• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Disney's Cruella - reboot of a remake of a classic

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaijuguy19

I don't see a real reason for this. Cruella's a character that honestly doesn't have much going on for her to warrant a story of how she became the a-hole animal killing fashion designer unlike characters like Maleficent who I admit the backstory of how she came to be was an interesting idea despite not liking how it came out. Even the backstory for her in Once Upon a Time didn't explore that much about her personality which should tell you something. Things like the Jungle Book I do get however since they look to be aiming to be closer to the original stories the animated versions were based upon.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
wow tron 3 was cancelled and this still exists.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
cruella was an evil murderer who also skinned dogs so any inkling of making her sympathetic is bullshit. unless she's continuing her legacy from TASM2 where she helped andrew garfield kill a mentally handicapped man.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
unless she's continuing her legacy from TASM2 where she helped andrew garfield kill a mentally handicapped man.

To be fair, Spidey did try to help him but Electro got to the point where he refused help and was a danger to others as much as himself.

For Cruella though, I wouldn't mind them taking a page out of Once, since it actually had a... well, good adaptation of Cruella (who was severely underutilized but that's neither here nor there). She was without redemption and just 100% evil.

Besides, how would they make her sympathetic? "She was kidnapped as a kid by a pack of rapping Dalmatians from the Animated Titanic movie and so it's okay that she skins puppies now"?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
cruella was an evil murderer who also skinned dogs so any inkling of making her sympathetic is bullshit. unless she's continuing her legacy from TASM2 where she helped andrew garfield kill a mentally handicapped man.

Yeah, even Once Upon a Time didn't try to give her a sympathetic background, and they really really love trying to do that lol.

So yeah, maybe this will really be what I thought Maleficent would be? In that at first she is sympathetic but by the end she is still truly a villain. Like, its hard to spin a reason for why she would want to skin puppies :p In that case they would probably just completely change the story...even more than in Maleficent probably.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
that just raises the issue of disney making a movie about skinning puppies lmao

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You just really want to try and find a reason to hate any film that isn't Tron 3, aren't you.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
You just really want to try and find a reason to hate any film that isn't Tron 3, aren't you.

that was actually a joke, "a movie about skinning puppies". i don't know what you seem to have against me since i posted that tron thing in the maleficent thread.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Yeah, even Once Upon a Time didn't try to give her a sympathetic background, and they really really love trying to do that lol.

So yeah, maybe this will really be what I thought Maleficent would be? In that at first she is sympathetic but by the end she is still truly a villain. Like, its hard to spin a reason for why she would want to skin puppies :p In that case they would probably just completely change the story...even more than in Maleficent probably.

I'm hoping this is what the movie turns out to be. I in no way want to sympathize with Cruella.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The only way they could make Cruella sympathetic is if they showed her mind being completely shattered somehow. Even then, I doubt it'll ever be as good as the Once Upon a Time episode. That was fantastic.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Just watch them dodge that little problem by doing something like this: "Oh, Cruella never actually wanted to skin the puppies, she's just incredibly misunderstood, yadda yadda..."

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
that was actually a joke, "a movie about skinning puppies". i don't know what you seem to have against me since i posted that tron thing in the maleficent thread.
There's just been a lot of hostility towards live action films, and as a, now two time, film student who wants to break into this industry and a fan of these films, it's very frustrating seeing people try to tear it down right from the announcement of the film. Plus your Tron comment in Maleficent sparked a series of Tron posts as well so I think you gotta step back and look at how you might be a leader to some users and you should use that power for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back