• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does "2.5" make sense for the HD Port that includes KH2 and BBS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
It does make a lot of sense. It produces a little less head-scratching that way. xD What does everybody else think? o3o

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
It does make a lot of sense. It produces a little less head-scratching that way. xD What does everybody else think? o3o

Very less head-scratching, I agree with that! Maybe I should hold out playing BBS until I finish KH1, Re: COM, Days, and KH2.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
There's one logical error in that premise though: Mickey cannot recount all the events from BBS because he was not a major player during BBS and dozens of important events weren't even witnessed by him.

That the players have always seen the series only from Sora's viewpoint is also false. Again in regards to BBS, as there the player sees the events of the series directly from Terra's, Aqua's and Ventus' viewpoints depending on what scenario the player is currently following.

Besides, since Re: Coded we know the exact wording of Mickey's letter and therefore, as nice as the idea may sound, it cannot possibly convey all the information (aka recounting events from Re: Coded, BBS is impossible anyways due to the above reasons) proposed in this idea.

Here is what the letter at the end of KH 2 says:

Mickey Mouse's second letter said:

I wanted to tell you right away,

About memories from the past that sleep within you,
And about the pieces that will tie you to your future.

Sora, Riku, Kairi,
the truth behind the Keyblade, has found its way through so many people, and now I know that it rests in your hearts.
Sora, you are who you are because of those people, but they're hurting, and you're the only one who can end their sadness.
They need you.
It's possible that all your journeys so far, have been preparing you for this great new task that's waiting for you.

I should have known there were no coincidences— only links in a much larger chain of events.

And now the door to your next journey is ready to be opened.
-Mickey

Roxie1563

Awards
There's one logical error in that premise though: Mickey cannot recount all the events from BBS because he was not a major player during BBS and dozens of important events weren't even witnessed by him.

That the players have always seen the series only from Sora's viewpoint is also false. Again in regards to BBS, as there the player sees the events of the series directly from Terra's, Aqua's and Ventus' viewpoints depending on what scenario the player is currently following.

Besides, since Re: Coded we know the exact wording of Mickey's letter and therefore, as nice as the idea may sound, it cannot possibly convey all the information (aka recounting events from Re: Coded, BBS is impossible anyways due to the above reasons) proposed in this idea.

Here is what the letter at the end of KH 2 says:

Oh, wow. I think this is my first time seeing that letter wrote by Mickey to Sora, Riku and Kairi.

Xblade13

Awards
... Well I tried, I guess. :( *starting to feel discouraged in my theory-making abilities* I just figured that that would have been the moment when Sora was most privy to that information.

Roxie1563

Awards
... Well I tried, I guess. :( *starting to feel discouraged in my theory-making abilities* I just figured that that would have been the moment when Sora was most privy to that information.

Hey, come on now, Blades. :) I really like your idea of it. I think Sephly's right though; It would be hard for Mickey to actually tell the whole story of him in the past and what happened in Coded like 5 minutes ago, lol. (I think.)

I was thinking the same thing as well. :) It would have made an impact to Sora.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Oh, wow. I think this is my first time seeing that letter wrote by Mickey to Sora, Riku and Kairi.

It was revealed in the epilogue of Re: Coded, so if you haven't finished it yet it isn't so surprised you haven't seen it before.

Yea, and it was a well thought-out theory as well. Don't let this now pull you down though, you just didn't take into consideration every available material.
That something which can happen to anyone who makes a theory. ^___^

You may laugh but, I had a conversation with Adrian not long ago about this very topic and that Mickey's letter is way too vague and Yen Sid and he failed to properly debrief Sora before DDD starts properly.
Had Sora been aware that he has additional hearts inside him beforehand Young Xehanort's and Xemnas mind screw during DDD would have been way less effective on Sora.
The kicker on top of this is that ín the secret ending of Re: Coded Mickey told Yen Sid that he is very close to figuring out where Ventus' injured heart is. Why Sora wasn't briefed on this is an oversight on Mickey's and Yen Sid's part, but apparently telling Sora stuff about unimportant background lore like the Keyblade War is more important than the hearts inside Sora.

Hey, come on now, Blades. :) I really like your idea of it. I think Sephly's right though; It would be hard for Mickey to actually tell the whole story of him in the past and what happened in Coded like 5 minutes ago, lol. (I think.)

