• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

DBZ Budokai Series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
sora364 said:
Why? Because it will make Budokai 3 seem suckier to a gamer who looks for THOSE qualities in a game.

Well, that's just too bad. If I were to use your logic, E.T. could be considered a good game.

sora364 said:
Another thing, Dragonball came WAY before tekken was even created. So that rules out your "tries to be like Tekken with super-powered monkeys" story.

The anime may have come first, but Budokai definitely wasn't a first generation PSone game. Tekken was. My statement still holds. Uh-oh! It looks like you chose a poor rebuttal.

sora364 said:
I will admit Tekken IS more in depth than Budokai. BUT it doesn't mean that the Budokai franchise is any less a game than Tekken.

It doesn't make it less of a game, it just makes it a shallow and unrefined game.

sora364 said:
Budokai's fighting Mechanics are DIFFERENT from most fighters. It IS NOT poorly executed.

Okay, how are they that different?

sora364 said:
It seems different to you because you like games like Tekken and Soul Calibur. Since Budokai is different from these games, you feel they are not on par with what you should expect.

Precisely. I don't like Budokai because I like good fighting games.

sora364 said:
All those guys are experts on whats good and bad about games.

Exactly what makes them "experts" on quality games, because they have their own websites? If "experts" had a website that reviewed a turd sandwich as a delicious treat, would you believe them?

sora364 said:
Peh, thats Pathetic no matter how much want to be accepted. You worship Moderators as though they were your God or Boss/Manager. It's not like they're actually gonna pay you for sucking up. I already know you "Suck Up" to Manchester, he pratically said it on his Sig. If this were the reason people get along with you, how come I don't?

The concept of sarcasm eludes you, doesn't it?

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
sora364 said:
Cloud Unchained, What you just said didn't make any sense. You said you'd have to be a button masher to like Budokai. The games Square Ninja described, you seem to like. The problem is, since you like these games that makes YOU a button masher. And since you are a button masher that means you MUST like Budokai.But since you obviously DON'T, Just simply say you don't like the gameplay, fighting system, and features. It sounds much more logical.

Wait, wait. Let me attempt to see this in your logic.

So, if I like ANY fighting game, I'd be a button masher? You're terribly mistaken. I might not be a self-proclaimed "Advanced Player," such as yourself, but I don't button mash. I brought up this whole arguement because I hated the fact that this game is a button masher.

GTX

Gee Tee Ecks
No need to agrue here.

sora364 said:
And Cloud Unchained what you said about budokai being a button masher for 10 year olds is a big fat lie.
Yes it is. Part of it is true. Yes I do own the game and I enjoy playing it, but you do have to admit on some parts it is.

sora364 said:
More than likely you either just don't like the Dragonball series period, or just suck at the game.
who says you need to like a series or be good at it to think the game sucks?

Cloud_Unchained said:
Whatever. I bet you could own anyone. Go ahead. It's not like it takes any skill to do combos and such. If you can remember simple five button combinations, you can own.
That is also true. I just use the 5 step combo and it does enough damage. I usually tend to forget the longer ones and have to pull up the screen, but I'm usually lazy.

Cloud_Unchained said:
What I say about Budokai is my own opinion and you can't prove it wrong.
No you can't prove it wrong. It's like if I say Rikku is ugly and try to convince C_U that she is, it's just not gonna happen.

sora364 said:
Square Ninja, you have the wrong idea. I was talking about button mashers IN GENERAL. Cloud Unchained basically said ALL button mashers sucked. I just corrected her by comparing a button masher that neither of you like to a awesome button masher that EVERYONE loves.
Scans C-U's posts. I see nothing about saying button mashers suck. C_U's a guy, not a girl. It should be obvious if you look at his sigs and all.

sora364 said:
Its a good fighter, but you guys compare it to alot of other fighting games out there, making it seem suckier than it actually is.
It's a fighting genre game. It should be compared to other fighting genre games, like Tekken.

