• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

DBZ Budokai Series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Square Ninja said:
Well, with all those neat little additions to the third one, I can see why that is. The core gameplay is just stiff and too boring for me.

Also, I'm nowhere near as enamored as some of you are with Dragon Ball Z.

S

Shadow Soldier

Yeah I used to like it, but the series just got really really old and should have ended along time ago. The games I dont mind, but they have to stop shoving these damn pathetic, non adventure, combat games on us.

Sonik

really, to be truthfull i dont know one person who didn't like the game.To me the third is the best but the fist still beats the second one.I just can't wait for budukai Tenkaichia arives on the psp.

Oh and what you been up to gaulet not much i suppose? :cool:

also i like the show but the whole story kept doing the same thing

1.bad guy comes with some really bad background check

2.good guys train to defeat the bad guy

3.strongets good guy fights

4.good guy dies

5.other good guy gets power boost and fights

6.all hope seems lost

7.good guys end up winning and dead good guy gets revieved

also the whole dragon ball z thing was depicted from a japanese legend that is more intresing than the show :D

and now my fingers hurt :eek:

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Well, I don't think very highly of the game. The unlockables make cool features (Gotenks, Gogeta, Gokule, Hercule etc etc). The game is fun for at least 10 minutes, then it becomes the same annoying button combinations. They didn't get very creative with the combo system either. The graphics are atcually very good (or at least the cel shaded games). Overall, this game is fun if you're one of the button mashing ten year olds out there.

Gaulet

Ok Sonic what do you mean your fingers hurt? And yeah the game is getting old but I like how they set the storys for Broly and stuff.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
Budokai 1's story was good and so were the graphics. It was a good 1st try for dimps.

Budokai 2, plain and simple sucked. The "Dragon World" bored the hell out of me. There weren't many improvements or changes in the gameplay.

Budokai 3 is awesome. The best out of the series. Characters you actually WANT to see, new story, all new gameplay mechanics and solid gameplay.

I will own ANYONE I don't care who you are, in these games. I have yet to find a person who can beat me in it. I also have 100% capsules in each of these games. In budokai, I am the ULTIMATE pwner.

And Cloud Unchained what you said about budokai being a button masher for 10 year olds is a big fat lie. More than likely you either just don't like the Dragonball series period, or just suck at the game. Have you ever played SSBM? Its a button masher and EVERYONE loves the game. I for one am a God at it. So what you said about budokai is untrue.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
sora364 said:
And Cloud Unchained what you said about budokai being a button masher for 10 year olds is a big fat lie. More than likely you either just don't like the Dragonball series period, or just suck at the game. Have you ever played SSBM? Its a button masher and EVERYONE loves the game. I for one am a God at it. So what you said about budokai is untrue.

Whatever. I bet you could own anyone. Go ahead. It's not like it takes any skill to do combos and such. If you can remember simple five button combinations, you can own. I've played the game, but I tired from the repetitive button pressing and the predictableness of the gameplay.

SSMB is different. It's meant to be a button masher.

What I say about Budokai is my own opinion and you can't prove it wrong.

sora364

Awards
Cloud_Unchained said:
Whatever. I bet you could own anyone. Go ahead. It's not like it takes any skill to do combos and such. If you can remember simple five button combinations, you can own. I've played the game, but I tired from the repetitive button pressing and the predictableness of the gameplay.

SSMB is different. It's meant to be a button masher.

What I say about Budokai is my own opinion and you can't prove it wrong.

Yes, you are entitled to your own opinion. But I know WAY more than 5 simple combanations.That doesn't really help. You can know every combo in the game and ultimately suck. Its not how much you know, its how you execute them. Well, I still think you are wrong about the button masher thing. Your opinion of the game doesn't concern me, thats how you feel about it. I just wanted to correct you on the "button mashing" thing.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
It's a button-masher, pure and simple. If you can dial up a long combo consistently, you win. All you do is block until you opponent's combo ends, and then take your turn dialing up combos hoping that he doesn't block this time. It's not dynamic, and it certainly isn't deep.

Super Smash Bros. is a button-masher in a sense, but there are so many other aspects to the gameplay. The hand-to-hand combat is only a part of the gameplay. You have items to throw, weapons to use, Pokemon to summon, the environment to navigate, platforms to jump, and more. What does Budokai have? It has combos, and some neat animations that get boring after the tenth time you're forced to watch it.

sora364

Awards
Square Ninja said:
It's a button-masher, pure and simple. If you can dial up a long combo consistently, you win. All you do is block until you opponent's combo ends, and then take your turn dialing up combos hoping that he doesn't block this time. It's not dynamic, and it certainly isn't deep.

