• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

DARK SOULS - Prepare to Die trailer, on Steam, DLC coming to consoles!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Re: Dark Soles

this is why i didn't like new game+
Yeah I hated that about New Game +
"Oh hey, that heavy but protective armour you've been buffing up your Endurance to carry around and still move sorta fast? Yeah it's basically useless now."

I get that Demon's Souls is all about increasing levels of difficulty as the game goes on, but it shouldn't have to do so artificially or unfairly. First and second playthroughs, the challenges Demon's Souls through at you were all entirely fair. Any NG+ after the first just tips things directly in the enemies' favour to artificially bolster the challenge.

αsiя

space coke

DARK SOULS | ??????

A layout of the map of the game and a preview of the OST. Not sure the map is the layout of the entire game or just a section of it.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

Regardless, I'm loving the snippets from the soundtrack.

dat #4

and #8

and #10

and #16

and #23

αsiя

space coke

[video=youtube;93LFz_j5fQA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93LFz_j5fQA[/video]

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Re: Dark Souls

This is hardly much, but it's something:

It almost feels as though the world of Dark Souls is what the world of Demon's Souls would have become without the Demon-Slayer character...

...or perhaps it's just the mention of fog.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Is it just me or does anyone else get an eerie LotR feeling when it comes to the story?

Otherwise, great OST

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards

Got Demon's souls a week ago to prepare for this game. Stuck on Armored spider on my first NG+ atm, not because the boss is difficult, but I've died so many times in body form making careless mistakes (used up like 5 of those stones that revive you). Now I'm trying to beat armored spider in soul form with black world tendancy and pure black character tendancy :/ I get okho'd by half the people on the way to the boss, even with cling ring lol

I absolutely love the game though, cant wait for dark souls :D

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

Part III of the prologue has been uploaded:

I can't tell whether the end of the dragons can definitely be called good or bad...
Like the contradicting aspects of the fire, I suppose it can be looked on as both.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

I don't know whether the covenants have been discussed in any great detail here, but I definitely think they're worth mentioning. The implications of how they will affect online play are tremendous--especially for the Blade of the Darkmoon. People will crowd Gwyn's court in order to become part of a Black Phantom police force...

Because I'll probably end up creating a sorcerer as my first character, I may end up making a covenant with the Daughters of Chaos . . . but I don't want to inadvertently disobey and have a cluster of eggs on my head.

Also, in other news, the soundtrack has been uploaded to YouTube:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Blade of Darkmoon sounds absolutely awesome, not necessarily slaying the wicked, but those who've betrayed their covenants.

αsiя

space coke

Man just next week and I'll be experiencing probably this year's best game for me.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Well, game is out. Just came home, ate and now I'm ready to pop the game in and get started.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition through Amazon, and now have been caught in the scramble to manufacture enough of them--because Namco Bandai apparently underestimated the number of Collector's Edition sales. Until then, quite a few people will be left waiting...

Why...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back