Square Ninja said:
No, I don't take this game seriously because it's a shameless steaming pile of cash-in on a well-established franchise from a different medium. If Budokai played like Virtua Fighter or Soul Calibur, I would take it seriously.
Thats his opinion as well. I'll have to point you back to the C_U and Rikku thing.

sora364 said:
PS: This thread is for the FANS of the series. If you don't like it, don't post or make your own " Anti Budokai Series Hate Thread" And Square Ninja, you suck up to alot of users and mods around here. Be your own person for god sakes..............
This was mainly about the series. Not a fan thread. Square Ninja basically says intellegent things and mods respect him for that. Not considered sucking up.

sora364 said:
Why? Because it will make Budokai 3 seem suckier to a gamer who looks for THOSE qualities in a game. Another thing, Dragonball came WAY before tekken was even created. So that rules out your "tries to be like Tekken with super-powered monkeys" story. I will admit Tekken IS more in depth than Budokai. BUT it doesn't mean that the Budokai franchise is any less a game than Tekken. Budokai's fighting Mechanics are DIFFERENT from most fighters. It IS NOT poorly executed. It seems different to you because you like games like Tekken and Soul Calibur. Since Budokai is different from these games, you feel they are not on par with what you should expect. But, let me ask you this?, How can Budokai "suck" if its latest installment has pulled in such high ratings? The games ARE in depth just not as much as other fighters. Here are some ratings for the game:

Gamespot: 8.2/ 10.0 being the highest

IGN: 8.0/ 10.0 being the highest

GameSpy: 4/ 5 being the highest

Gamepro: 4.5/ 5 being the highest

PSX Extreme: 8.5/ 10 being the highest.

Worth Playing: 8.8/ 10 being the highest

1up: 8/ 10 being the highest.

Game Zone: 8.1/ 10 being the highest

I don't think sucky games can get high ratings like that. Sure, they are not as high as Tekken 5's ratings, but they are still pretty damn good for a game that "sucks". All those guys are experts on whats good and bad about games. Overall, Budokai is a great game no matter WHAT you say. Anything else is just your personal opinion.

Peh, thats Pathetic no matter how much want to be accepted. You worship Moderators as though they were your God or Boss/Manager. It's not like they're actually gonna pay you for sucking up. I already know you "Suck Up" to Manchester, he pratically said it on his Sig. If this were the reason people get along with you, how come I don't?
Square Ninja said it all in his post.

Cloud_Unchained said:
Wait, wait. Let me attempt to see this in your logic.

So, if I like ANY fighting game, I'd be a button masher? You're terribly mistaken. I might not be a self-proclaimed "Advanced Player," such as yourself, but I don't button mash. I brought up this whole arguement because I hated the fact that this game is a button masher.
I do, its fun you should try it.

Everyone has their own opinion on the game and you can't change it. I enjoyed the game and no one can tell me I don't or convince me that its bad, because I already made my choice on it.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
And there you have it. Thanks much GTX.

BTW, say Rikku's ugly, I'll rip your face off and make it rabid raccoon fodder.

(~Perfection_Achieved~)

Rikku's Heart and Soul...
Website
www.myspace.com
Cloud_Unchained said:
No. You're assuming that's what I meant. You're wrong. I said that you'd love this game if you're a button masher. I meant this DIRECTLY towards Budokai.

You must not have played Budokai 3 C_U, because if you attempt to button mash against me or another good player, you won't last 20 seconds. The revamped battle system causes you to think about your attacks (much like Soul Calibur 2). The battles me and my friends have could last from 30 seconds to 15 minutes. I agree that DBZ: Budokai 2 was more so for button mashing, but not the 3rd. And as for Tenkaichi, that one surpasses all other Budokai games and could very well become one of the greatest fighting games (like SC:2, MK: Deception, or Tekken 5) but we must see before that can be said.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
GTX said:
No need to agrue here.

This isn't an arguement. This is a debate on whether a game sucks or not by proving logical points.

GTX said:
Yes it is. Part of it is true. Yes I do own the game and I enjoy playing it, but you do have to admit on some parts it is.

No, I don't have to admit it because it is untrue. You don't have to be 10 years old to actually like this game at times. You are far older than 10 years old and you certainly like it. Don't you?

GTX said:
who says you need to like a series or be good at it to think the game sucks?

Obvioulsy I do.

GTX said:
That is also true. I just use the 5 step combo and it does enough damage. I usually tend to forget the longer ones and have to pull up the screen, but I'm usually lazy.?

True? This is most certainly a definte lie. Try using the 5 step combo on a CPU with the Z3 difficulty set and see how far you get.