Super Smash Bros. is a button-masher in a sense, but there are so many other aspects to the gameplay. The hand-to-hand combat is only a part of the gameplay. You have items to throw, weapons to use, Pokemon to summon, the environment to navigate, platforms to jump, and more. What does Budokai have? It has combos, and some neat animations that get boring after the tenth time you're forced to watch it.

Square Ninja, you have the wrong idea. I was talking about button mashers IN GENERAL. Cloud Unchained basically said ALL button mashers sucked. I just corrected her by comparing a button masher that neither of you like to a awesome button masher that EVERYONE loves.Their gameplay mechanics are COMPLETLY different. There is no comparison. Bu tplain and simple, both games are button mashers. And Melee DOES NOT suck. Now do you get where I'm coming from? The reason I like this game more than you do, is because I am a HARDCORE Dragonball fan *with LOTS of merchandise*. Its a good fighter, but you guys compare it to alot of other fighting games out there, making it seem suckier than it actually is.

PS: The punch/ block thing is only true if you aren't an advanced player. If you master all the controls and lanker down with game instead of giving it 5-10 minutes of play time, you'd know that.Think stratigically and don't go into an all out Punch,block,punch,block fest. You don't take this game seriously because its based on an Anime franchise.

BTW: Cloud Unchained, your phony little "Score Board" doesn't mean a thing. Square Ninja is just more on your side than I am.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
sora364 said:
Square Ninja, you have the wrong idea. I was talking about button mashers IN GENERAL. Cloud Unchained basically said ALL button mashers sucked. I just corrected her by comparing a button masher that neither of you like to a awesome button masher that EVERYONE loves.Their gameplay mechanics are COMPLETLY different. There is no comparison. Bu tplain and simple, both games are button mashers. And Melee DOES NOT suck. Now do you get where I'm coming from? The reason I like this game more than you do, is because I am a HARDCORE Dragonball fan *with LOTS of merchandise*. Its a good fighter, but you guys compare it to alot of other fighting games out there, making it seem suckier than it actually is.

PS: The punch/ block thing is only true if you aren't an advanced player. If you master all the controls and lanker down with game instead of giving it 5-10 minutes of play time, you'd know that.

I never said that all button mashers sucked. I said that THIS button masher sucked.

Can you show me where I said that?

sora364

Awards
Well, I don't think very highly of the game. The unlockables make cool features (Gotenks, Gogeta, Gokule, Hercule etc etc). The game is fun for at least 10 minutes, then it becomes the same annoying button combinations. They didn't get very creative with the combo system either. The graphics are atcually very good (or at least the cel shaded games). Overall, this game is fun if you're one of the button mashing ten year olds out there.

You made it sound as though you'd have to be young and stupid to like button mashers. You didn't direct in directly to Budokai.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
sora364 said:

You made it sound as though you'd have to be young and stupid to like button mashers. You didn't direct in directly to Budokai.

No. You're assuming that's what I meant. You're wrong. I said that you'd love this game if you're a button masher. I meant this DIRECTLY towards Budokai.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
sora364 said:
Square Ninja, you have the wrong idea. I was talking about button mashers IN GENERAL. Cloud Unchained basically said ALL button mashers sucked. I just corrected her by comparing a button masher that neither of you like to a awesome button masher that EVERYONE loves.Their gameplay mechanics are COMPLETLY different. There is no comparison.

Wait...you were comparing two games that can't be compared?

sora364 said:
You don't take this game seriously because its based on an Anime franchise.

No, I don't take this game seriously because it's a shameless steaming pile of cash-in on a well-established franchise from a different medium. If Budokai played like Virtua Fighter or Soul Calibur, I would take it seriously.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Square Ninja said:

No, I don't take this game seriously because it's a shameless steaming pile of cash-in on a well-established franchise from a different medium. If Budokai played like Virtua Fighter or Soul Calibur, I would take it seriously.

I agree. The fighting engine on those games were a lot faster and in-depth. Budokai shows no signs of either.

sora364

Awards
Square Ninja said:

You did EXACTLY what I told you NOT to do! You are comparing it to other fighting games. And for your information, I WAS NOT comparing Budokai to Melee. It seems you have comprehension problems like your *Admiral*, "LordMune". I was just comparing the button mashing. ALL fighting games are button mashers, it doesn't matter what fighter it is.

