• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Disappointment in Square's Recent "Performance"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulicies

While all of this is basically true (if a bit hyperbolic, KH is actually one of the more popular game franchises for the genre and is regularly critically acclaimed), I don't think a devout fan of the series is necessarily meant to rationalize why it isn't being shown as much attention as it could be, ideally. At least for me, it's much more rewarding to criticize every little mishandling of the game saga as it is liekomg the best thing evar rather than giving voice to all of the perfectly legitimate reasons it's not being shown the attention to detail a major blockbuster (by video game standards) release would be. Which isn't to say you're wrong, just that I don't actually, as a consumer, care about any of that. I want what I want and I want it my way, now.

Basically, I'll be happy if, when/if KH3 is developed, there is a large blimp in every major city in the world announcing its imminent release while jets drop care packages of Sora, Donald and Goofy plushies and heart-shaped hot air balloons with speakers broadcast orchestral arrangements from the series' musical scores so loudly buildings quake and windows shatter.
Only the numbered titles get mass critical acclaim. It's popular to hate on the spinoffs, and lately the story is widely credited as being, at the very least, "really, really complicated," and that's when the site is putting it in a nice way.

The spinoffs don't sell as well as the numbered titles in the States, so naturally Squenix made a business decision to choose the most lucrative release date based on careful consideration. A choice that falls flat to the ignorant whiners, i.e., "fans."

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Only the numbered titles get mass critical acclaim. It's popular to hate on the spinoffs, and lately the story is widely credited as being, at the very least, "really, really complicated," and that's when the site is putting it in a nice way.
Not everyone sees "really, really complicated" as a bad thing, but the thrust of your statement is fair enough so I won't argue it further.

The spinoffs don't sell as well as the numbered titles in the States
What I'm choosing to take away from this is that KH3 still has a shot at the international blimp parade promotional motif. Hell yeah. <3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
And I recommend not making Kingdom Hearts the only focus over the next four months. There's plenty of other stuff to do and appreciate that will keep your mind off the wait : )

True this. Join a new fandom while you wait.

tumblr_m2v504JSV41rnbspd.gif

Nyx Winters

The Dawn Fox
Awards
um guys forget whining about kh 3d i mean square has been sucking the metaphorical lemon lately i mean ff-13 wasnt that good and ff versus is taking FOREVER TO COME OUT at this rate we might get it in 2013 and i emphasis on the MAYBE. BUT some good news on the small amount of time on localisation and that they may be making TWEWY 2 (so damn exited if they are)

Shawty

Awards
I don't know why this is such a big deal to you, as others have said we should be glad that the game will be released in other regions. Whether Europe gets it first or not, it will still be released in NA. Just be patient.

Youniquee

Awards
As the others have said, we should even be grateful we're getting the game localized. 4 months isn't that much, time goes by fast anyway. Before you know it, It'll be July 31st.

Narukami

&#7435;&#618;&#628;&#610;&#7448;&#618;&#628; &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Europe still hasn't even gotten Re:CoM, so I don't find it absurd at all that they are getting KH3D before us. Those regions get the screwed over all the time with localized games...

Some games are localized fast (FFXIII-2) because of how popular the series is. Even with how awesome KH3D is, it hasn't caught much attention with the majority of the world outside of Japan until recently. I don't blame Square for wanting to localize the more popular game in a faster time or simultaneously. Video game companies are busy and they aren't going to prioritize a game that is getting mediocre attention. It's all business practice to them.

Key Wielder

Awards
Just for the sake of being repetitive, I agree that we should feel lucky to get the games at all. Release dates really aren't this big a deal. They have always been different; there has always been a gap. The gap between releases for FFXIII-2 was great, but like Sham said, it was planned from the outset. The fact that Europe will be getting it before us is great, even if it doesn't make up for what they HAVEN'T gotten. If I were going to complain about Square's performance, I would err more to the side of their lack of KH merchandise localization in recent years more than anything else.

In the end, Square is a business. No matter how long localization takes, they are going to sell games. In fact, it's being released at a prime time in NA and Europe: during summer vacation. They're making money; we're getting the game at the best possible time to play it. Can't we all be happy?

jmartin912

Okay . . . I'm seriously confused about what you people want. You moan and groan about these "Spin-Off" games being released(Which they aren't anything close to Spin-Off games). But then when they are released you whine about how slow it takes them to come out.

Now . . . The reason I say these games (Birth By Sleep, Coded etc. . . ) Are absolutely not Spin-off games are because Spin-off games are games that delve into a completely different part of the game. Which these do not. A pin off game is like the many games in the Final Fantasy series such as Theatrhythm Final Fantasy. A game that has absolutely nothing to do with the actual story of the main games. It has elements and references to the main games. So . . . Yeah, sorry. I just wanted to get that off my chest. And I'm sure that I'm going to get some sarcastic reply from the forum moderators, but what the hell. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about.

But the only way we could really complain is if we got crap like "Kingdom Hearts: The adventures of Pluto" Or some other shit like that. So . . . We got it pretty good. And just think that the reason that they are taking so long localizing it is to spend more time on Versus. Which we all want desperately, I'm pretty sure.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
And I'm sure that I'm going to get some sarcastic reply from the forum moderators, but what the hell.

Dude, did you even read the comments? You're preaching to the choir.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about.

And just think that the reason that they are taking so long localizing it is to spend more time on Versus.

Localization has no relation to Versus at all.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
In fact, it's being released at a prime time in NA and Europe: during summer vacation. They're making money; we're getting the game at the best possible time to play it. Can't we all be happy?

I'm glad it's not being release during Summer in Australia xD

Sorax 122

I am glad 3D is coming out in summer. Now, I will not have that shameful feeling of "ah crap i should be studying". Also there are other games out that are good( i for one am playing the kupo out of Kid Icarus multiplayer)

jmartin912

Zing! Yup, faster than I thought.
No, sorry, didn't read every single word on all three pages, sorry about that. Guess you'll have to get over that.
The development team is the same for both games, correct? The that's the relation that I made on the fact that they're having to work on both games. Sorry if I'm wrong.
Anyways, all I'm saying is that some people need to decide what they want. Either they want Kingdom Hearts and deal with the "Spin-offs" and wait a while for the games to be localized, or you won't have it at all. I just think all the bickering is stupid.
But, hey, that's just me.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Zing! Yup, faster than I thought.
No, sorry, didn't read every single word on all three pages, sorry about that. Guess you'll have to get over that.
The development team is the same for both games, correct? The that's the relation that I made on the fact that they're having to work on both games. Sorry if I'm wrong.
Anyways, all I'm saying is that some people need to decide what they want. Either they want Kingdom Hearts and deal with the "Spin-offs" and wait a while for the games to be localized, or you won't have it at all. I just think all the bickering is stupid.
But, hey, that's just me.

*headdesk* Nobody is bickering.

You need to learn to read what people are saying before even talking. NOBODY IS BICKERING. Everybody is against OP. You're pretty much typing arguments to nobody!

jmartin912

Sorry, let me rephrase that. whining.
And I'm not really arguing. Just speaking my mind. Sorry if that bothers you. I don't really need to read every single detail before posting. That's what the title is for. So with that and the first page I knew what the general discussion was. No reason to metaphorically bang your head on a desk. But . . . You know if you really want to bang your head on a desk. It wouldn't bother me at all. Go for it.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
It could be worse.

Square could just cancel the series before 3 is even started on claiming some BS reason then blame the fans, and do nothing to remedy the situation. Then everyone loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back