GTX said:
No you can't prove it wrong. It's like if I say Rikku is ugly and try to convince C_U that she is, it's just not gonna happen.

You are right. I can't change how he feels about the game, its his personal opinion. Who said I was trying to change it? I was just saying the overall opinion of what people think of the game. You shouldn't have to convince Cloud_Unchained Rikku isn't ugly. He shouldn't be judging game characters in the 1st place. Thats sick.

GTX said:
Scans C-U's posts. I see nothing about saying button mashers suck. C_U's a guy, not a girl. It should be obvious if you look at his sigs and all.

Like I actually care or pay attention to the Gender the users around here are.

GTX said:
It's a fighting genre game. It should be compared to other fighting genre games, like Tekken.

You have mistook the whole purpose of what I said. By comparison, people of the Tekken franchise will feel Budokai is nothing compared to it. What I mean is, don't compare Budokai to games which you FEEL are better.

GTX said:
Thats his opinion as well. I'll have to point you back to the C_U and Rikku thing.

Yes, this is an opinion. You've already wasted your time pointing that out already. I can read you know.

GTX said:
This was mainly about the series. Not a fan thread. Square Ninja basically says intellegent things and mods respect him for that. Not considered sucking up.

Wrong. If you actually read what the topic creator said, here it is again.
I thought the games were awsome specially all the game difficulty modes and characters. I like how there is more to it and fight Broly and Cooler during the shows that never talked about nor showed. My fav boss is ought to be Broly I mean look at the size of that dude....Damn! He is all buff and muscular and he is hella tall. What do you like the
about the game or experence in the game that you like and what is your favorite battle?

Ahem, If i'm not mistaken its actually asking you what did you LIKE about the game NOT what you don't like. Have you read most of Square Ninja's posts? I'd hardly call them intelligent and on the immature child side. The reason mods like him *have only seen this with Manchester* like him is because he sucks up to them, no questions asked.

GTX said:
Square Ninja said it all in his post..

No he didn't.

GTX said:
Everyone has their own opinion on the game and you can't change it. I enjoyed the game and no one can tell me I don't or convince me that its bad, because I already made my choice on it.

Agreed.

The One He Fears said:
You must not have played Budokai 3 C_U, because if you attempt to button mash against me or another good player, you won't last 20 seconds. The revamped battle system causes you to think about your attacks (much like Soul Calibur 2). The battles me and my friends have could last from 30 seconds to 15 minutes. I agree that DBZ: Budokai 2 was more so for button mashing, but not the 3rd. And as for Tenkaichi, that one surpasses all other Budokai games and could very well become one of the greatest fighting games (like SC:2, MK: Deception, or Tekken 5) but we must see before that can be said.

Finally, someone intelligent.Thank You! That is my point exactly. You took the words right out of my mouth.

GTX

Gee Tee Ecks
sora364 said:
This isn't an arguement. This is a debate on whether a game sucks or not by proving logical points.
Didn't seem like it.
sora364 said:
And Square Ninja, you suck up to alot of users and mods around here. Be your own person for god sakes..............
That sounded like an insult. Nothing to do with the topic. You brought that up out if no where.

sora364 said:
No, I don't have to admit it because it is untrue. You don't have to be 10 years old to actually like this game at times. You are far older than 10 years old and you certainly like it. Don't you?
At times yes it is. I was saying yes it was a button masher, not yes it was for 10 year olds. And yes I do like it, and last time I checked I was 14 and a half.

sora364 said:
Obvioulsy I do.
Being a fan or your skill at the game has nothing to do on how you feel on it.

sora364 said:
True? This is most certainly a definte lie. Try using the 5 step combo on a CPU with the Z3 difficulty set and see how far you get.
You assume I'm an expert on the game. I barely even set it that high since I know I'm no where near that skill level. And yes most 5 combo attacks can easily beat an opponent. Be SS4, do it and you'll most likely beat it like that. Use it with a CPU you will be able to beat it with a five combo attacks. The extra moves are cool, but not necessary in a fight unless you wanna see cool moves.

sora364 said:
You are right. I can't change how he feels about the game, its his personal opinion. Who said I was trying to change it? I was just saying the overall opinion of what people think of the game. You shouldn't have to convince Cloud_Unchained Rikku isn't ugly. He shouldn't be judging game characters in the 1st place. Thats sick.
Then why do you keep argrueing with their opinions? You were saying the overall opinion, but why do you keep trying to prove what they think wrong? No it's not sick to judge a game character, its a hobby :D.

