• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Deep Jungle

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kdude17

Pride Lands really had no significance to the overall story and it was kind of a waste of space. Didn't really like Sora as a little lion either.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Deep Jungle had depth and tons of exploration and minigames. Pride Lands didn't have anything... it could have literally been any other world with a different theme and no one would care.

This is the thing I hate about KH2. The worlds there don't really seem to have any identity at all. If you took the layout of the world and redesigned it, but had it shaped exactly the same and be the same size, it could be any other world. They didn't seem to try at all with the worlds in Kingdom Hearts II, which is a pretty big disappointment.

KH1 had the most creative level design in the series, and it really felt like you were exploring the worlds from the Disney movies. BBS is a HUGE step forward though, they did a lot of stuff right with the world design in that. However, I would still say that KH1 had slightly better world design.

And, I am REALLY crossing my fingers for Deep Jungle to return. It is one of the best environments in the series. After finishing Deep Jungle, I always feel like I just finished a big Jungle trek and exploration, which is always a great feeling to have in worlds such as that. They could even make it bigger and better.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
^ This

Kingdom Hearts 2 worlds just feel extremely spaced out with little to no life in them.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Oh yeah, and whether or not Deep Jungle returns, I would love to see the Jungle King keyblade again. It could even be a reward in the Jungle Book world.

Also, does anyone else think it's weird that they supposedly lost the rights in 2003 sometime (since it appeared in KH Final Mix), so it wasn't in Chain of Memories (2004), however they made Tarzan II in 2005, so if they lost the rights then why were they able to make that?

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I'm not really going to try to answer that question because I'm not a know it all patents type guy lol.

Yeah if they could use the jungle book I'd love to see that Keyblade return.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Browsing Gamefaqs makes me sad. Every time Deep Jungle is brought up there, people are like "THE PLATFORMING WAZ HORRIBLE AND I GOT LOST IN THAT WORLD SO THE WORLD IS TERRIBLEZ"

The only platforming I remember was the Hippos Lagoon, and not only was it easy, it was also fun. The vines thing was completely optional.

Last edited:

Shinjuku

Entrapment
You mentioning the getting lost part makes me really want to play Kingdom Hearts 1 all over again. That is the only game in the series that ever needed a map(glad it didn't have one). It made exploring that much more fun.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I completely agree. Why do they even have a Map in KH2? It's a linear and it is completely unnecessary.

I think I got lost a couple of times in worlds like Wonderland, Agrabah, Neverland, and especially Monstro. I thought Deep Jungle was actually one of the more straightforward ones, but it was my very favorite to explore.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
The only level that really and I do mean really needed a map at best was Monstro. I needed one for Hollow Bastion cause it did a little confusing in terms of where the objective was.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
Browsing Gamefaqs makes me sad. Every time Deep Jungle is brought up there, people are like "THE PLATFORMING WAZ HORRIBLE AND I GOT LOST IN THAT WORLD SO THE WORLD IS TERRIBLEZ"

The only platforming I remember was the Hippos Lagoon, and not only was it easy, it was also fun. The vines thing was completely optional.

It was not very fun for me but it was a nice challenge. When I played it the first time I got very very lost and it took me forever to complete the world. I actually enjoyed the vines though. Same with Atlantica and Monstro. It makes my head spin just thinking about it.

kdude17

Wow I forgot all about Hippos Lagoon and most of Deep Jungle. It really was a great world because it was original and the platforming was based on the setting of the movie. Wish I still owned my ps2 so I could play it again :/ I actually might try to find a ps2 cheap somewhere just to play Kingdom Hearts again.

But I agree with the person who said all KH2 worlds were the same and how all you had to do was change the theme. I hope KH3 brings the platforming aspect of the game back and make the chests a challenge to get to. I mean, imagine how much better TWTNW could have been with better platforming.

kdude17

Wow I forgot all about Hippos Lagoon and most of Deep Jungle. It really was a great world because it was original and the platforming was based on the setting of the movie. Wish I still owned my ps2 so I could play it again :/ I actually might try to find a ps2 cheap somewhere just to play Kingdom Hearts again.

But I agree with the person who said all KH2 worlds were the same and how all you had to do was change the theme. I hope KH3 brings the platforming aspect of the game back and make the chests a challenge to get to. I mean, imagine how much better TWTNW could have been with better platforming.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
kdude17, don't double post, though I'm sure that was a mistake considering it was the same post twice.

On the thing of KH1 and KH2...as much as Deep Jungle was fun, I can't help but agreeing that the platforming in the Hippo Lagoon was absolutely terrible until you got the ability to fly, as Sora swam slow and everytime you slipped in the water felt like you just wasted so much time. Mix that in with the vines which were pretty much pointless and I have to admit that the world had many flaws. However, it made up for it with its pros as well. I wouldn't mind if it came back in KH3, but I doubt they'll get the rights to put in Kingdom Hearts ever again.

To the person who remarked about them making a new Tarzan movie in 2005...getting the rights for a video game and for a movie are completely different. Disney may have lost the rights in 2004 for Chain of Memories and then gained it back, or the person who does owe Tarzan may have not liked its Kingdom Hearts rendition and thus not wanted it to return. However, as much as people might disagree, I believe Pridelands should return rather than Deep Jungle purely because Pridelands was so bad and I'd rather not the Lion King world go down in KH history as being pointless. Tarzan had a good world, but Lion King has yet to get that, so I think SE should make up for the Pridelands in KH2 and make a better one later on.

Rix

:)
Awards
Oh, I'm so glad to see that people here likes Deep jungle. I thought it was one of the most hated worlds in the KH-universe. But I loved that world. The design, the gameplay, the story, everything!

Watched Tarzan yesterday and I was thinking about how much I love that world. Too bad we will most likely never see it in a KH game ever again.

Stormfall

Oh wow surprised to see the Deep Jungle love. It's my least favorite world from the whole bunch in KH1! It was just too back and fourth and the vine swinging got old fast.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Nah you need to swing on them to get up to the tree house. To have the scene with Kerchak and Clayton

I never found a way to the Tree House without using the vines. If there's an alternative someone SPEAK UP, FOR THE LOVE OF KERCHAK

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Nah you need to swing on them to get up to the tree house. To have the scene with Kerchak and Clayton

Wrong.

I never found a way to the Tree House without using the vines. If there's an alternative someone SPEAK UP, FOR THE LOVE OF KERCHAK

Go to Hippos Lagoon. Don't go to the first Vines area that's directly on your left upon entering. Instead, jump across all of the Hippos until you get to the pole/tree thing. Climb the pole to get to (I think it's Vines 2) the next area. Immediately turn around, and climb the vine shrubs right next to you to go even higher.

You should be in Treetops. Take a certain door there and you will be at the Treehouse.

CA59

Gamefaqs is stupid. No words can describe just how stupid they are.

Only their guides are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back