• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did Sora dislike how kairi looked in kh2? Might have spoilers.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry

Ok, first, sorry for my english.
And sorry if this has been asked before.

In KH2 Sora thinks about kairi sometimes.
At the end of second visit in halloween town, he thinks about them dancing, and then he laughs.
At port royal, when the guy (Will?) hugs the girl right before the keyhole shows up, he thinks about kairi too.
And there are other times he thinks about her...

And all this time he had in mind the kairi at 14 years old, short hair, shorter, you know, the kh1 kairi.

But when he finally gets to see her, he says "Kairi you look different ... but im just glad that you are here." So i dont get it... He seemed so disappointed at her looks... It was the first thing he said! "You look different" thats not even a compliment! Even though he tought about her the whole time, when he finally gets to see her, he looks disappointed. Even when she hugs him, he just hugs her back, like "nah, she hugged me so im just gonna hug back"

Im not saying he's supposed to love her or anything. This is not a KairixSora thing. I just dont get it, he thought about them dancing, and probably thought about huggin her when he saw that hug in port royal. As if he missed her so much. And when he sees her... he just says that. Doesnt even look glad. I thought he would be happy and hug her or something, like he did to riku.

Sorry for taking so long, My question is:
So, maybe... did he dislike her new looks? Maybe he liked the 14 years old Kairi, and the 15 years old Kairi doesnt seem pretty to him as the kh1 kairi did? Is he that.. shallow? Is that the word?
Was he disappointed when he saw her new looks?
Maybe I'm missing something? Or geting something wrong?

Again, sorry for my english, for the huge post and if there's already a question like that im sorry. I dont mean to offend anyone, as i said, im not saying im against soraxriku or anything. If I offended someone, please tell me, and im gonna try to fix it.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I think he's just surprised and not entirely sure how to respond to her looking so different from what he expected. That's not really an issue with Riku, because both his initial reveal and the reveal of his 16-year-old self are much more surprising in other ways.

Plus, he hit puberty in between the games, so he might have ended up with some additional awkward feelings that he's unsure how to deal with. ;)

Crystal

Silver Member
Just like Ikkin said :3
I think he was just shock to see the difference on Kairi since they didn't meet each other.

HallsthEien

Hi, you speak Spanish?
my English is so bad too, sorry xD

I don't think he's disappointed, but when he seeing her was when he really became aware of all the time he was away, all the time that she had been waiting for. That's why then he just look to left and says "i'm sorry ..."

PD: in Japanese he sounds much happy to see her than in English.

[video=youtube;y6W91mwlWvA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6W91mwlWvA[/video]

Last edited:

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I think the boobs and short skirt caught him off guard

blackberi

Just imagine how awkward it would be seeing your best friend after a year + of not seeing them. I feel like there was a lot of ice between them, hence the awkward hug. Sora's line, "You are different Kairi," to me, was his horrible way to break the ice and silence between them. At least with Riku there was something to talk about - Riku's appearance and Sora looking for him for a year +, plus Sora's inability to control his overwhelming emotions.

Add what I just said with crazy sexual tension (come on, it was so obvious - the new boobs and short dress) - and you get the awkward reunion and seemingly uncaring Sora.

Or we can also blame this on the bad writing of KH2, that works too.

Sorry

Thanks for the answers.
Ikkin, Crystal: additional awkward feelings ... uhm.. im not sure if i got it right, especially because of that ;D face... which feelings would it be?
Maybe you guys are right, he was shocked or something..
but i still dont get it, he didnt even ask "are you okay? Did someone hurt you?"

HallsthEien, sorry i dont speak spanish, i speak portuguese.
And you are right, he does look happier in japanese... but i expected some ...you know.. he running towards (?) her to check if shes fine, i just find that scene awkward, they just face each other after 1 year, and the first thing he says is You look different lol.
And yeah, I got what u mean, he realized he kept her waiting for 1 year, the part he looks left i understand, i dont understand what comes before that. Imagine your friend in danger and u haven't seen him/her for a year, and when u get to see him/her, you just face him/her from a distance and say "hey you look different" D:

Silverslide... are you mocking me or something ? xD Did you really mean what you said? And do you think she looked like a boy? I think she looked like a doll D:

Nobodiesguard, lol. I think he didnt even notice that, did he?