sora364 said:
Like I actually care or pay attention to the Gender the users around here are.
Its polite to know other people's gender. You wouldn't mind if I called you the opposite sex that you are, now would you?

sora364 said:
You have mistook the whole purpose of what I said. By comparison, people of the Tekken franchise will feel Budokai is nothing compared to it. What I mean is, don't compare Budokai to games which you FEEL are better.
If its a good fighting genre game it should be able to be good by comparison. And I'm not comparing what games I feel are better, I think Budokai is better then Tekken. It can be compared to any/all other fighting genre games, and should. If its a good game it will be better than the other.

sora364 said:
Yes, this is an opinion. You've already wasted your time pointing that out already. I can read you know.
I just said that to say it, and I know you can read, most people can.

I thought the games were awsome specially all the game difficulty modes and characters. I like how there is more to it and fight Broly and Cooler during the shows that never talked about nor showed. My fav boss is ought to be Broly I mean look at the size of that dude....Damn! He is all buff and muscular and he is hella tall. What do you like the </FONT></FONT>about the game or experence in the game that you like and what is your favorite battle?

If it was a fan thread he would either put it in the title or mention no trash talk about it, or mention this is a fan thread. And that was a question for the fans (including me) pointed to the fans.

sora364 said:
No he didn't.
I will later then, to restate what he said.

sora364 said:
Finally, someone intelligent.Thank You! That is my point exactly. You took the words right out of my mouth.
If those were your words why didn't you say them earlier?Are you saying we aren't intelligent? Rude :rolleyes:. Learn some manners.

sora364 said:
Ahem, If i'm not mistaken its actually asking you what did you LIKE about the game NOT what you don't like. Have you read most of Square Ninja's posts? I'd hardly call them intelligent and on the immature child side. The reason mods like him *have only seen this with Manchester* like him is because he sucks up to them, no questions asked.

It seems like another insult to me. Yes I have read most posts, and most of them are intelligent and the ones that aren't were sarcasum or flaming most likely. Everyone's a little immature, keep in mind were not adults were teens(which most are immature). I've seen MegaFlare, Monkey, Manchester and other mods and members take a liking to him. I haven't noticed him sucking up, if he did it again might be sarcasum.

sora364

Awards
GTX said:
Didn't seem like it..

If this were an arguement 9x out of 10 flaming would be involved.

GTX said:
That sounded like an insult. Nothing to do with the topic. You brought that up out if no where.

Sounds Like an insult, meant to be an insult, but it isn't. It's the honsest truth. I will admit, it is off topic. But you fail to understand he is off topic as well. This thread is based on how you LIKE the series if you don't like it you shouldn't post. Saying you DISLIKE it is off topic. I said that because he was off topic, so I decided to make up an insult which was the truth in retaliation. Don't ask why I did it, I just felt like it at the time. I don't know why myself.............

GTX said:
At times yes it is. I was saying yes it was a button masher, not yes it was for 10 year olds. And yes I do like it, and last time I checked I was 14 and a half.

Oh, I'm sorry, I get your point now. You should have said that more clearer like this one^^.

GTX said:
Being a fan or your skill at the game has nothing to do on how you feel on it.

Actually, that has ALOT to do with it. If you are a REALLY hardcore fan such as my self, you'd look at the liscense yet still love it as a fighting game. I'm not saying you don't, just proving a point. For example, I KNOW I suck at racing games. Which is exactly why I hate every last one of them, because I just suck at them.So that can play a major role. Or another example, normally people who are really good at a game, play it alot and improve at it. I'm good with RPG's, Platformers, Adventures, shooters, and fighters. Since I'm good at them, I tend to like them more than others.

GTX said:
You assume I'm an expert on the game. I barely even set it that high since I know I'm no where near that skill level. And yes most 5 combo attacks can easily beat an opponent. Be SS4, do it and you'll most likely beat an opponent on your level. That works as well with most other characters.

