen when I change into the spirit menu. When I have to do a reality shift in battle (like with Xehanort's clock) I usually only use a finger to quickly get it over with.

That's true as well, so the time-factor doesn't really play into this at all.

This I think we can predict with relative ease. KH2 is a no-brainer (and practically already confirmed) while BbS is the most important out of the handheld-titles story- and mythology-wise and linked with KH2.
In terms of specs it is also easier since BbS is a PSP title, which is easier to port and remaster to PS3 than a Nintendo DS title like Days or Re: Coded (hence them getting the cutscene treatment).

I thought about that as well, the edition 2.5 also including DDD as a full game would probably really blow it out of proportions in comparison to 1.5 and result also most likely in a higher price tag.
That's why I tend to favor the notion to have DDD also as cutscenes, so it can be included and Nomura gets his wish of "putting it all in one place as preparation for the final chapter" without needing too much fussling around with gameplay adjustment for DDD.

kostas

Awards
i think it makes more sense if we think of it as an amount of work or as steps. KH, KH COM & Days were the 1,5 of the whole kingdom hearts. If you add the other titles it will make it to 2,5 and that will lead to KH3 (the 1.5 and 2.5 feel like the steps to finally reach 3 (KH3)

But if you ask for a name that would make sense chronologically i would name it something weird that sounds beautiful too, something like Kingdom Hearts Fragments or Kingdom Hearts Hand(s) of Destiny (since all these titles define the destiny of the characters) or something.

Am i thinking this too much? What do you think?

Last edited:

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Chronologically it doesn't make sense, but I don't think they are grouping the HD collections on the basis of the timeline. I think they are grouping them based on the order you are supposed to play them that best tells the story. KH2 has many hints that tie into and questions that are answered in BBS. So you should play BBS after you play KH2 to best understand the plot.

Nomura seems to be saying the best order to play the games in for a clearer plot is:

1. KH1
2. COM
3. 358/2 Days
4. KH2
5. BBS
6. Coded
7. KH3D
8. KH3

Zero Dozer

My order on this:

KH1 FM (Beginning)
KH: CoM (Fits pretty well)
KH: Days (Plot points until the next part)
KH2 FM+ (Apex of the plot, completion of the plot)
KH: Coded (The ending (Not the secret scene) gives the opening to BbS)
KH: BbS FM (Start of the explanations)
KH: Coded - Secret Scene (After the Secret Episode, where BbS and 3D gets perfectly connected)
KH: DDD (Overture point for the events of KH3)
KH: BbS Vol.2 (Do not forget that there is still some missing information)
KH3 (Where this saga ends)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
wasn't there something during the bbs final mix secret ending talking about a "0.5" or "v.2?"

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nomura has already said there is a story there to be told but has no intentions of making a game for it. Not to mention there is a cancelled unannounced title that will probably never see the light of day.

There will not be a BBSv2.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Nomura has already said there is a story there to be told but has no intentions of making a game for it. Not to mention there is a cancelled unannounced title that will probably never see the light of day.

sorry i didn't hear either of those things

then i have no idea

InfernusIgnitus

How wuld there be a birth by sleep volume 2? 0.o terras possessed by xehanort, the secret ending shows aqua doesnt even find ansem in the realm of darkness til after kingdom hearts 2, and Ven is still asleep in KH 3D. I dont see how there could be another thing between the prequel and the first game. I dont see how there logically can be one. What id really like to see is the original version of KH2 and birth by sleep put in an HD port, both playable. That'd be fun as hell.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Birth by Sleep Final Mix contained a secret ending called "Zero Points" that depicted a variety of scenes that took place during the decade between BBS and KH1, as well as others that were events experienced by other characters dyring the main story that did not receive focus. The title "Birth by Sleep volume 2" appeared at the end of this video.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Yeah, it would cover the events of the 10 years as well as several parts of the main story not addressed in the past games. The playable characters would probably not be TAV, though. Ven's asleep with his heart in Sora, so we know literally all his story for now. Terra is possessed by MX, so the only thing possible with him is during the gap between, before he splits into Ansem SoD and Xemnas. Aqua has a story to tell: apparently she witnesses the Worlds fall into darkness (in KH1). Possibly explores them too. It also shows a scene with Kairi in Twilight Town, as well as a scene with Young Xehanort fading into Ansem and Xemnas. That last gives me this idea: what if in BBSV2, you play as YX, gathering the 13 Seekers of Darkness? He can witness all of those events unfolding due to time travel. It would also reveal the other members we don't know. (or, if it comes out after KH3, act like Days did and show more about said members). Sorry for the wall, I can't seperate paragraphs. :(

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Yeah, it would cover the events of the 10 years as well as several parts of the main story not addressed in the past games. The playable characters would probably not be TAV, though. Ven's asleep with his heart in Sora, so we know literally all his story for now. Terra is possessed by MX, so the only thing possible with him is during the gap between, before he splits into Ansem SoD and Xemnas. Aqua has a story to tell: apparently she witnesses the Worlds fall into darkness (in KH1). Possibly explores them too. It also shows a scene with Kairi in Twilight Town, as well as a scene with Young Xehanort fading into Ansem and Xemnas. That last gives me this idea: what if in BBSV2, you play as YX, gathering the 13 Seekers of Darkness? He can witness all of those events unfolding due to time travel. It would also reveal the other members we don't know. (or, if it comes out after KH3, act like Days did and show more about said members). Sorry for the wall, I can't seperate paragraphs. :(

That sounds interesting now! That would be neat to play as Young Xehanort, time traveling to other periods to gather 13 Seekers of Darkness.. I'm even imaging it right now, lol.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
2.5 makes great sense! Think about it this way: At the end of Kingdom Hearts 2, Sora, Riku, and Kairi recieve the letter from King Mickey. Mickey tells them that they have another journey ahead of them. He then recounts the events of BBS and Recoded in the letter to fill them in. (Hence, why Sora and Riku don't ask what a Mark of Mastery exam IS, and why Sora knows there are people he needs to save).We, the playeer, have always, ALWAYS, seen the series from Sora/Roxas' point of view. BBS is read by Sora, as well as Recoded. They read the letter after KH2. Therefore, 2.5 is the events from KH2 to just before 3. Playing those games is reading the letter.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
2.5 makes great sense! Think about it this way: At the end of Kingdom Hearts 2, Sora, Riku, and Kairi recieve the letter from King Mickey. Mickey tells them that they have another journey ahead of them. He then recounts the events of BBS and Recoded in the letter to fill them in. (Hence, why Sora and Riku don't ask what a Mark of Mastery exam IS, and why Sora knows there are people he needs to save).We, the playeer, have always, ALWAYS, seen the series from Sora/Roxas' point of view. BBS is read by Sora, as well as Recoded. They read the letter after KH2. Therefore, 2.5 is the events from KH2 to just before 3. Playing those games is reading the letter.

Wow, when you put it in that way, it makes sense to me now. :) I guess I better get back to my KH series now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back