Blackberi.. hmm.. i dont think is awkward, they know each other for like.. i dont know.. enough time to not be shy. And he doesnt look shy, he look as if he doesnt care much. I cool way to break the ice would be.. hey you look awesome. Come on, Donald broke the ice really easy there. "Kairi, you were great".

Maybe im the problem, not sora, seeing as everyone here finds it normal.

BTW feel free to correct my english if you guys want. I dont mind. Just dont be mean .

Last edited:

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
How could he not notice

Whatever, I guess this is a questioned with multiple answers

Sorry

Well, he doesnt look at her boobs or short dress, or maybe i didnt notice that... and he doesnt go uhm ah i forgot the name, when the face gets all red D:

You know he doesnt go WOA BOOBS, WOA SHORT DRESS xD.

blackberi

Well, he doesnt look at her boobs or short dress, or maybe i didnt notice that... and he doesnt go uhm ah i forgot the name, when the face gets all red D:

You know he doesnt go WOA BOOBS, WOA SHORT DRESS xD.

Yeah but Aqua's face didn't physically turn red when Zack asked her out either, even though Hercules asked why her face was so red afterwards. ;P They don't like to animate blushing in KH apparently.

And Sora definitely noticed Kairi's looks, come on. He's a teenage boy.

Sorry

Whos zack ? I want to see thaaat D: Did she like him?

He's a teenage boy that gets hugged by the girl he suposily loves and the only thing he does is a sad face and putting his hands on her for a short time. Dx

And is her body that different? D: .. ok maybe it is. But still. He spends so little time with her xD. But when he gets to Riku he cries xD, he was really worried about him. And through kh2 he looked worried about kairi also. But when he saw her, he didnt look that worried.

Im sorry if im making something like that such a big deal. As I said, maybe im gettin it wrong >.<

Thanks for the reply ^^.

captain

Bronze Member
She has boobs and he doesn't know what to do because he slept through puberty

Sorry

She has boobs and he doesn't know what to do because he slept through puberty

She had boobs at 14. They were just smaller xD

Davrax, he didnt mind that because he was so happy for finding riku that nothing else mattered...

Edit:
Actually it kind of mattered, remember riku said he could not give up the power of the darkness yet, not until the fight was over? Then Sora was all happy saying "lets end this, what do u guys say?"Something like that. Sora was worried about how Riku was feeling about his look.

Last edited:

blackberi

Whos zack ? I want to see thaaat D: Did she like him?

He's a teenage boy that gets hugged by the girl he suposily loves and the only thing he does is a sad face and putting his hands on her for a short time. Dx

Zack's the Final Fantasy character cameo in BBS. And it's not clear whether Aqua likes him or not, she was just embarrassed. xD

And I agree with you, I'm confused as well. I personally do not like Sora and Kairi as a romantic pair at all but you don't make Sora seem like he doesn't care for the girl (the reunion scene/Roxas and Namine scene) when you're trying to push the fact that he DOES care for her throughout the entire game(s). It's contradicting. I mean, he and Namine had a much better suited 'reunion' in COM/RE:COM where he was MUCH more caring and affectionate - so why doesn't this happen with Kairi in their scene if he -supposedly- cares a lot about the girl? Doesn't make any sense.

Riku looked different and he didn't mind that.
He didn't mind that at all.

This. Sora's uncaring attitude for Kairi is just foreshadowing the gay turn they are going to make in the next games. Hell, SoRiku is almost as canon as SoKai is.

Last edited:

State

Awards
- boobs
- short skirt
- possible hair dye (srs, her hair was a light purple, now it's brown *gasp*)
- them zipperz

impart

Climb The Sky
yes. yes he did

zzzzzzsorasanass.jpg

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
honestly, I don't think he disliked it at all. He was just surprised. Like you said, he went through the whole game imagining her as one way only to find out she had changed. I believe in Japanese the line is an expression that (awkwardly sounding in english) goes like "No matter the face, it's Kairi!" Which basically means, even if she changed appearance wise, she was still the Kairi he remembered and cared about. So, yeah. He liked her just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back