Wrong. I don't assume anyone as an expert until I see it for myself. It doesn't matter what your skill level is. I was saying " using the standard generic 5 hit combo" won't always get you anywhere. For example, I consider myself to be between the Z1 and Z2 levels. The 5 hit combo won't work against a CPU or player of a higher skill level. SS4 Goku's 10x Kamehameha can easily be avoided. If your in the process of getting hit or on the other side of the arena, simply tap the D-Pad in the direction in your opponet and the X button at the exact same time, and you have successful avoided a strong attack with little effort at all. Or simply tap the D-pad and the X button at the same time up or down, you've done it again! Catch my drift?

GTX said:
Then why do you keep argrueing with their opinions? You were saying the overall opinion, but why do you keep trying to prove what they think wrong? No it's not sick to judge a game character, its a hobby :D.

For the last time, NO ONE IS ARGUEING! Were are having a creative discussion, thank you very much. Why am I "against" their opinions. Isn't it obvious? They are against mine!lol!
Judging game character "Sprites and Pixels" to be exact, is just plain wrong. Sick and perverted. You can't talk to or touch a game character, because they aren't real. Thats like drawing an anime character and falling in love with it. YUCK!

GTX said:
Its polite to know other people's gender. You wouldn't mind if I called you the opposite gender that you are?

You are right. It is polite. However, when people make light of me, I have a tendency to say hurtful things. If you were to call me the wrong gender I would politley correct you, if you did it again I'd flame the crap out of you.

GTX said:
If its a good fighting genre game it should be able to be good by comparison. And I'm not comparing what games I feel are better, I think Budokai is better then Tekken. It can be compared to any/all other fighting genre games, and should. If its a good game it will be better than the other.

This was not directed to you, it was directed to Square Ninja and Cloud Unchained.But thats one opinion we share. I too like Budokai better than Tekken. I was reffering to people whom don't like the series. Square Ninja said Budokai was a cash-in. Thats not true. Ever played Dragonball Z Sagas, Square Ninja? THATS A CASH- IN! I understand your point GTX. You can be understandble at times as well.

GTX said:
I just said that, and I know you can read, most people can.

Ooooookkkkaaaayyyy?..................

GTX said:
If it was a fan thread he would either put it in the title or mention no trash talk about it, or mention this is a fan thread. And that was a question for the fans (including me).

I fail to see your point. This IS a fan thread. He doesn't have to mention don't say anything bad about it, in order for it to be a fan thread. This thread was basically made to ask you what you liked about the game and what were your favorite experiences in it. I'll P.M the Topic creator and ask him was this meant for fans of the games. More than likely, he'll say yes.

GTX said:
I will later then, to restate what he said

Please do so. If he did, I wouldn't have wasted my time posting those ratings in the 1st place.

GTX said:
If those were your words why didn't you say them earlier?Are you saying we aren't intelligent? Rude :rolleyes:. Learn some manners.

Actually, I meant that partly. I DID say those things *except with Tenkaichi*. He summed up all that I wanted to say with a greater impact. Everyone couldn't understand a word I was saying for some odd reason *with the exception of Evarae, is this because he is actually a huge fan of the franchise such as you and I? Yes.

GTX said:
It seems like another insult to me. Yes I have read most posts, and most of them are intelligent and the ones that aren't were sarcasum or flaming most likely. Everyone's a little immature, keep in mind were not adults were teens(which most are immature). I've seen MegaFlare, Monkey, Manchester and other mods and members take a liking to him. I haven't noticed him sucking up, if he did it again might be sarcasum.

Does everything I say seem like an insult to you? GOSH! You obviously haven't read most of his post *not that you should,people should have better things to do with there time.* Every thread we've been on, I'd hardly say was on the intelligent side. Most of his post have to do with sarcasm in which he tries to be funny, for example:

Square Ninja said:
I believe that you're telling the truth, just like how I'm telling the truth by stating that my penis is long enough to wrap around my leg twice and stick it my ear. I know most poeple on the internet lie about things like this, but I'm not. It's the truth, I swear it.