I was thinking the same thing as well. :) It would have made an impact to Sora.

His idea is in terms of logic even better what the actual game give us, as the impact of Xehanort's plan could have been at least lessened if Sora knew about the hearts inside him. And in terms of Coded Mickey would be able to explain everything because there he was present in all important events, only BBS won't work because there Mickey was largely a bystander.

Not only an impact, it would have actively helped Sora because if he knew he could easily have rebuked such speeches like Xemnas makes in the Grid in DDD.

Xblade13

Awards
I know. I'll try to work harder at checking all available information from now on. It definitely would have been a preferable way to debrief Sora that way. :) I guess the 2.5 can still work in relation to the letter though. KH2 leads up to the letter, the letter states that there are people who Sora needs to save. BBS is played then to understand who those people were. Then Recoded is to explain why Mickey sent the letter. Then DDD, and beyond. So instead of it being "the games = the letter", it's "the games = UNDERSTANDING the letter". Is that better?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I know. I'll try to work harder at checking all available information from now on. It definitely would have been a preferable way to debrief Sora that way. :)
Like said, that's something many people who form theories have. That all the available information is spread between games, Famitsu and Ultimania interviews also adds another difficulty level.
Preferable and considerable more logical. They say it is Sora's destiny to bring back all those people, and three of them are directly inside his own heart, so why the heck didn't you inform him on that, Yen Sid or Mickey?

I guess the 2.5 can still work in relation to the letter though. KH2 leads up to the letter, the letter states that there are people who Sora needs to save. BBS is played then to understand who those people were. Then Recoded is to explain why Mickey sent the letter. Then DDD, and beyond. So instead of it being "the games = the letter", it's "the games = UNDERSTANDING the letter". Is that better?

This, and KH 2 Final Mix itself has numerous hints and subtle shoutouts to BBS, like Xigbar's taunts, Xemnas and the chamber of Repose etc.
BBS also has another reason for the 2.5 because the secret ending Blank Points takes place after KH 2 just like Coded and shows us that there are more people in need to be saved besides TAV from BBS itself.

Yeah, good comeback. ;)
BBS and Coded indeed help understanding the letter better (thanks to Mickey being vague, lol).

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
My predictions:

2.5 Remix
-KH2 FM
-cutescenes of RE:Coded
-DDD (playable)

0.5 Remix
-BBS FM
-BBSv2

In terms of chronological ordering & the usage of ".5" in the titles, it makes more sense to me if BBS was a separate set onto itself. As for v2, if only a few of the osaka staff are actually on the ports, then the rest of them gotta be working on something, right? DDD's touch-screen usage can be redone with an analogue stick moving a cursor.

Zero Dozer

Seph0812, I was reading your analysis on Sora being aware of Ventus, and then I thought: why not make that question to Nomura himself?

I mean, make this question: "Wouldn't it had been better if Sora was made aware of having Ventus' heart and Xion's mind inside him? Or the fact that the armor he fought was actually a remnant of the REAL owner of Xehanort's body? Or even about Aqua's whereabouts?"

And you could put your points in Sora getting taunted by the "Xehas" in DDD as a proof.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
My predictions:

2.5 Remix
-KH2 FM
-cutescenes of RE:Coded
-DDD (playable)

0.5 Remix
-BBS FM
-BBSv2

In terms of chronological ordering & the usage of ".5" in the titles, it makes more sense to me if BBS was a separate set onto itself. As for v2, if only a few of the osaka staff are actually on the ports, then the rest of them gotta be working on something, right? DDD's touch-screen usage can be redone with an analogue stick moving a cursor.

The only reason I see that as incredibly unlikely is the whole fact that they would have to remake DDD from the ground up. DDD is a 3D game that utilizes the touch screen as well as has 2 screens for the entire game. Similar to Days, it would just take too long to remake the whole thing and adjust the entire game to deal with whatever Sony system it is on. That is the reason Days was not playable and I expect that to be the same reason DDD isn't playable. If DDD was only cutscenes though, then 2.5 would be 1 games worth of cutscenes and only 1 playable game, so BbS would help fill that void (and help avoid BbSv2 which Nomura already said was canned).

I'm not saying it isn't possible, I just see KH2.5's existence in that hindering on whether or not SE is willing to put nearly a whole team on the game in order to remake all of DDD from the ground up in order to release it worldwide within one year.