PS: This thread is for the FANS of the series. If you don't like it, don't post or make your own " Anti Budokai Series Hate Thread" And Square Ninja, you suck up to alot of users and mods around here. Be your own person for god sakes.............

Cloud Unchained, What you just said didn't make any sense. You said you'd have to be a button masher to like Budokai. The games Square Ninja described, you seem to like. The problem is, since you like these games that makes YOU a button masher. And since you are a button masher that means you MUST like Budokai.But since you obviously DON'T, Just simply say you don't like the gameplay, fighting system, and features. It sounds much more logical.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
sora364 said:
You did EXACTLY what I told you NOT to do! You are comparing it to other fighting games. And for your information, I WAS NOT comparing Budokai to Melee. It seems you have comprehension problems like your *Admiral*, "LordMune". I was just comparing the button mashing. ALL fighting games are button mashers, it doesn't matter what fighter it is.

Why the hell shouldn't one compare Budokai to other fighting games? How are we ever going to see improvements in a genre if we don't compare games of the same genre? It's quite clearly trying to give players the impression that it's like to other fighting games. In fact, it tries to be like Tekken with super-powered monkeys, only Tekken is fluid and has depth. Now, if you were to tell me not to compare something like Bushido Blade to other fighting games, I would have to agree. The mechanics in Budokai are much like most fighting games, except poorly executed.

sora364 said:
PS:And Square Ninja, you suck up to alot of users and mods around here. Be your own person for god sakes...

Oh yeah, I suck up to the mods. In fact, I even take it a step further. I bring MegaFlare her breakfast in the morning, act as her foot rest, and open doors for her. I even spit-shine Ryu's shoes and fetch his paper. Oh, and as for Manchester, I do plenty of "sucking up", if you know what I mean. That's definitely the reason why people can actually get along with me. It can't possibly be because I actually use the shift key, punctuate, and make intelligent (generally) contributions to the discussion boards.

sora364

Awards
Square Ninja said:
Why the hell shouldn't one compare Budokai to other fighting games? How are we ever going to see improvements in a genre if we don't compare games of the same genre? It's quite clearly trying to give players the impression that it's like to other fighting games. In fact, it tries to be like Tekken with super-powered monkeys, only Tekken is fluid and has depth. Now, if you were to tell me not to compare something like Bushido Blade to other fighting games, I would have to agree. The mechanics in Budokai are much like most fighting games, except poorly executed.

Why? Because it will make Budokai 3 seem suckier to a gamer who looks for THOSE qualities in a game. Another thing, Dragonball came WAY before tekken was even created. So that rules out your "tries to be like Tekken with super-powered monkeys" story. I will admit Tekken IS more in depth than Budokai. BUT it doesn't mean that the Budokai franchise is any less a game than Tekken. Budokai's fighting Mechanics are DIFFERENT from most fighters. It IS NOT poorly executed. It seems different to you because you like games like Tekken and Soul Calibur. Since Budokai is different from these games, you feel they are not on par with what you should expect. But, let me ask you this?, How can Budokai "suck" if its latest installment has pulled in such high ratings? The games ARE in depth just not as much as other fighters. Here are some ratings for the game:

Gamespot: 8.2/ 10.0 being the highest

IGN: 8.0/ 10.0 being the highest

GameSpy: 4/ 5 being the highest

Gamepro: 4.5/ 5 being the highest

PSX Extreme: 8.5/ 10 being the highest.

Worth Playing: 8.8/ 10 being the highest

1up: 8/ 10 being the highest.

Game Zone: 8.1/ 10 being the highest

I don't think sucky games can get high ratings like that. Sure, they are not as high as Tekken 5's ratings, but they are still pretty damn good for a game that "sucks". All those guys are experts on whats good and bad about games. Overall, Budokai is a great game no matter WHAT you say. Anything else is just your personal opinion.

Square Ninja said:
Oh yeah, I suck up to the mods. In fact, I even take it a step further. I bring MegaFlare her breakfast in the morning, act as her foot rest, and open doors for her. I even spit-shine Ryu's shoes and fetch his paper. Oh, and as for Manchester, I do plenty of "sucking up", if you know what I mean. That's definitely the reason why people can actually get along with me. It can't possibly be because I actually use the shift key, punctuate, and make intelligent (generally) contributions to the discussion boards.

Peh, thats Pathetic no matter how much want to be accepted. You worship Moderators as though they were your God or Boss/Manager. It's not like they're actually gonna pay you for sucking up. I already know you "Suck Up" to Manchester, he pratically said it on his Sig. If this were the reason people get along with you, how come I don't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back