Yeah, Very intelligent. I say he is a suck up because if a user or mod says something he likes or agrees with, he'll say random crap like "You sir, are the man" or "You are awesome". And he continues to do so until he gains their respect. You call that NOT sucking up? I too have a good relation with the mods. But unlike square Ninja, I don't suck up. I follow the rules, report bad threads and refrain from spamming and often get complimented. Well, anyway I tired about talking about Square Ninja. Lets change the subject please. This is getting old.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
How in the hell can Budokai be compared to Virtua Fighter 4 or anything I mean a game that lets you shoot energy blasts and fly at the same times vs. people just punching each other and jump around acting like they can fly naw I'm just kidding about that but Budokai is a great game it really isn't a button masher if you ask me I've played 2 and 3 not 1 but still playing 2 my sisters button mash all the time they still can't beat me cause some moves can't really be button mashed if you know what I mean but still anyway Budokai can't really be compared to any other fighting game reason being it lets you fly and shoot energy waves and blast and all that good stuff the only other game I played that let you do that was Flying Dragon fot the N64 a long time ago(don't ask about that game) but still none the less this game rocks and I'm not really even a hardcore fan of the series I watch the show and nothing more

GTX

Gee Tee Ecks
sora364 said:
Oh, I'm sorry, I get your point now. You should have said that more clearer like this one^^.
Laziness keeps me from explaing things well, unless I have too.

sora364 said:
Actually, that has ALOT to do with it. If you are a REALLY hardcore fan such as my self, you'd look at the liscense yet still love it as a fighting game. I'm not saying you don't, just proving a point. For example, I KNOW I suck at racing games. Which is exactly why I hate every last one of them, because I just suck at them.So that can play a major role. Or another example, normally people who are really good at a game, play it alot and improve at it. I'm good with RPG's, Platformers, Adventures, shooters, and fighters. Since I'm good at them, I tend to like them more than others.
I see your point on that. I was one of the rare people that liked DBZ sagas. Hatred towards the series can effect the liking on the game I suppose. But i still stand by my opinion.

sora364 said:
Wrong. I don't assume anyone as an expert until I see it for myself. It doesn't matter what your skill level is. I was saying " using the standard generic 5 hit combo" won't always get you anywhere. For example, I consider myself to be between the Z1 and Z2 levels. The 5 hit combo work against a CPU or player of a higher skill level. SS4 Goku's 10x Kamehameha can easily be avoided. If your in the process of getting hit or on the other side of the arena, simply tap the D-Pad in the direction in your opponet and the X button at the exact same time, and you have successful avoided a strong attack with little effort at all. Or simply tap the D-pad and the X button at the same time up or down, you've done it again! Catch my drift?
I'll stand by my opinion still.

sora364 said:
For the last time, NO ONE IS ARGUEING! Were are having a creative discussion, thank you very much. Why am I "against" their opinions. Isn't it obvious? They are against mine!lol!
Judging game character "Sprites and Pixels" to be exact, is just plain wrong. Sick and perverted. You can't talk to or touch a game character, because they aren't real. Thats like drawing an anime character and falling in love with it. YUCK!
It still seems like an agruement from a few pages back, due to the getting off topic and insults (what I consider insults at least). "Why am I "against" their opinions. Isn't it obvious? They are against mine!lol!" You got me there.
I like Rinoa's body! I'm filthy like that. Now if you'll excuse me I got a Rinoa picture to draw.

sora364 said:
You are right. It is polite. However, when people make light of me, I have a tendency to say hurtful things. If you were to call me the wrong gender I would politley correct you, if you did it again I'd flame the crap out of you.
Politeness is gone in today's society:(

sora364 said:
This was not directed to you, it was directed to Square Ninja and Cloud Unchained.But thats one opinion we share. I too like Budokai better than Tekken. I was reffering to people whom don't like the series. Square Ninja said Budokai was a cash-in. Thats not true. Ever played Dragonball Z Sagas, Square Ninja? THATS A CASH- IN! I understand your point GTX. You can be understandble at times as well.
At rare times I can.

sora364

Awards
crownmeking said:
what I mean but still anyway Budokai can't really be compared to any other fighting game reason being it lets you fly and shoot energy waves and blast and all that good stuff

Thats what I was trying to say earlier. Budokai is DIFFERENT its UNIQUE, which is the main reason people don't like it.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Disregarding the backhanded insults thrown at me in your last post, sora364, I suggest you stop. This was my post.

Cloud_Unchained said:
Well, I don't think very highly of the game. The unlockables make cool features (Gotenks, Gogeta, Gokule, Hercule etc etc). The game is fun for at least 10 minutes, then it becomes the same annoying button combinations. They didn't get very creative with the combo system either. The graphics are atcually very good (or at least the cel shaded games). Overall, this game is fun if you're one of the button mashing ten year olds out there.