Zero Dozer

The only reason I see that as incredibly unlikely is the whole fact that they would have to remake DDD from the ground up. DDD is a 3D game that utilizes the touch screen as well as has 2 screens for the entire game. Similar to Days, it would just take too long to remake the whole thing and adjust the entire game to deal with whatever Sony system it is on. That is the reason Days was not playable and I expect that to be the same reason DDD isn't playable. If DDD was only cutscenes though, then 2.5 would be 1 games worth of cutscenes and only 1 playable game, so BbS would help fill that void (and help avoid BbSv2 which Nomura already said was canned).

I'm not saying it isn't possible, I just see KH2.5's existence in that hindering on whether or not SE is willing to put nearly a whole team on the game in order to remake all of DDD from the ground up in order to release it worldwide within one year.

Uh, I did Days perfectly well without using the touch screen even once. And the same goes for Re: Coded.

kupo1121

Awards
Uh, I did Days perfectly well without using the touch screen even once. And the same goes for Re: Coded.

They can't just port the top screen of DDD to the PS3 and assume that works. The point is, DDD and Days both had a second screen so in order to remake it for the PS3 they'd have to build both of the ground up.

Zero Dozer

They can't just port the top screen of DDD to the PS3 and assume that works. The point is, DDD and Days both had a second screen so in order to remake it for the PS3 they'd have to build both of the ground up.

Uh... Some PS3 games has 3D support. Also, it's not like the bottom screen would be useful on the portable games, except for the menus.

Vəntus

Awards
Website
the-gapra-whitewood.tumblr.com
The Reality Shifts can still work on one screen. The top screen did not do much bar being static while doing them. Additionally these can always be streamlined to work with the face buttons and/or d-pad.

This would not necessarily mean building from the ground up. It's just reworking it so that it is on one screen (afaik, they'd just have to move the bottom screen to appear on the top screen and that's it. Everything else is just reworking to face buttons, d-pad and analog sticks and what not.

Additionally, Days could have been ported but there are several rooms/maps that were exclusive to it. It was not because of the second screen. The second screen, AFAIK, did nothing but hold the map and objective during gameplay, but look at BBS, it had the same things and it did just fine, probably even better.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I don't think porting Days would have done the game enough justice. (Then again, I don't think remaking it would have, either, but I guess what I'm saying is that I don't even want to imagine what Days would look like when expanded on a TV.)

State

Awards
2.5 is before 3, so since 2 and BbS are before 3, then it makes sense. .-.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

1. The Reality Shifts would appear on the tv screen overlaying the main image (nothing's really happening. The left stick moves a cursor for those shifts. DDD is a main game unlike Days & Coded & has PS2 level graphics so I assume it has greater odds of being playable.

2. It wouldn't be nearly as extreme a change as putting TWEWY on phones/tablet.

3. The other reason I think there'll be 3 sets instead of 2: because Square will always take the option that milks the most money out of us. ALWAYS.

kupo1121

Awards
Uh... Some PS3 games has 3D support. Also, it's not like the bottom screen would be useful on the portable games, except for the menus.

I never said 3D was the problem, you could play DDD in 2D for all I care so obviously that isn't the problem. The problem is that since the game was originally made for a system with 2 screens, even if they didn't have to completely rebuild everything from the ground up (they already have the cutscenes, sounds, and models) they'd still have to do a whole bunch of reworking in order to get it to be the disc, and all the reworking would not doubt take a big staff, a handful of people cannot be expected to at least rebuild and reorder a whole game and still release it by next year.

1. The Reality Shifts would appear on the tv screen overlaying the main image (nothing's really happening. The left stick moves a cursor for those shifts. DDD is a main game unlike Days & Coded & has PS2 level graphics so I assume it has greater odds of being playable.

2. It wouldn't be nearly as extreme a change as putting TWEWY on phones/tablet.

3. The other reason I think there'll be 3 sets instead of 2: because Square will always take the option that milks the most money out of us. ALWAYS.

I'm not saying it can't work, any game can be put on any system I'm very sure of it. However, the main problem I see is the time constraints, unless they plan on pushing back a 2.5 to 2015 (and then not release anything next year because KH2 should come either with or before BbS since it makes so many references to it, especially with Terra's Armor) I don't see it as likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back