• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Disney's Cruella - reboot of a remake of a classic

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The Little Mermaid

Actually, the live-action The Little Mermaid has no connection to Disney or the animated movie, but I hope Disney does something with it eventually. Strangely, there are two liv e-action TJB's being made, one Disney and one non-Disney.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Sigh, Disney has no integrity.

Don`t know what else there is to say. This isn`t going to be the last one so I`m just waiting for what animated flick is up next

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
First they give the Princesses Academy a boot to the head, and now they announce a live action adaption of the 101 Dalmations centered on Cruella? And that middle-aged woman is going to be played by a 27 year old?! Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuung...

Granted, make-up does wonders, but let's see how she handles Cruella.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Genie prequel, Cars 3....Cruella? Where's ma Tron?

Preach it man. I just want the old Disney back that actually has artistic integrity. Poor Walt is probably rolling in his grave right now, and probably has been for years and years.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Genie prequel, Cars 3....Cruella? Where's ma Tron?
Easier to rehash the past than it is to move forward. Especially if moving forward involves making a movie with a very different and unique concept, atmosphere, and setting that requires a lot of creative innovation to work properly. Plus it can't cruise on nostalgia, at least not as much as the others.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Easier to rehash the past than it is to move forward. Especially if moving forward involves making a movie with a very different and unique concept, atmosphere, and setting that requires a lot of creative innovation to work properly. Plus it can't cruise on nostalgia, at least not as much as the others.

They tried that with Tomorrowland, partially. They were just beyond stupid in hiring one of the worst writers in Hollywood for that film and now they're too scared in doing anything original now, even though they're sitting on billions of dollars

Anagram

Banned
Preach it man. I just want the old Disney back that actually has artistic integrity. Poor Walt is probably rolling in his grave right now, and probably has been for years and years.

He's waiting for the day he can get out his cryochamber and retake the reins. A new golden age ;~;

Tron isn't entirely new though. However their stark fear of innovation is honestly in complete contrast to what got them started. Irony.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Tron isn't entirely new though. However their stark fear of innovation is honestly in complete contrast to what got them started. Irony.
I know. But unlike everything else that's being remade, for the average person, Tron isn't one of those things that immediately pops into mind when someone says "Disney." It became popular with time, and because of how everything about it was just very different. There really isn't anything like the Grid or the world from the first movie, and unlike cute talking animals or magical kingdoms, Tron can be difficult to work with and doesn't always click immediately with a general audience. (Though I'd mostly blame complicated plot and technology shenanigans for that. I know that it lost me, frequently.)

I don't think they're so much afraid of innovation or the possibility of failure as they are just more attracted by easier, less risky profits. Why go through so much work without knowing that it'll pay off when you can make a quick lump of cash with less effort?

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Tron has 6 million likes on facebook. That's a hell of a lot more than some of their other pages have. It's definitely well known and not as niche as it was.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
It's not like Tron 2 was a failure either. It spawned one of the best movie soundtracks in a long time if anything.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Tron has 6 million likes on facebook. That's a hell of a lot more than some of their other pages have. It's definitely well known and not as niche as it was.
All you gotta do is convince Disney of that... and they don't seem interested in changing their minds. =w=

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
No, no, no, no, no, no, no. no, no, no, no, no, no, no,no, no,no...and lastly KUPO NO!! I mean really Disney? That movie that I wasted my time, and money on was one thing...but this...just....for Every Star Wars, Gravity Falls, Star Vs. the Forces of Evil, MCU....justyou have to make this?! REALLY?! Screw this!

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
It's not like Tron 2 was a failure either. It spawned one of the best movie soundtracks in a long time if anything.

It's honestly one of my favorite soundtracks of all time ever. And Daft Punk's popularity skyrocketed after the movie. Imagine getting them back for Tron 3, how many new people it'd bring in for the music alone.

All you gotta do is convince Disney of that... and they don't seem interested in changing their minds. =w=

Well if they do, it'd be without Tron since Bruce is pissed at Disney for screwing this up and doesn't wanna do it anymore. Which honestly defeats the purpose of the movie since its the namesake after all

Anagram

Banned
I know. But unlike everything else that's being remade, for the average person, Tron isn't one of those things that immediately pops into mind when someone says "Disney." It became popular with time, and because of how everything about it was just very different. There really isn't anything like the Grid or the world from the first movie, and unlike cute talking animals or magical kingdoms, Tron can be difficult to work with and doesn't always click immediately with a general audience. (Though I'd mostly blame complicated plot and technology shenanigans for that. I know that it lost me, frequently.)

I don't think they're so much afraid of innovation or the possibility of failure as they are just more attracted by easier, less risky profits. Why go through so much work without knowing that it'll pay off when you can make a quick lump of cash with less effort?
Your mistaking the first movie for the series. The first movie was the cult classic that got big over time. The series itself is now well known as you were already told. It's not as difficult or complicated as your trying to pass in disneys defense either, especially in today's cgi-centric world. (The plot is not even that complex, nothing compared to the other series I know you follow)(person gets zapped into computer, that's literally the "complex" plot)

It's also being different that gave it its following. Difference is a good thing in a media overrun with remakes, sequels and the same predictability many movies now have.

I also don't see what's important about makes Disney "pop" into ones head. They want money, what pops into the head isn't a huge concern of theirs. Copyright handled credit anyway.

Semantics. You gravitate towards what's easy when your afraid to do the opposite which comes with innovation or creativity.

They aren't interested because it wouldn't be the easy cash cow way which they're sticking to lo lately.

Them going out of their way to make sure Uprising wasn't seen or even losing the star of the show due to their shenanigans pissing him off shows its more about their attitude than money concern.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Same, I'm at my breaking point almost.

So far we've got:
Aladdin
The Jungle Book
Mulan
Dumbo
Winnie the Pooh (and diddly you too) <-- my own little subtitle
Beauty and the Beast
The Little Mermaid
Pinocchio
Fantasia (Chernabog?)
Tinker Bell
Chip n Dale
Prince Charming
The Sword in the Stone
Pete's Dragon remake
And now Cruella.

What the actual diddly Disney

Truth be told, The Live-Action Jungle Book looks far more appealing and entertaining than the animated version. And Pete's Dragon was so awful and cheesy that a remake is a necessity in order to redeem the niche film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back