This is MY opinion. Not anyone elses MINE. And I'm entitled to KEEP my opinion without being persecuted for it.

This was your post.
sora364 said:
And Cloud Unchained what you said about budokai being a button masher for 10 year olds is a big fat lie. More than likely you either just don't like the Dragonball series period, or just suck at the game. Have you ever played SSBM? Its a button masher and EVERYONE loves the game. I for one am a God at it. So what you said about budokai is untrue.

You started this. You were the one who fanned the flames.

sora364 said:
Cloud Unchained basically said ALL button mashers sucked. I just corrected her by comparing a button masher that neither of you like to a awesome button masher that EVERYONE loves.
Note. Everyone means the entire populace. 6 Billion People. If you can give me proof that SIX BILLION PEOPLE love this game, I'll shut up. But this will be impossible, because even if everyone else likes the game, it would only be 5,999,999,999 people who like the game because I DON'T LIKE IT.

sora364 said:
Gamespot: 8.2/ 10.0 being the highest

IGN: 8.0/ 10.0 being the highest

GameSpy: 4/ 5 being the highest

Gamepro: 4.5/ 5 being the highest

PSX Extreme: 8.5/ 10 being the highest.

Worth Playing: 8.8/ 10 being the highest

1up: 8/ 10 being the highest.

Game Zone: 8.1/ 10 being the highest
So what. It's nothing more than OPINION. You seem to highly agree with the opinions that are on your side. I don't see you telling THEM that they're wrong and everything they've said is a big fat lie.

In accordance with TOHF's post.
sora364 said:
So... He's intelligent because he's on YOUR side? What if he were to disagree with you and said that Budokai was a second rate game? Would that take the title of intelligent from him? Is it because he has the same opinion as you he's intelligent?

There. Thus concludes THE POST OF JUSTICE.

Temmuh

Awesome? ...No.

Horrible? ...Nah.

Oh, and sorry about my noob-like appearance, I used to be here, but I lost my account information, and haven't taken the time to find a decent avatar.

But as far as the games go? They're okay. Not a buy, definatley, but if you want to rent it if you're bored, if you're a DB/Z/GT fan, than you'll probably like it. Otherwise, ya might want to just keep away from it.

And those are my words of wisdom. Nyaah.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Evarae said:
I like DBZ Budokai series but there is no point arguing about which game is better. I haven't played other fighting games much but I know that there are games which might be better than it.

There are games that are better. It's definitely not the best.

sora364

Awards
WOW! You are desperatly trying to turn this into a flame war aren't you? I just said that was a big fat lie, about you saying Budokai was a button masher liked by only 10 year olds. You have already stated your point, and i myself have already said you are entitled to your opinion. Drop it. Any further "arguements" will be started by YOU if you post another thing in regards to this post.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
sora364 said:
WOW! You are desperatly trying to turn this into a flame war aren't you? I just said that was a big fat lie, about you saying Budokai was a button masher liked by only 10 year olds. You have already stated your point, and i myself have already said you are entitled to your opinion. Drop it. Any further "arguements" will be started by YOU if you post another thing in regards to this post.

Funny. Started by me? You started this by actually mentioning me and insulting me in your post. I had my opinion and you criticized me for it.

Temmuh

...What I find funny is you guys are arguing over a Dragon Ball Z fighting game. XD

...Sorry.

Different people have different tastes in games (I, for instance, LOVE RPG's, adventures, and FPS's. Some others I think are okay. I can't stand Sports games, and strategy games are pretty boring for me. My friends, on the other hand, like either a mix, give or take, or the opposite of what I like. We still get along and are our own gamer).

Evarae

Temmuh said:
...What I find funny is you guys are arguing over a Dragon Ball Z fighting game. XD

...Sorry.

Different people have different tastes in games (I, for instance, LOVE RPG's, adventures, and FPS's. Some others I think are okay. I can't stand Sports games, and strategy games are pretty boring for me. My friends, on the other hand, like either a mix, give or take, or the opposite of what I like. We still get along and are our own gamer).

That is probably the best way of saying it Temmuh. I also like RPG's, adventures and FPS. I also don't like sport games as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back